Page 98 of 174 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2596

Thread: The Official UCP Video Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    ^^^ I'll post footage from IoM TT rides round the mountain at 160+ if you want
    Am over for another years great racing.
    The ONLY place on the planet where van-man drivers know that riders rule !!
    you ever have any interest in riding in the race?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

oh yes ... BUT you have to reach minimum lap times and there is NO WAY I'm riding it THAT fast in the glens with rocks stickign out of grass banks !
    It takes minimum of 2-3 years of doing the ManxGP before you can even CONSIDER doing the TT. 37 3/4 miles, over 200 corners, it can be warm, dry and sunny in the south and be foggy adn damp patches in the mountain. So takes hundreds of laps to "learn" it.

AVERAGE lap speed 130+mph.
    Best lap time is 17' 12.30 secs ..according to Google maps it should take an hour and five minutes

Some clips to put it all in context....

Bray Hill ... this is a 170MPH section ( yes ALL OF IT ) and some don't get it lined up properly from the previous "leap".
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1W5HN40bpw]YouTube - Horrific CrasH!![/ame]

With kerbs, rocks, banks, walls, you are only ever a few inches away from this ...
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjkaVytvhNc]YouTube - Isle of Man TT Crash[/ame] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO63DsSMJK8[/ame]

You're not even safe on a "classic"
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8COCPyB-go]YouTube - Isle Of Man Tt Historical Bike Crash[/ame]

... and 3 wheels isn't necessarily safer than 2
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUeblgvNX6s]YouTube - Crash at Isle Of Man TT[/ame]

So I have a "wish" to ride it thankfully tempered by an honest appraisal of my skills on a bike and the consequences of getting it even only SLIGHTLY wrong. There are no runn-offs or kitty litter traps. Best the island offers is a straw bale wrapped around a tree or lampost.
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-19-2010 at 03:40 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Wow, Matra... after providing that wonderful viddy of Peter Green, you HAD to go and post TTcrashes?!?

I always look forward to watching the TT as it's a dinosaur of a road race and the most amazing. Ditto any sidear action, but unfortunately when Speedvision became Speed coverage went away. Also a shame it's no longer part of the championship.

Re: whitevanman at the 'Ring, when I did the pro-school thing long ago, our class of 8 was shown the line in a 15 passenger Dodge, set up to go fast. The instructor was a well known IMSA driver. Fun.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

That's OK, the instructor wasn't a "white van man"
    I've done similar in the Renault Espace on tracks.
    You can get folks worried about the speed in corner you can acheive-- but most of that is the height above the road given the feeling of speed and higher Gs. Just the brain getting conned

PS: it's not a dinosaur. It#'s very healthy, great entrants, great fans, great roads and now great TV coverage.
    They're even filming some of it in 3D this year
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-19-2010 at 06:25 AM.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Dinosaur was the wrong way to describe the TT... it is a throwback to how racing once was at all levels, though.

What I meant is it's the last of the truly great racing events, history and fabled places intact, not emasculated by modern sensibilities.
    The motorcycle equivalent of Lemans, WRC, Tour De France and World Cup all rolled into one.

A rare event in a league of it's own. On my bucket list.
    Never own more cars than you can keep charged batteries in...

Quote Originally Posted by csl177 View Post
    Wow, Matra... after providing that wonderful viddy of Peter Green, you HAD to go and post TTcrashes?!?

I always look forward to watching the TT as it's a dinosaur of a road race and the most amazing. Ditto any sidear action, but unfortunately when Speedvision became Speed coverage went away. Also a shame it's no longer part of the championship.

Re: whitevanman at the 'Ring, when I did the pro-school thing long ago, our class of 8 was shown the line in a 15 passenger Dodge, set up to go fast. The instructor was a well known IMSA driver. Fun.
    they do show it, albeit with a few week delay, on HD Theater. and then they show re-runs through the rest of the year.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5derAnFsQc0]YouTube - Geely LC Panda.flv[/ame]

Via Autoblog.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

I expect you're like to know about frogman then?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeNLMN_RqSI]YouTube - Frogman Tim Cotterill Rocket II 2 Trike Custom Fast[/ame]

Via Autoblog again. I've decided I rather like Blastolene.. they take ridiculous excess to sublime new levels in such a good way.

I think the only good thing about trikes are their looks. They are far less agile than bikes and nowhere as fast. They are like Harleys. Good looks, good sound, but not the best at anything. But i guess, the looks and the sound make that up
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

I'm pretty sure a trike with a 1000hp hemi is fast enough....

Also, this is the best as being an exquisitely engineered utterly ridiculous trike. It surpasses the usual trike shortcomings.

DeTomaso Pantera in Spa Francorchamps

DeTomaso Pantera in Spa Francorchamps, Classic Endurance Racing 2010

Video link

best regards frank
    www.motorsportvideo.tv

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAgFK5M2PRM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Horrible crash Brno || Lamborghini Gallardo LP 560-4 BURNS ||[/ame]

Driver is alive, broken ribs, broken leg, 40% of his body with 2nd-degree burns.

I don't know what to say.
    If I was him or any of those who actually saved his life, I'd be kicking those lazy incompetent asses for the entire next week.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

one word --- TRAINING

Forgot some of the basics. If the fire cannot be immediately put out then focus the available fire suppresant to protect and speed up extraction of the driver. Spraying suppressant from 20 feet back to a large scale flame is of little use with hand held extinguisher.
    Expect some serious re-training and selection

Did seem to be quite a bit of panicked undisciplined responses there. At least the driver survived mostly intact. Got to love the advances in safety equipment.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

End of an era for decent cars in TV series ....
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOsXttaaRok]YouTube - BBC Ashes To Ashes Clip - The Death Of The Quattro[/ame]

... and it was the DUTCH to blame

"Oi! I'm arresting you for mudering my car you dyke-digging toss pot!"

Shame

Even worse, it's the last series ( well that's the official line ) coz when it ends back in Hunts office there's a brochure for a Mercedes 190D on his desk and he thumbs through it to pick the replacement !!!! Would have been ANOTHER iconic car getting (ab)used
    ( Though an E with the Cosworth head woudl ahve been more in keeping I think )
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 05-28-2010 at 05:51 PM.

Thread Information