Thread: Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato 2014

Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato 2014

Cernobbio, May 2014. Two “strong” themes define the design in its whole: the volume of the front fender that bites the bonnet - integrating the functions of the lights and the secondary air intakes - and the rear end starting from the center of the car that gives it a thrust.
    On the front end a floating spoiler takes inspiration from the Lamborghini Raptor Zagato, coming to a firewall in carbon fiber that conceals the front air intakes.
    Continuous glass surfaces – a technical and stylistic theme launched by Zagato in the end of the 40s on the Panoramic bodies and re-applied in the 80s – surround the pillar-less body and, similarly to aeronautical cockpits, reduce noise and improve aerodynamics.
    The side intakes, following the Lamborghini Raptor, have been visually reduced to the minimum thanks to an air scoop on the roof as well as additional apertures concealed in the glass surfaces. The air scoop is functionally integrated with the double bubble roof, a signature of Zagato design, directing the cooling to the intake manifold.
    The monolithic rear volume is chopped off by the typical truncated tail and reveals the brutality of mechanical components protruding from the area such as tail lamps heat release, aerodynamic features and the active spoiler.
    There isn’t a sole gram of fat in a Lamborghini. It is thin and athletic, having a lot in common with the surfaces of a Zagato body, true to the rule that a car is as much efficient as it is compact.
    Zagato designers and engineers aimed to press the rear towards the engine and to increase the proportion of the front. As a result, the 5-95 Zagato’s volumes express a sense of energy through fluid and organic surfaces that recall an animal’s muscles as it is ready to leap forward.
    The volumes intersect each other and suggest a jump, as if the central part of the front is ahead of the fender. To accentuate these proportions some solutions were introduced: in fact a new wind deflector was inserted at the base of the windscreen in order to increase the perceived length of the bonnet - this has a very precise aeronautical function because it improves the wind flow in the windscreen wiper area. In the same way, the rear volume has been slightly reduced introducing a “coda tronca” (truncated tail) to emphasize the perception of the leap.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've never been this confused by a name before...

It's entirely too Spyker-esque, kind of disappointing because Zagato is my favorite one-off coach builder

Quote Originally Posted by Cobrafan427 View Post
    It's entirely too Spyker-esque, kind of disappointing because Zagato is my favorite one-off coach builder
    ... And my least favourite.

Interesting is the word people use to describe something they don't like but is different and/or striking.

This is interesting.

We saw the car in the flesh and it is indeed quite interesting, in a positive way. And the owner had a good weekend because his car won Villa d'Este BOS by the jury....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I've never been this confused by a name before...
    They are going to build 5 examples and Zagato is 95 years old this year.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    They are going to build 5 examples
    No, it's one-off for Albert Spiess. It's fifth Lamborghini from Zagato, that's why there is "5" in the name.

1 - Lamborghini 3500 GTZ (2 cars build)
    2 - Zagato Raptor (one-off prototype)
    3 - Lamborghini P147 aka Canto aka "Super Diablo" (few prototypes)
    4 - LM003 Borneo (SUV, scale model only)
    Last edited by Duell; 05-27-2014 at 11:29 PM.

You may be right about the name but they are going to make five or even six examples. A Zagato representative explained that creating just a single example would be way too expensive.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato #2

Lamborghini 5-95 Zagato #3

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    We saw the car in the flesh and it is indeed quite interesting, in a positive way. And the owner had a good weekend because his car won Villa d'Este BOS by the jury....
    Another "interesting" car in my eyes, by the way.

Wonderful coverage from the past few weeks guys. I'm still working through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Another "interesting" car in my eyes, by the way.

Wonderful coverage from the past few weeks guys. I'm still working through it.
    thank you, take your time
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

this is the interior.

Thread Information