Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by DesmoRob View Post
    Its his mom's? from the pictures I thought it was the dog's.

and yes I'm quite certain he has a 964 Turbo
    I do believe the Grimace is his Mom's.

His Dad rocks a 996 GT3.

How lame is it to have a family of Porsches in your family?

clutch, atone for this!

Someone started talking bad about the Zonda?!

Put Maserati and Aston Martin on my favorite menu as well.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Hey I like anything that's interesting.

It's just that most italian cars are interesting. Or something.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

You don't like yours? Or just the newer AWD ones?
    any of the watercooled ones, they sound terrible and are usually AWD (buy a ****ing evo then if you don't want to drive!)

At least you'll admit to it and not defend with the classic "its not pink, its salmon!" line
    it's just a light-ish red!
    Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    Isn't his mom's purple one turboed?
    yup, in Rob's defense, i do drive it a lot. i guess for practical purposes it is 'mine' in the sense that if i want to drive it somewhere i can?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I do believe the Grimace is his Mom's.

His Dad rocks a 996 GT3.

How lame is it to have a family of Porsches in your family?

clutch, atone for this!
    Lame?!? I suspect Porsche envy.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    any of the watercooled ones, they sound terrible and are usually AWD (buy a ****ing evo then if you don't want to drive!)
    The Turbo chargers kind of tend to take away from the sound of the engine don't they? My friend's watercooled, turbo-less 4S sounds like a lion. I love it. But again, its AWD so that kind of blows.

yup, in Rob's defense, i do drive it a lot. i guess for practical purposes it is 'mine' in the sense that if i want to drive it somewhere i can?
    can't go wrong with that. At least you don't have to pay for any cost of ownership aside from the gas you use.

and my share of the insurance of course
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

and my share of the insurance of course
    Is insurance reasonable in Aus? I pay around $300/month for the TT, although thats with a surcharge smacked on top because I destroyed my Jetta, which pushed my rates up. Still though it would be around the $250/month mark.

$1200 AUD per year for me in the 964 full comp, salvage rights etc
    down to $270 for the triumph, same coverage.

$1200 AUD per year for me in the 964 full comp, salvage rights etc
    down to $270 for the triumph, same coverage.
    wow thats dirt cheap. We have terrible insurance in BC because there isn't any competition. Its the Insurance Corporation British Columbia, and it is tied to the government. They are the highest earners in the province, and because the government gets most of the pie, we may never see any competition offering better rates.

I priced out an early 90's Diablo just for fun one day when I was in renewing my insurance, and at a 0% discount I got quoted over $6,000/year. For that money I expect monthly scheduled blow jobs included.

wow thats dirt cheap. We have terrible insurance in BC because there isn't any competition. Its the Insurance Corporation British Columbia, and it is tied to the government. They are the highest earners in the province, and because the government gets most of the pie, we may never see any competition offering better rates.

I priced out an early 90's Diablo just for fun one day when I was in renewing my insurance, and at a 0% discount I got quoted over $6,000/year. For that money I expect monthly scheduled blow jobs included.
    Ehhh... The competition doesn't help in this case. Ontario pays ridiculous rates out of it's ass. $6,000 a year doesn't even sound that bad to me offhand (no, it is ridiculously low actually as you will soon see). Manitoba pays some of the lowest rates in Canada and it's provincially run - I think they run it at no cost. So, if at the end of the year they found they overcharged, everyone in the province gets a cheque.

Oh.... you are very wrong. Here, public rates are the lowest in Canada - significantly so. The free market works!

The key findings and conclusions of this study are:
    Finding #1 – Public Auto Insurance Systems Offer The Lowest Rates For Consumers
    My buddy has a 2006 Camry, has been driving since 17, no accidents, no tickets, and pays 2200 a year.

My Dad pays 5k a year on a 2001 TL with him as primary, my Mom as secondary, and me as tertiary.

Toronto pays the highest rates in Canada (big cities are clearly higher), and Alberta some of the highest in the country, and Alberta is notorious for being very business/competition friendly.

we no longer have tertiary/primary/secondary drivers here any more iirc. it's simplified to either you're on the plan, or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Ehhh... The competition doesn't help in this case. Ontario pays ridiculous rates out of it's ass. $6,000 a year doesn't even sound that bad to me offhand (no, it is ridiculously low actually as you will soon see). Manitoba pays some of the lowest rates in Canada and it's provincially run - I think they run it at no cost. So, if at the end of the year they found they overcharged, everyone in the province gets a cheque.

Oh.... you are very wrong. Here, public rates are the lowest in Canada - significantly so. The free market works!

My buddy has a 2006 Camry, has been driving since 17, no accidents, no tickets, and pays 2200 a year.

My Dad pays 5k a year on a 2001 TL with him as primary, my Mom as secondary, and me as tertiary.

Toronto pays the highest rates in Canada (big cities are clearly higher), and Alberta some of the highest in the country, and Alberta is notorious for being very business/competition friendly.
    You guys truly pulled the shortest straw in Ontario huh. I thought we had it bad in BC.

The great thing (if you can call it that) with the high end car insurance scene is that we have winter here in Canada, and that we therefore don't have to feel bad for insuring the thing for only 2 - 4 months out of the year. The maximum anyone in southern BC could really justify driving a Ferrari or Lambo would be 6 months. So even with a half years worth of driving, you've cut your cost of insurance in half. The rest of the time only requires fire/theft/vandalism, which is dirt cheap in comparison. Sad about the weather, but I wouldn't mind saving some coin for constant repairs lol. On down days, at least they're pretty enough to just sit there and look good. I would be that guy that sat in his garage drinking beer and staring at his Ferrari.

Thread Information