So I know I'm way late, but I finally got it a few weeks ago. Not a bad game. Definitely feels like a higher graphics version of the Baldur's Gate games.

I played through the first time as a human mage. I liked my character but sometimes it was annoying at how easily it would die. If I had one complaint its that overall the damage was too high both on attack and defense meaning that success and defeat were too close and often separated by who got in a single hit where. Would have been better if the HP totals were a little higher so fights were a little more controlled. The only fight that really lasted and was difficult but managed was the very last fight.

While it does have enemy level scaling, it's not bad like Oblivion was. I literally just plain quit Oblivion half way through when I realized that it literally didn't matter if I gained XP. Why do that?! If you're going to do that, just freaking get rid of levels and make it a FPS like halo. That's basically what it is when you do that. On this game, some mobs do increase as you increase but you still feel stronger as you level up and in some places you can overcome things that would be more difficult if you hadn't leveled up.