Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 / 2011 Formula 1 Silly Season

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    in the interest of democracy, or just to annoy Bernie?
    To annoy Bernie.

so not particularly interesting information, but Infiniti will now feature fairly prominently as a sponsor on Red Bull. Makes sense given the Renault power, through some extrapolation, to get to Infiniti, but still not completely logical in my brain.

INFINITI & RED BULL RACING: THE INFINITI LUXURY AUTOMOTIVE BRAND JOINS THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS RACING SERIES IN THE WORLD

Infiniti, the global luxury automotive brand from Japan, announced today a marketing agreement with Formula One World Champions, Red Bull RacingRenault, covering the 2011 and 2012 F1 seasons. Leveraging the co-operative power of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, a unique triumvirate has been created with Red Bull Racing, focused on high-profile marketing and technical activities around Formula One.

As part of the agreement, Infiniti will have a high-profile branding presence on the racing car, drivers clothing and related team uniforms and equipment. In addition to the branding and marketing relationship, Infiniti will work with Renault to forge future technical collaboration with Red Bull Racing. The Red Bull Racing team will continue to utilise the Renault F1 engines in 2011 and 2012 that powered them to their maiden Formula One World Championships last season.

Commenting on this historic announcement for Infiniti, Andy Palmer, Senior Vice President, Infiniti said: “Over the mid-term, Infiniti will be simultaneously expanding its global presence and broadening its product range. Given these twin ambitions, it is clear that Formula One offers us an unrivalled global communications platform, complementing Infiniti’s ethos of Inspired Performance. We are excited to have the opportunity to enter Formula One together with a world-class team like Red Bull Racing Renault.”

Red Bull Racing’s Team Principal Christian Horner, who was instrumental in pulling the agreement together, said: “Red Bull has always taken a different approach, so when the Infiniti executives outlined their innovative plan to us we were very open to working with them. Coming off the back of our 2010 Drivers’ and Constructors’ World Championships, we feel even more excited to be starting the 2011 season with a new and committed partner like Infiniti.”

Bernard Rey, President of Renault Sport F1 further endorsed the new deal: “While Renault is rightfully very proud of our achievements within Formula One, we know the future is about collaboration. To have a talented and committed Alliance partner like Infiniti is very welcome as we set out on the current and future challenges in Formula One. So it is with great pleasure that I would like to welcome Andy Palmer and his entire team in our Formula One adventure, and I look forward to starting the 2011 season together as Alliance partners.”

About Infiniti
    Infiniti, the luxury automotive brand from Japan, reflects its brand promise "Inspired Performance" with a model line-up of sedans, coupés, SUVs and crossovers featuring exhilarating performance, emotive design and cutting edge technology. Infiniti continues to launch across the globe through a dedicated network of Infiniti Centres that share a commitment to exceptional hospitality throughout the entire period of ownership. For more information, see Welcome to Infiniti

About Renault Sport F1
    Renault Sport F1 is the motorsport department responsible for Renault’s F1 activities. Renault Sport F1 has multiple roles, as engine conceptor, technology and business-to-business opportunities supplier for three F1 teams this season. The main thrust of its work takes place at Viry-Châtillon, traditionally the technical hub of Renault’s F1 activities: engines have been conceived, developed, and tested here for more than 30 years.
    some pics if you follow the link: Nissan/Infiniti News Room
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Interesting they stepped in with the Infiniti name instead of of the mothership, Nissan.

its all marketing my friend. nissans don't cater to the wealthy, neither do renaults, F1 sorta does. so infiniti makes sense as it is aimed to a little higher income bracket.

Ya, I get that...but in my logical thinking I'm connecting Renault with a Nissan caliber car, not Infiniti.

You just have to think around it.

Logic has no place in advertising.

Makes sense to me, they're pushing Infiniti in Europe so from a car brand sponsership point of view they get exposed next to Ferrari and Mercedes up on the podium. It'd be relatively cheap too, as I'm sure there'll be a give/take here involving engine costs and whatnot. Hell, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the engines being rebranded as Infiniti in the next few years if the relationship continues. Lotus/Renault and Red Bull/Infiniti?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

The skinny is that Nissan has done such a poor job marketing Infiniti in USA that they need a 'Hail Mary' to get top tier visibility in the new markets F1 is traveling to so as to not make the same mistake.

You are right, the engine rebranding will prolly happen....and that would be logical marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    The skinny is that Nissan has done such a poor job marketing Infiniti in USA that they need a 'Hail Mary' to get top tier visibility in the new markets F1 is traveling to so as to not make the same mistake.

You are right, the engine rebranding will prolly happen....and that would be logical marketing.
    autosport.com - F1 News: Infiniti: No interest in engine badging
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    Logic has no place in advertising.

Makes sense to me, they're pushing Infiniti in Europe so from a car brand sponsership point of view they get exposed next to Ferrari and Mercedes up on the podium. It'd be relatively cheap too, as I'm sure there'll be a give/take here involving engine costs and whatnot. Hell, I wouldn't be too surprised to see the engines being rebranded as Infiniti in the next few years if the relationship continues. Lotus/Renault and Red Bull/Infiniti?
    This.

It's purely for Europe. Next are five door hatches and some estate cars.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

They'll build whatever the Chinese want first and the rest of the markets will just have to like it or leave it.

I disagree with their thinking if they really want to break new ground with Infiniti...they need to get the name on the lump and in the team name. Imagine how many times RedBull Renault is repeated in speech and in print. Imagine if it were RedBull Infiniti instead.

Putting the name on the wing is nothing. They can't even make any legit TV commercials using the F1 car unless that engine is badged.

They could purchase title sponsership, you don't have to be the engine supplier for that. 'Infiniti Red Bull Renault', doesn't it just roll off the tongue?
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    I disagree with their thinking if they really want to break new ground with Infiniti...they need to get the name on the lump and in the team name. Imagine how many times RedBull Renault is repeated in speech and in print. Imagine if it were RedBull Infiniti instead.

Putting the name on the wing is nothing. They can't even make any legit TV commercials using the F1 car unless that engine is badged.
    while i completely agree with you, Infiniti doesn't put their name on anything in the engine bay of their own cars. so why would they start with an F1 car?

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    while i completely agree with you, Infiniti doesn't put their name on anything in the engine bay of their own cars. so why would they start with an F1 car?
    Because no one knows about Infiniti in Europe, let alone who they are, who design or produce their cars and who's the mother company.
    Heck, people still think Audi and Volkswagen are not the same!
    Renault+Nissan+Infiniti is a bit too much for them, they should be easy to fool
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    Because no one knows about Infiniti in Europe, let alone who they are, who design or produce their cars and who's the mother company.
    Heck, people still think Audi and Volkswagen are not the same!
    Renault+Nissan+Infiniti is a bit too much for them, they should be easy to fool
    which is precisely why i find the idea of not branding the car as a red bull infiniti all that much more strange. people will surely be thinking 'why is renault letting another car maker advertise on their turf?'

but how would it be seen by the FIA if they were to call it an Infiniti engine? would it then be considered a new engine manufacturer and thus be allowed to provide engines to more teams?

Thread Information