Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hyundai i30 (GD) 2011-

Hyundai i30 (GD) 2011-

HYUNDAI REVEALS FIRST RENDERING OF THE ALL-NEW i30

- 'Fluidic sculpture' uses flowing lines to showcase a dynamic appearance
    - All-new-generation of i30 designed and engineered in Europe
    - New model set for world premiere at Frankfurt Motor Show next month

High Wycombe, 10 August 2011 – Hyundai has released the first rendering of the next-generation i30, revealing an exciting new look for the company's bestselling C-segment hatchback. It will be unveiled at the 2011 Frankfurt International Motor Show (IAA) in September.

The all-new i30 was designed and engineered at the Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Centre in Rüsselsheim, Germany, and represents the next evolution of the unique form language, 'fluidic sculpture' – the company's distinctive design DNA.

The 'fluidic sculpture' ethos utilises flowing lines inspired by nature and modern architecture to give a constant three-dimensional presence to Hyundai vehicles, and was introduced as the Hyundai ix-onic concept at the 2009 Geneva Motor Show. Since this debut, 'fluidic sculpture' has become the design language behind all new Hyundai models launched in Europe.

Thomas Bürkle, Chief Designer, Hyundai Motor Europe commented: "When designing the new i30, we used strong, fluid lines to sculpt a car which looks athletic while exuding a sense of constant motion, even when stationary. From the rendering, you can see how we managed to give the car a bold stance, transmitting a confident attitude through sporty characteristics and dynamic proportions. In this way, the car is very close to the recently unveiled i40, and we want people to recognise the Hyundai design DNA on those two models."

The next-generation i30 is also recognisable thanks to Hyundai's signature front face – the hexagonal shaped front grille.

"The hexagonal appearance is unique to Hyundai, with the jewel-like front headlamps which flank the grille adding a strong personality to the vehicle, as well as a sense of refinement and luxury," Thomas Bürkle added.

Allan Rushforth, Senior Vice President and COO of Hyundai Motor Europe, commented, "We expect this next-generation i30 to play a significant role in developing our brand image in Europe and strengthen the vehicle's position as our best-seller in Europe. Since 2007, the name 'i30' has become synonymous with 'quality', 'reliability' and 'low emissions' in Europe, and we hope that, amongst others, the term 'emotional appeal and style' will be added to the list with the introduction of this dynamic new model.

"Under our brand slogan 'New Thinking. New Possibilities', our European team of designers have sculpted a car which truly looks at home on European roads thanks to its bold and confident appearance. We are very excited about revealing the car for the first time in Frankfurt next month."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

HYUNDAI REVEALS FIRST IMAGE OF NEW-GENERATION i30

- New-generation i30 to build on the remarkable success of original model
    - Next evolution of fluidic sculpture form language revealed on newcomer
    - Quality and refinement for new-generation i30 inspired by the segment above

Hyundai has revealed the first photo of the new-generation i30, ahead of the car's world premiere at the 2011 Frankfurt Motor Show (IAA) next week, showing an exciting new look for the company's best-selling C-segment hatchback.

Hyundai expects the new-generation i30 to build on the remarkable success of the original model – the company's first car to be launched with the 'i' prefix, introducing a new nomenclature and heralding a new era for Hyundai in Europe.

The original i30 was also the first model to be designed and engineered in Europe, the first to be produced at the company's state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in the Czech Republic, and the first Hyundai car to receive five stars from Euro NCAP.

After its July 2007 launch, the i30 went on to increase its sales in Europe every year, attracting 115,000 buyers in 2010 – the highest-ever annual sales figure for an individual Hyundai model in Europe – and achieving total sales of more than 350,000 units up to mid-2011.

Designed and engineered at the Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Centre in Rüsselsheim, Germany, the new-generation i30represents a further evolution of the unique Hyundai form language, 'fluidic sculpture', displaying the company's distinctive design DNA.

Thomas Bürkle, Chief Designer at Hyundai Motor Europe Technical Centre, commented: "The new-generation i30 is recognisable thanks to the Hyundai family face with its signature hexagonal-shaped front grille and the jewel-like design of the headlamps, together with distinctive daytime running lights. These lights present an angular shape within a more softly-edged recess, adding a strong personality to the vehicle, as well as a sense of refinement and luxury."

"Through the profile of the new generation i30, a strong character line runs over the front and rear wheelarches all the way to the tail lamps. A softer, lower character line rises up the car's flank creating a play of light and shadow – a fundamental feature of fluidic sculpture," Thomas Bürkle concluded.

Allan Rushforth, Senior Vice President and COO of Hyundai Motor Europe, commented, "We expect the new-generation i30 to appeal to young, progressive buyers who want a car that not only performs well but looks great too. In this way, the new-generation i30 will contribute to future sales success, growing brand awareness and improving perceptions of Hyundai among European consumers."

"The car has been designed to take on the leading vehicles in the C-segment and join the all-new i40 as a quality benchmark for Hyundai. Our ultimate customer care package, Five Year Triple Care, will be a valuable point of differentiation for the new-generation i30 in its highly competitive class," Allan Rushforth added.

The award-winning Five Year Triple Care package provides five years of unlimited-mileage warranty, five years of roadside assistance, and five years of vehicle health checks.

The company's press conference will take place in Hall 6 at 12:00 (CET) on Tuesday 13th September 2011.
    Visca Catalunya!

Looks good, great little car.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Have you guys seen the new Hyundai i30, it looks really nice. It's looks like the other Hyundai cars, it look very nice from the inside as well. Go Hyundai.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Hope it hasn't been dulled down #3
    Visca Catalunya!

Hope it hasn't been dulled down #4
    Visca Catalunya!

Hope it hasn't been dulled down #5