Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed:Shift

There is your problem....Need for Speed used to be about Ferrari, Lambo and BMW Ms(among other super exotics), only in the post Fast and Furious time that it became a tuner car franchise.....

The carlist btw looks good....decent balance between hot hatches, sports cars, and exotics....not not a massive list with lots of filler like GT....I can only hope tbe developer delivers the diverse experience between different cars...
    Last edited by RacingManiac; 06-05-2009 at 10:37 AM.
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    There is your problem....Need for Speed used to be about Ferrari, Lambo and BMW Ms(among other super exotics), only in the post Fast and Furious time that it became a tuner car franchise.....
    yeah i know, they put too many tuners in the game that out numbered the exotic and muscle cars. i really need to widen out don't i?
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

The carlist btw looks good....decent balance between hot hatches, sports cars, and exotics....not not a massive list with lots of filler like GT....I can only hope tbe developer delivers the diverse experience between different cars...
    Exactly. And that was bad.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Fast and Furious + NFS Underground = nothing has been the same since then.
    and yes, it was better before.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

In a way, I kind of don't blame them, but yet I do.

The original games had a following that kind of left after they went Fast and the Furious.

But then again, they picked up on the fad and profited off of it.

It would have been nice if they made the FF as a spinoff and not kill the original idea behind the game. But hey, at least they're returning to it now.

They tried to put exotics into Most wanted didn't they?

Lets hope the haven't been away from the game long enough that this one fails miserably.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Looks good, however NFS names are always silly.

What's next? A prequel called NFS: Downshift and a sequel called NFS:Upshift?

I def want an expansion pack called Heel & Toe.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post

major LOL! i find the list of cars for NFS Shift is pretty balanced. NFS is all i've ever played for a car game. ( im such a douche! )
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post

Wise guy...

IGN: Need for Speed Shift Preview

Sounds interesting, I am at least intrigued by this, the difficulty test reminds me of Modern Warfare's opening test....probably more relavent in this case....hope my PC will be fast enough to play this(among other games coming...)
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Sounds interesting, I am at least intrigued by this, the difficulty test reminds me of Modern Warfare's opening test....probably more relavent in this case....hope my PC will be fast enough to play this(among other games coming...)
    this. the gf's notebook is already dropping the fps ration in Grid when it get a it hotter, which happens about every 4 minutes or so with not really high quality settings for as regards the graphics.
    I managed to get an smooth session only one evening, a pretty "cold" on (now it's freaking hot summer), with a fan pointed to the notebook (and me), and with a couple of books keeping the laptop raised from the table.

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    this. the gf's notebook is already dropping the fps ration in Grid when it get a it hotter, which happens about every 4 minutes or so with not really high quality settings for as regards the graphics.
    I managed to get an smooth session only one evening, a pretty "cold" on (now it's freaking hot summer), with a fan pointed to the notebook (and me), and with a couple of books keeping the laptop raised from the table.
    Sounds demanding. It looks like if anything I'd be playing it on a console.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Sounds demanding. It looks like if anything I'd be playing it on a console.
    PC games are pretty tough, and a laptop isn't the right solution either

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    PC games are pretty tough, and a laptop isn't the right solution either
    totally agree, there. i played MotoRacer on my older computer and boy was that game a hard sucker. escpecially doing wheelies. you'd excellerate like crazy and i'd loose control.
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aiasib View Post
    that looks sweet, although it looks as if they've played the motion blur card a little too hard.

amiright folks?
    That looks great. Nice to see that kind of information.
    http://best-tops-direct.com |http://4wheelonline.com/Fender_Flares.3212 | http://4wheelonline.com/Bushwacker_Fender_Flares.3170]Bushwacker

Thread Information