Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New web browser for African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    I have so many comments that would get me perma-banned. I'm just going to sit this one out guys.
    PM me them.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by fisetdavid26 View Post
    Had to test the product myself.
    Haha, "Black Search". Like badda, I think I should sit the rest of this out.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Oops...I'm going to hell, aren't I?

(sorry if I've offended anyone here)

edit- Hey, Fiset, it seems I actually did it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    Oops...I'm going to hell, aren't I?

(sorry if I've offended anyone here)

edit- Hey, Fiset, it seems I actually did it.
    You sir, get one internet point.
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

Nevermind I can't resist.

If someone designed and distributed a browser made by white folks for white folks every other race on the planet would have a fit. Yet AA's can have their own?

And what If I happen to be British and African? That makes me African-British, and this browser is useless. Not every black person is African American.

If you look at Davids screen shot there is a button that says "<3 Give Back". Ha! good luck getting anything. It requires money to give money.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird
    "Because we know that you are twice as likely to be among the first to discover new trends and use advanced technology compared to the general population."
    Yes twice as likely because you stole the trend out of my living room.

Because we know that 85% of African Americans prefer online news and information from the Black perspective.*
    What this really means is that 85% of African Americans now steal internet services.

because we know the 20 million African Americans online need tools to build and foster community now more than ever.
    If Jamal can't foster his own child he should not be fostering an online community.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

If Jamal can't foster his own child he should not be fostering an online community.
    Zing!

And what If I happen to be British and African? That makes me African-British, and this browser is useless. Not every black person is African American.
    I know what I'm about to type is a technicality but what the hell:

I'd safely say that most African Americans are not "African American's"; they are just American's. To be a true African American one would have to be from a country in Africa and then move to the States in their lifetime for that kind of status. These groups (Asian American, African American, etc) that races create are just a way to make their minority special and different from the all terrible and racist white man. It's as if they need a way to be a part of this all so wonderful and unique cultural scene that the United States has, but really they are American's with their own history and identity. Most of my ancestors came to the States from Germany. Does that make me a German American or Euro American; no, I was born in the USA (no Springsteen pun intended) so I'm just a simple American.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    I know what I'm about to type is a technicality but what the hell:

I'd safely say that most African Americans are not "African American's"; they are just American's. To be a true African American one would have to be from a country in Africa and then move to the States in their lifetime for that kind of status. These groups (Asian American, African American, etc) that races create are just a way to make their minority special and different from the all terrible and racist white man. It's as if they need a way to be a part of this all so wonderful and unique cultural scene that the United States has, but really they are American's with their own history and identity. Most of my ancestors came to the States from Germany. Does that make me a German American or Euro American; no, I was born in the USA (no Springsteen pun intended) so I'm just a simple American.
    I'd say you are a German-American, though I guess you have the final say.
    How do oyu reference your German heritage then, do you say you are of German descent?
    German-American is much easier to say.
    EDIT: That's why I say Black rather than African American.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 12-10-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Nevermind I can't resist.

If someone designed and distributed a browser made by white folks for white folks every other race on the planet would have a fit. Yet AA's can have their own?
    The worst is that measures like these amount to auto-segregation, which is exactly the opposite of what they should probably be looking for .
    www.myspace.com/kasaky

First of all I'd like to say that this just seems like some silly marketing scheme. I mean...there's nothing different about it really than any other browser maybe just a different color. But ill bet you tons of people will get it cause its marketed to them, i wonder if anyone will make any money off it...prolly not.

Also, as to the whole "african American" technicality. A local school here had a "african american of the month" award deal for black history month and the school selected a white guy who was born and raised in south africa! hilarious! big trouble though.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by teatako View Post
    The worst is that measures like these amount to auto-segregation, which is exactly the opposite of what they should probably be looking for .
    Same with every other black-nationalist movement.
    Like BET and UPN.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    How do oyu reference your German heritage then, do you say you are of German descent?
    German-American is much easier to say.
    EDIT: That's why I say Black rather than African American.
    Personally, I'm not all caught up with where my blood originates. I know some people are but I'm not. If the subject ever comes up (like now) I would just simply be of German descent.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Also, as to the whole "african American" technicality. A local school here had a "african american of the month" award deal for black history month and the school selected a white guy who was born and raised in south africa! hilarious! big trouble though.
    Yeah, but that at least makes logical sence.

Quote Originally Posted by LTSmash View Post
    Yeah, but that at least makes logical sence.
    That is why black is the better adj.
    What a stupid f*cking award, if I do say so myself.

I'm with Baddabang on this... We all know what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.. Reading away i couldn't believe this was true, Thought it was just a joke..

I once seen a guy go nuts about something similar.. He said try making white TV.. You'd be shot in the first hour. But he made some valid points that we don't really think about.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information