Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotus APX Concept 2006

Is the going to notice if Lotus unveils their new platform architecture underneath a lightweight, 2 seat, mid engined sports car concept?

No.

Does it show off how incredibly clever those chaps at lotus are if they use the same platform which forms the basis of their next lightweight, 2 seat, mid engined sports car, underneath an MPV?

Yes.

Does it generate a lot more media interest if Lotus do something completely unexplected?

Yes.

Have Lotus done sports saloons and hot hatches?

Yes.

Is a Sports SUV Crossover excruciatingly obvious and unneccessary?

Yes.
    Thanks for all the fish

I'm really positive about this, the new car that i spose is going to be the replacment for the espirit is most likely going to have the same sort of lightweight chassis as the Elise/Exige, and have a blown 3l V6, with 300hp, with smaller N/A version which could go into the Elise/Exige. What's not to get excited about? So they built a SUV aas a concept? Doesn't mean they're gonna build it

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen
    the replacment for the espirit is most likely going to have a blown 3l V6, with 300hp
    According to the Pistonheads artical on the Noble M15, the Exige could use a 450bhp version of the Mercedes AMG "55" V8 as used in the McMerc SLR...
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    According to the Pistonheads artical on the Noble M15, the Exige could use a 450bhp version of the Mercedes AMG "55" V8 as used in the McMerc SLR...
    I've also read somewhere (possibly EVO, can't remember ) that the new Esprit could be using the BMW M-Sport V10 from the M5/6. Don't know where these people get their rumours from to be honest, I think they just decide what engine they'd like to see in the Esprit and then write a story about it just for the hell of it!

My personal preference would be the BMW V10 as I just generally prefer NA engines, but I'm sure Lotus know best.
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Thread Information