Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mario kart wii

mario kart wii

anyone have it? i rented it the same time i rented gta 4 and i gotta say i like mario kart quite a bit more. i rented both games operating on the assumption that i would whichever one i liked more. to my surprise, mario kart won.

here's my take:
    its a lot of fun!

the controls are spot on, i dunno why but i really prefer using the motion control over using a joy stick or d-pad. of course you can set it up either way. but its a blast, my fiance and i played it quite a bit over the weekend. i also jumped online and had a good time with that. its an interesting game in that its pretty challenging but at the same time its pretty easy if that makes sense.

anyone else have a take?

also, if you have it, post your gamertag(or whatever they call it on wii).
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Better than GTA?

Yeah, it is a pretty good game. I do like the racing a lot, especially online.

Lots of fun to be had that way.

Haven't played GTA4 though.

On a sidenote, does anyone draw parallels between Speed Racer and Mario Kart?

The only difference is that Speed Racer is way more exaggerated. And that it'll fail miserably.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Well GTA4 is FREAKING AWESOME, so it'd be hard to beat
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

I bought Mario Kart Wii because i've always liked the mario kart series but this one has dissapointed me in a few aspects. First of all why does it hardly have any changeable settings. The character names and whether or not the people are driving with a wheel is not useful information. They couldn't simply put in a menu where i could turn that off? In general though the game is alot of fun, and playing with the wheel is more fun than i expected.

And i know what you mean rooster about it being hard and simple at the same time. There is alot of luck and skill involved which makes it a good party game for people who aren't expert mario kart players. Mario party has always been like that too.

when you say, hard but easy, i think if NFS Most Wanted... it took a week, but everyones beaten it...

I bought Mario Kart Wii on its release day in the US. I've been a fan of every single Mario Kart, and now I'm a fan of this one I play at least 1-2 hours with my wife every night, we have not beaten the whole game in Mirror mode yet because we play online a lot... Online is ridiculously fun.

Quote Originally Posted by deffenbaugh03 View Post
    I bought Mario Kart Wii because i've always liked the mario kart series but this one has dissapointed me in a few aspects. First of all why does it hardly have any changeable settings. The character names and whether or not the people are driving with a wheel is not useful information. They couldn't simply put in a menu where i could turn that off? In general though the game is alot of fun, and playing with the wheel is more fun than i expected.

And i know what you mean rooster about it being hard and simple at the same time. There is alot of luck and skill involved which makes it a good party game for people who aren't expert mario kart players. Mario party has always been like that too.
    Yeah, too much luck is involved now. Before, with a whole lot of maneuvering, you could shake off a red shell. Now it's impossible to shake that off, much less a spiked shell. And the bullet bill is rediculously overpowered. I went from 11th to 3rd. Online. Talk about unfair.

havent played it, but I still play mario kart 64...that is too much fun
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    havent played it, but I still play mario kart 64...that is too much fun

Hell yeah Mario Kart on N64 is sick.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    They should make an online adapter just for that game.
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

The_Canuck;803431]Better than GTA?

I dunno if its better than GTA, i just liked it more. i have played all three GTA's before this one and its all the same stuff, and i usually get sick of GTA's (which i did after playing the hell out of it for 3 days) but i didn't find myself getting sick of mario kart.

so i wont go and say that its a better game because GTA is an awsome game. but i will say that i liked it more than GTA and i decided to buy it over GTA.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by baddabang View Post
    Hell yeah, The only reason i even rented mario kart wii is because i liked mario kart 64 so much.

when my friend ryan got that game i spend so much freakin time over there (same thing with golden eye haha).

but the good news is that all the best tracks from the n64 mario kart are on wii too.

i freaking love mario kart wii, we had it preordered. the multiplayer is my favorite feature BY FAR! im extremely impressed. wii numbers:

wii: 7919 2780 4602 9558

mario kart: 0817 4141 3605

...and smash bros (just in case): 4983 4682 9182

message me if you add me!

Sorry to revive....

I was playing last night online and a player had the "star" on the whole time, her score was at around 9800. She was so bored with winning that she would stop to start hitting everyone with her star.

I saw this a few weeks ago with another player as well.

Glitch? Cheat?

People are glitching the living hell out of the time trials, that's a fact, running laps that are usually 2 minutes in just seconds, but has anybody seen the star incident? I tried searching for it and couldn't find anything. It pisses me off, and since these servers don't have an Admin, no one does anything about it. Nintendo needs to block this crap somehow, it's getting annoying.

Thread Information