Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peugeot 905 1990

905 & 908 hdi
    Attached Images Attached Images

905 Evo 1

Was was with these yellow/red/green/yellow-red lights?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Ecnelis; 07-07-2012 at 06:05 AM.

so the mechanics could see during the night which car would come into the pit.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

I have a couple of questions about the 1992 vs 1993 spec 905s. At gurneyflap.com, they stated that the 1993 cars used the same Peugeot/Xtrac transverse SMG 6 speed gearbox developed for the 905 Evo 2, the "Supercopter" that was never raced. This gearbox replaced the longitudinal Peugeot/Xtrac 6 speed H-pattern manual used from 1990-1992.

The reason why I note this is that the Supercopter and the LM '93 cars used that gearbox, and it had altered rear suspension. The Supercopter and the '93 cars used pushrod rear suspension, while it seemed from the UCP article that the '90-92 cars used rocker arm rear suspension.

It also doesn't help that all but 1-2 905s, including the '92 LM24 winner, were converted to 1993 spec (the 1993 cars can be told apart from earlier versions in that they didn't have exhaust exits in front of the rear wheels--they ran a Toyota TS010 influenced exhaust blown diffuser, a la the Supercopter).

So did the pre-1993 spec cars run pushrod or rocker arm actulated rear suspension? The Evo 2 and '93 LM cars for sure did run pushrods, and almost all 905s aside from the '92 LM winner were converted to 1993 spec from the photos I've seen, as they have the transverse gearbox and EBD on them.
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

"I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

All the photos seem to show cars that were converted to 1993 spec. The giveaway seems to be the position of the exhaust exits. The pre 1993 spec cars have the exhaust exiting the bodywork in front of the rear wheels. The '93 spec cars lack that outlets, because they were converted to use an exhaust blown diffuser like the Toyota TS010 had been running.

Also, they all seem to be showing the use of a pushrod rear suspension, which the specs given on the lead page says that they used a rocker arms suspension, which by that I take as meaning that they used rear suspension like what most of the Southgate designed TWR Jaguar Group C cars used. Though, like the Pug, the Jags did run pushrod front suspension.

Also, the 1993 cars used a sequential manual 6 speed transverse "semi-automatic" gearbox with a push-pull lever, while earlier cars used a 6 speed H pattern longitudinal manual.

Problem is that only 1-2 1992 spec cars still exist, the 1992 LM winner being one, and the original Supercopter, which is where it's been said that lot of the 1993 mods came from. Problem is, I don't think that Peugeot will willingly let people photograph the Supercopter in such a state (the car when photographed by gurneyflap.com was locked in a room that had restricted access), nor even the '92 LM winner.

The benefit of all the cars UCP photographed is that they were all up for auction or in private hands. But since they were all seemingly updated to 1993 specs by Peugeot (some were raced at LM 1993, some were spare cars), that doesn't really answer my questions unfortunately.

Any idea on where I can find the specs for both the '92 and '93 LM cars outside of the gurneyflap.com article and gallery?
    Power to me is having the ability to make a change in a positive way. Don't dream it, be it.

the shots of EV15 we took during the Le Mans Classic of 2006, when Peugeot brought out the car to have it demonstrated by Eric Helary...

Thread Information