Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Race Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Even your mum's Stilo diesel on a proper road would be more enjoyable, in my opinion.

In a videogame, yes you can drive a Ferrari but you aren't experiencing it. I like car videogames, but I think all those simulators are a bit pointless and never a match for the real deal.
    point.

I like to drive the Stilo, it's an old fashion humble car, and yes, it's even overpowered for its chassis and set up.

every videogames is always far from the reality no matter how good it is.
    but when I'm in Modena, it's the only alternative to looking Maseratis passing by or downloading pics. So every now and then I put my hand on some of those and enjoy it, knowing there is no freaking possibility I will ever lap the 'Ring in 6:59 with a standard Zonda S 7.3 as in GT4.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Here are some updates as of yesterday:

Gaming Nexus - Race Pro title update now live! - by Adam Dodd
    A title update for Atari's racing sim, Race Pro is now available on XBox Live, what follows is the list of changes/big fixes included in the update:

MULTIPLAYER UPDATE

- Fixed bug causing the game to crash when 12 players have joined and left a multiplayer game
    - Disallow connections to host if they are not waiting for players.
    - Fixed the ”fast forward” / speed bug currently generating some unrealistic race times in leaderboards.
    - Fixed problem with lap times being reported to the wrong leaderboard when moving on to the next track in multiplayer.
    - Fixed problem of a player joining during session activation causing the client to get stuck in the loading screen.
    - Fixed issue when creating a session with downloaded car and inviting a player that doesn’t have the car
    - Fixed name of tracks on servers list when players do several sessions in a row
    - Fixed incorrect race length value seen in game list screen
    - Fixed transparent car that appears after un-pausing in multiplayer qualification
    - Fixed the incorrect message that appears when attempting to access multiplayer without a gamer profile signed–in and if selecting Multiplayer with an offline gamer profile
    - Set default host option of qualification to NO in multiplayer for players that have never hosted a game in Race Pro before
    - New messages: Display some session info in-game so players can recognize where in the game they are
    - New messages: Add a specific multiplayer loading tip showing 50% of loading time in player match only.

GENERAL UPDATE

- Fixed performance drop while driving over curb
    - Improved deformation of cars
    - Fixed hot seat start position problems
    - Removed dangerous driving dialogues when entering loading screen
    - Fixed crash when the player tries to enter the end pit driving backwards and wants to restart the race after the losing message
    - Fixed some localization bugs
    - Locked F3000 car #12 and unlocked the Corvette C5R since there is no contract for it in Career mode
    - Fixed validation for replay files to allow replay files saved between year 2000 and 2099
    - Fixed sound bug making Doppler effect of other cars sound corrupt in swing cam
    - Fixed force feedback detection for wheels and slightly improved strength of force
    - Adjusted the Seat Leon Extreme Tryout time
    - Fixed sound bug making the rev sounds on some cars not transition smoothly (including Mini Cooper and BMW M3 GTR)
    - Fixed sound bug with the force calculation of picking the correct collision sound
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

Simbin did the same thing with Race '07 and Evo....released them with all kinds of glitches then patched them later.

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Scuderia View Post
    Simbin did the same thing with Race '07 and Evo....released them with all kinds of glitches then patched them later.
    It is because once a release date has been confirmed they need to meet it or they lose money. It is easier to patch it later after feedback from the consumer than to have some in-house tester do it and even then, there will be bugs and glitches.
    "Consider all things - the events of your past and the possibilities for tommorow.
    Let nothing stop you from becoming the architect of your future." - Nicholas Hill

Thread Information