Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hamilton Faces Racism in Spain

Hamilton Faces Racism in Spain

This kind of upsets me. I know that Hamilton and Alonso may not have gotten along last year but that's no reason to bring race into it. Seriously, I kind of though F1, along with soccer and maybe 1 or 2 other sports was the chance for the world to come together and compete in a friendly manner.

Your thoughts?
    ESPN - F1 runner-up Hamilton reportedly subjected to racial taunts in Spain during test - Open-Wheel

Indeed, like him or not, that's a stupid thing to do and certainly bad for the image of the country...
    Live for Speed - Online Racing Simulator
    http://www.liveforspeed.net

It is totally ridiculous!

At the end of the day it's a sport and all sports people deserve respect, no matter of their performance in the sport.

It's rivalry gone too far in my opinion.

Nah...never understood such behaviour...

Never thought that this would happen to Formula One. It sucks indeed! But have any of you guys tried to search for Lewis Hamilton on youtube? This isnt the first time the spaniards are acting like idiots..

Hope that it will have consequenses for the spanish GP.
    Mercedes-Benz fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by s-d View Post
    Hope that it will have consequenses for the spanish GP.
    Yes, by the way, you're absolutely right. I think it's more than possible, knowing F-1 bosses.

Racism is present in each and every country. I'm sure Hamilton was subject to racist comments in several countries, but it seems the Spaniards thought it was appropriate to tell him aloud what they think...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Racism is present in each and every country. I'm sure Hamilton was subject to racist comments in several countries, but it seems the Spaniards thought it was appropriate to tell him aloud what they think...
    racism seems to happen in all activities that bear little or no relationship with sports....(soccer, F1....)
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

These are Alonso's lamo fanboys, and for what I can see, i wouldn't say that this is an isolated case, there are a lot of people who take this too much seriously, and they get very angry if you talk against Alonso...come on, it's only a sport.

However, i don't think they believe what they say,I mean, I don't think that all of them are racists, It's only a excuse to insult Hamilton. And, part of the problem is created by the spanish media...believe or not, at the ending of the last season in a statal TV news programe, they even did voodoo to a doll like Hamilton, no coment.
    Life is too short to stay, race!

Gora Euskadi! Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelzapi3 View Post
    believe or not, at the ending of the last season in a statal TV news programe, they even did voodoo to a doll like Hamilton, no coment.
    In this case Raikkonen title should be considered a 'present' from Alonso's fans?

Yes, they were very happy with the victory of Raikkonen...and keep in mind they were anti-ferrari and anti-schumacher the previous seasons , so they don't follow any logical behaviour, they are just fanboys.
    Life is too short to stay, race!

Gora Euskadi! Visca Catalunya!

To my mind, racism should only exist, if anywhere, in politics, not in sports.

I've heard how many people complain about too much politics having a presence in all forms of sports and I agree completely, but I fear cases like this could only serve to strengthen politics in sports.

Maybe the politicians aren't to blame for interfering in sports after all. If the fans drag politics into it then of course the politicians will follow, eh?

Is this the birth of formula one hooliganism?

Stupid miserable, greasy, smelly, workshy, racist Spaniards...

Thread Information