Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed:Shift

the Canyon racing NFS was , graphically , very nice . descending down to the city looked fantastic

pity that everything besides the graphics was kraaaap . so i didnt bother at all with ProStreet

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badsight View Post
    the Canyon racing NFS was , graphically , very nice . descending down to the city looked fantastic

pity that everything besides the graphics was kraaaap . so i didnt bother at all with ProStreet
    i just buy the NFS series just for the heck of it. mainly, the cars. always curious to see what they put in there.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Bought it last night and played today for about 2 hrs.

It is unlike any NFS game ever. It's like a mixture of GRID and Forza 2. I love it. The handling is very unique. They've managed to emulate wheelspin and throttle control unlike any other racing game I've played. It's really really good

graphics are very good as well. Sense of speed is perfect. Gameplay is good. Cars are sick! Zonda R anyone? I bought that one with some MP so i could drive it on quick race mode.....and its just as awesome as you would expect

I give it a 9.5/10

If you've not liked the NFS series lately, this game will most definetely change that for you
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

I have the PS3 version and I have the DFGT.

Graphics are decent considering the game is only 720p...which is disappointing.

The wheel takes a lot of input to steer the car....at least on the road cars.

Not bad for arcade.

Just downloaded the pc demo. Impressed so far. Graphics are really good but still trying to get the handling righ. The in cockpit view is very good.
    How can men use sex to get what they want?
    Sex is what they want. - Frasier

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    Just downloaded the pc demo. Impressed so far. Graphics are really good but still trying to get the handling righ. The in cockpit view is very good.
    I was having handling issues too, but once you unlock tier 2 and 3 upgrades and tuning, it all becomes much much better.

oh and I found a glitch in the game. I thought it was just me, but after a quick google, it turns out many people have the problem and a patch is coming out soon. Basically the Z06 does not work. You start a race and you have no throttle...lol, it just sits there.

I bought this game on the PS3 and I've been playing it all weekend. It's such a refreshing difference from the crap that EA have put out before, there's no frame freeze, the cars give excellent feedback and it feels like there is a half decent physics engine pinning it all together.

Highly recommended, you won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    You start a race and you have no throttle...lol, it just sits there.
    Sounds fun. I'm now having issues with the demo crashing.. grrr maybe I'll just have to buy the whole game!

Quote Originally Posted by derekthetree View Post
    Sounds fun. I'm now having issues with the demo crashing.. grrr maybe I'll just have to buy the whole game!
    The rest of the game is working great for me. Loads pretty fast too. Im playing it on 360

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    The rest of the game is working great for me. Loads pretty fast too. Im playing it on 360
    I've bottomed the crash issue. Seeems it creates a folder in your My Docs that crashes the game the second time you play it??

I've now unlocked the Zonda F in the demo, very fast. I can see what you eman about the lower level cars. They seem to either understeer all over the place or have massive power oversteer.

Overall I think its a marked improvement on previous NFSs. I quite enjoyed them for a quick blast. This seems much closer to the GTR/TOCA mould. Still not patch on GTR2 though

yea have you tried an AWD vehicle yet? It's amazing how much better they handle. The GTR Spec V and especially the Gallardo LP-560 are the best handling cars I've tested. Fully modded of course

Some of the wheel hop is borderline ridiculous. My brother was drifting an E46 and spun out on the grass with the rear end bouncing. He stopped square on track and the car still just sat there bouncing.

Everything else though seems pretty good
    I am the Stig

Just bought it from EB games - I remembered I have a stack of old games i havent played for about seven months.. Trade in FTMFW.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I found 2 more issues. The flag girl at the beginning of each race...she is standing in the middle of my car every time

and one more issue with the Z06. In the area where you buy it, they mixed up some info. They say it has 470hp and 505 tq. It should say 505hp 470tq.

Rest of the game is going well. Unlocked tier 4 cars and found out you cant upgrade them...but they are still awesome.

I played the PC demo.. it has a few frustrating demoey problems.. and some other things. It makes me want Forza 3...

Thread Information