Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Forza Motorsport 4

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Yea, that's probably it for me too hellcat. If the ad was a guy in a traffic jam daydreaming about an Aston in a windy country road who was then brought back to reality by car horns then yea. As it is, it's just a guy who wishes he could be driving like a douche.
    He can't even go sideways properly...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    I don't care too much about weather nor night driving but dirt tracks would really make my year (or at least a couple months). That's the only thing I think that the GT series has over the Forza series. I enjoyed rally tracks so much in the GT games.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

still no porsche?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Nope, EA are still being bastards. Very unlikely they'll ever be included.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

ugh i was hoping after the release fuss died down and need for speed floundered anyway they could slip them in as dlc
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

That would be teriffic, hopefully Turn10/MS will keep asking but.. yea.

I don't see why someone doesn't just go directly to Porsche and explain to them just how inept EA has been at representing their brand to the virtual masses. I don't think any game to date has rep'd Porsche on the consoles as well as FM3 had...over 30 models past and present.
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Well, EA did do NFS: Porsche Unleashed. Besides that though, yes. On the other hand, Porsche got fat stacks o' cash and signed a contract that probably doesn't have a good enough exit clause for them to bother much with it.

To flip the coin somewhat, Turn10 and/or Microsoft have the exclusive Ferrari license but thus far haven't blocked anyone else from using them. At the moment they're trumpeting about how fair they are with it but it'll be interesting to see what happens if EA want to do a game with Ferraris.

If I were Turn 10 I would definitely block EA from using the Ferrari license...but let everyone else freely use it. In a perfect world it might be a good way to loosen up EA's grip on the Porsche license, but more than likely...EA would just opt not to bother with any Ferrari's in their future racing titles (their car rosters are usually pretty anemic and generic anyways).
    "Wise man say: Forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza."

Quote Originally Posted by ThisBlood147 View Post
    If I were Turn 10 I would definitely block EA from using the Ferrari license...but let everyone else freely use it. In a perfect world it might be a good way to loosen up EA's grip on the Porsche license, but more than likely...EA would just opt not to bother with any Ferrari's in their future racing titles (their car rosters are usually pretty anemic and generic anyways).
    It's not like you could use a Ferrari in Hot Pursuit mode, anyway.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

My "pre-order" says its going to be here the 17th...
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Welp, I have it and I'm playing it. I created a club if anyone wants to join, not sure what it does but hey, why not. It's just called UltimateCarPage (tag is UCP) so jump in if you want. We can have a shared garage and whatnot with it and maybe if enough of youse are interested we could get some leaderboards going.

Edit: I ended up joining a different club and you can only have one at a time, so this one is gone now. Feel free to recreate it.
    Last edited by pimento; 10-15-2011 at 07:27 PM.

Apparently my pre-order got cancelled. Not sure what happened there. I just got a box with the fuzzy dice and nothing else. Don't know if they ran out of the collector's editions or what. So I just marched down to best buy and picked up the normal one. Played it a bit.

I do like the finnicky new steering. A couple bad habits from Gran Turismo days bite me every now and then. If you flick to hard, the car really tries to do it and you often end up in the wall. You can really feel the shocks and tire mechanics this time, it's pretty awesome. Also, the cars feel a lot more solid. They kind of flex and crunch when you run them in to each other
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Yea, I like the touchy steering mode. It's bitten me a few times when I've reflexively over-corrected, but hey.. that's life... and what the rewind button is for. Starting in 8th all the time gets a little annoying when you've two laps to catch the guy that escaped the first corner carnage, but a few restarts to get a good start solved that one. In my Forza 3 the starting order was based on PP, but I think on my friend's he started usually in 6th or something. Not sure what that was about. I like that this time they mod all the cars on the grid to be at about the level cap for the race.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    Apparently my pre-order got cancelled. Not sure what happened there. I just got a box with the fuzzy dice and nothing else. Don't know if they ran out of the collector's editions or what. So I just marched down to best buy and picked up the normal one. Played it a bit.

I do like the finnicky new steering. A couple bad habits from Gran Turismo days bite me every now and then. If you flick to hard, the car really tries to do it and you often end up in the wall. You can really feel the shocks and tire mechanics this time, it's pretty awesome. Also, the cars feel a lot more solid. They kind of flex and crunch when you run them in to each other
    Best Buy canceled a lot of collector's editions for preorders and gave them all normal copies.

That's a real bad move on their part. I never pre-order games, but I'm not going to buy from them if they're doing stuff like this.

Thread Information