Thread: Better clarity with an FM transmitter

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?

Better clarity with an FM transmitter

I just bought a Griffin transmitter/charger for my iPod, and it works pretty well, but there is still a little bit of static. Any of you guys have one these? I notice that it sounds best when I hold it in my hand, but I don't want to wear hold it when I'm driving. The fact that my antenna is in the back might make a difference.
    .....likes NASCAR

Try wrapping the transmitter in a fairly heavy gauge wire, if you care that much.

buy a CD player with and Auxiliary input

End.

Buy a new car.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Try tuning it to a different station, often with mine the static gets stronger if there is already another station broadcasting on that chanel
    The McLaren F1- The most fun you can have with your clothes on

"Live Fast, Die Young, and Leave a Good Looking Corpse" -James Dean, weeks before dying in a car crash at the age of 24

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Buy a new car.
    Personally when I'm asking for a solution to a problem it infuriates me to see idiotic comments like that.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

i also noticed that charging the ipod while it was on worked alright....other than that there isnt much hope. my antenna is integrated into the back windshield and the only place i could get decent reception was outside of the car.....not all that feasible. i'd say depending on how much you use your ipod, you'll eventually need to buy either a interface box or a harmon kardon esque system which actually taps into the antenna itself. its not that much more expensive but its a definite improvement, as you no longer have interference from other stations.

what type of car do you drive..if you dont mind my asking?

i've been using a tape deck adapter, my 2003 G35 still has the tape deck where as the newer 2005 refresh lost it. its not super clear but it works
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

I had the "I-trips" transmitter for about a day, It was the most worthless piece of plastic I have ever encountered. Had to replace the factory head unit to gain an AUX so I went ahead stepped up to an Alpine with adapter cable. Their lowest end unit with cable was surprisingly cheap. I couldn't possibly be happier. Its more efficient at navigating my library than the Ipod's own interface. Remember, the best possible scenario with an FM transmitter is only as good as FM radio.

I'm lucky enough to have a car with a Tape Player. Spend $10 on tape kit w/ 3.5mm adapter, and I'm laughing. My phone & my iPod work. Genius.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Personally when I'm asking for a solution to a problem it infuriates me to see idiotic comments like that.
    Sorry. But it's partially true, as some new cars come with iPod adapters.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Sorry. But it's partially true, as some new cars come with iPod adapters.
    But it is not a cheap solution!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

10 minutes from Lingenfelter's... aren't you jealous?
    It's an '02 Stratus R/T. And I found a different station that is pretty much static free and is working like a charm now. Thanks for the advice fellas!
    .....likes NASCAR

Thread Information