Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pontiac is back!

There's more resurgence from the dead apparently.

SEMA 2009: Breaker, breaker, we got ourselves a Bandit — Autoblog
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post

Now that is perfect. That design fits the car very well. Props to that dude.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

The vehicle looks alien. The writer of the article needs to be professional in their commentary. Is this vehicle a drag car or a real racing machine?

That's more like it. I actually like that more than the camaro. But no, they had to keep buick and kill pontiac.

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    The vehicle looks alien. The writer of the article needs to be professional in their commentary. Is this vehicle a drag car or a real racing machine?
    Why?
    And both. It will out corner formula 1 cars and out accelerate top fuel cars.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

it's hilarious how much more 'rice' or style over substance design there is in the muscle cars now, as opposed to the jap cars... tables have turned.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    it's hilarious how much more 'rice' or style over substance design there is in the muscle cars now, as opposed to the jap cars... tables have turned.
    Most muscle cars were always more about being able to smoke the tires (style) than really running quarter mile times (substance) anyways. It just happened that the two overlapped somewhat if you were looking to do either on a budget.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

yeah but i mean the actual designs now though, fake ram air scoops and that sort of stuff, just to copy the older car. looks fine, but it's just funny.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

yeah but i mean the actual designs now though, fake ram air scoops and that sort of stuff, just to copy the older car. looks fine, but it's just funny.
    That's true. I've always hated fake anything on a car (scoops, wings, etc.) and yet we keep seeing them despite all the valid engineering reasons not to.
    Big cities suck

Could you really drive these cars in public without everyone older than 13 laughing openly and questioning aloud the dimensions of your reproductive equipment?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Even in the olden days many muscle cars had a lot of "show" - not all scoops and louvres were functional. And there are always the AMC specials which were quite loud...
    Visca Catalunya!

yeah but in that case now it's non-funtional showy stuff that's copying non-functional design from a previous era, it's not even original lol.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnynumfiv View Post
    They based it off the wrong gen t/a. They should have gone with a 67-69 design.
    Johnny, I agree with you. They should have gone with the 67-69 design. This design is horrible.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    I can live with both the Mustang (restyled) and the GT though.
    Especially the GT...I just can't help but think how much more awesome of a car that would've been, had it been an original design...
    Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain one as an adult.

Even in the olden days many muscle cars had a lot of "show" - not all scoops and louvres were functional
    You're right, and here's a bit of obscure scoop trivia: regardless of marque, afaik virtually every one of those muscle car scoop systems actually fed underbonnet air, just like normal intake systems do, with additional external (fresh) air from the scoop only being fed-in when a valve opened near WOT.

However the 'Shaker' bonnet scoop on XY Falcon GT-HO was locally modified to feature 100% external-air induction all the time (regardless of throttle position) via deletion of the underbonnet 'snorkel' air feed & heat-riser. These pics well display the unique blanking panel on GT-HO air-cleaner assemblies, as compared to Shakers used on hi-po US Fords (and regular Falcon GT as shown).

Btw I remember a local magazine doing a comparion test of GT-HO with & without its front under-bumper spoiler fitted. The spoiler produced iirc an approx two-inch drop in front ride height @ 90 mph. However the racing drivers of the day felt there wasn't much benefit from it, if at all, and what it did best was to greatly inhibit brake cooling.

Most of the extraneous junk slathered onto modern performance cars is useless imo, and especially so in these days of rigid speed enforcement - except as a 'telltale' indicator for police and thieves!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nota View Post
    Most of the extraneous junk slathered onto modern performance cars is useless imo, and especially so in these days of rigid speed enforcement - except as a 'telltale' indicator for police and thieves!
    There's so much more than top speed for the car enthusiast, nota.

And also the proper petrolhead still knows where to find that deserted mountain road to have fun with his or her performance car.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information