Page 354 of 536 FirstFirst ... 254304344352353354355356364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 8037

Thread: Show off your latest purchases here!

Soundproofing carpet? I need some of that, I can hear my stereo whilst standing next to my car with the engine running as clearly as I can inside the car, and it's not even that loud...
    V0R5PRU7NG DUR6CH T3CHN1K

Motion & Emotion

Quote Originally Posted by Waugh-terfall View Post
    Soundproofing carpet? I need some of that, I can hear my stereo whilst standing next to my car with the engine running as clearly as I can inside the car, and it's not even that loud...
    There really is no point, lol. The Mazda probably weighs as much as a box of tissues - adding soundproofing and all the mod cons will effectively double the weight!

It'll then be as bad as new small-engined superminis...the average 1.4 now takes about 12.5 YEARS to reach 60. And forget overtaking that numpty that's doing 30mph in a NSL zone.
    "This is hardcore." - Evo's John Barker on the TVR Tuscan S

You'd need alot to do the whole car. I'm doing it to better the sound quality for my subwoofer.

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    There really is no point, lol. The Mazda probably weighs as much as a box of tissues - adding soundproofing and all the mod cons will effectively double the weight!

It'll then be as bad as new small-engined superminis...the average 1.4 now takes about 12.5 YEARS to reach 60. And forget overtaking that numpty that's doing 30mph in a NSL zone.
    It's really not that bad, the roll weights just under 20lbs and since my sub box weights just under 100 and I can't get to the spare tire anyway I'll be removing it. So it should even out.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post

998kg, and meh, I'm gonna have to get used to that... Polo takes 17secs to get to 60... But then I get CD player, A/C, Leccy mirrors & windows, adjustable steering wheel, seats I can fit in and the ability to see where I'm going so the positives outweigh the negatives

Motion & Emotion

998kg, and meh, I'm gonna have to get used to that... Polo takes 17secs to get to 60... But then I get CD player, A/C, Leccy mirrors & windows, adjustable steering wheel, seats I can fit in and the ability to see where I'm going so the positives outweigh the negatives
    17 seconds? Really?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

16 rather, Mine currently takes 12.something but I dont usually drive hard enough for it to really matter

Motion & Emotion

16 rather, Mine currently takes 12.something but I dont usually drive hard enough for it to really matter
    Trust me it does matter, and you're going to notice. Sometimes performance is a safety feature.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Trust me it does matter, and you're going to notice. Sometimes performance is a safety feature.
    As the old man always put it: "Accelerate out of trouble rather than into it."

Also, while I'm in the thread, I bought a George Foreman grill earlier one, a large 6-person feeder.
    Last edited by Vaigra; 03-24-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Audi humbles Porsche. A new dawn starts today.

Being nice since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaigra View Post
    As the old man always put it: "Accelerate out of trouble rather than into it."

Also, while I'm in the thread, I bought a George Foreman grill earlier one, a large 6-person feeder.
    I thought the PS3 was good for 7 players...
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

2 new ball joints, 1 new wheel, 4 new tires, 1 new foglight, and 2 new grills for the bimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    2 new ball joints, 1 new wheel, 4 new tires, 1 new foglight, and 2 new grills for the bimmer.
    sounds like you had a bad day
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    sounds like you had a bad day
    Well, I've been needing all those things for a while now. I didn't have an accident or anything. The ball joints were just loose and the shop wouldn't align it. One of my wheels was slightly bent, causing a shake in my steering wheel. The fog light and Grills were just dirty and yellow and needed to be replaced. I do have a huge hole in my pocket now.

If anything the tires would suffer less because the power is divided between four instead of two.

And yet the G35 seems to get 20k miles out of them with two wheel drive.
    i dunno, my freind's sti always wears out the fronts before the rears, and much more rapidly than me (both have bridgestone RE55's)
    17 seconds! one of those cars where the quarter mile time is less than the 0-60? lol

edit: oh 12sec, that seems more normal
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    i dunno, my freind's sti always wears out the fronts before the rears, and much more rapidly than me (both have bridgestone RE55's)
    That's probably the understeer killing the tires. And how much power do you and him have?
    Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    17 seconds! one of those cars where the quarter mile time is less than the 0-60? lol

edit: oh 12sec, that seems more normal
    Nope 12 seconds is the Mazda, his new car does indeed 0-60 in 17... months.
    Visca Catalunya!

That's probably the understeer killing the tires. And how much power do you and him have?
    Ample. I get bruises on my knees whenever i go driving with him, My knees hit the rollcage that hard :P

Nope 12 seconds is the Mazda, his new car does indeed 0-60 in 17... months.

I think I'd die..
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Thread Information