Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drivers Republic GT2 v GTR around the Nurburgring

Drivers Republic GT2 v GTR around the Nurburgring

GT2 - 7:49
    GTR - 7:55.9

"so we left the Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy"

PORSCHE GT2
    “Given the times we set were both some-way off the manufacturers’ claims, how do we feel about those claims? Well, Walter’s time is 17-seconds faster than this, and having experienced the GT2 at full-afterburner, I have no doubt that the car will achieve that time. I could show you where I’ve lost five seconds on just a handful of sections.

NISSAN GTR
    “could the Nissan really go 7-seconds faster? I just don’t know…but I just don’t see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove. I felt that I came much closer to extracting the maximum performance of the Nissan on this single-flying-lap challenge than I did the Porsche.

FINAL
    “But be in no doubt, when we left the Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy. We did the times and the Porsche on.”

Driver's Republic - The Truth 030
    "As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

F*ck!
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Do you like cars at all?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    F*ck!
    lolz.

The conclusion of the article is that the GTR leaves the 'Ring with an "even stronger set of credentials."

If you have questions about the test, the Driver Republic people are willing to answer them right here.
    If you should see a man walking down a crowded street talking aloud to himself, don't run in the opposite direction, but run towards him, because he's a poet. You have nothing to fear from the poet - but the truth.

(Ted Joans)

Welcoem back mC
    I see the fanboyism hasn't responded to medical treatment

Selective quoting is never worth it when everyoen can rea the full article....

By their own admission they were only managing single flying laps. So if one car takes time for everything to warm up then it is disadvantaged. They know that.

"Coudl the NIssan go 27 seconds faster ? I just don't know"
    Note that it was spelt KNOW and not "NO"

"I'd call this honours even"

Ooops

"it [GT-R] emerges from this test with an even stronger set of credentials"

Are you PLEASE gonna stop being such a jerk-off on the negativity ?
    The article is interesting and sheds light, but the way you present it is more biased than Goebels at a Hitler rally !!!!!
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

do they even cost around the same?
    it was actually me who killed vasilli zaitsev, heinz thorwald, carlos hatchcock, and simo hayha

They explain the £70K difference on page 22
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

First time I read this online mag by the ex-Evo-er. Interesting experience with article and vids and whatnot...
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    Welcoem back mC
    I see the fanboyism hasn't responded to medical treatment

Selective quoting is never worth it when everyoen can rea the full article....

By their own admission they were only managing single flying laps. So if one car takes time for everything to warm up then it is disadvantaged. They know that.

"Coudl the NIssan go 27 seconds faster ? I just don't know"
    Note that it was spelt KNOW and not "NO"

"I'd call this honours even"

Ooops

"it [GT-R] emerges from this test with an even stronger set of credentials"

Are you PLEASE gonna stop being such a jerk-off on the negativity ?
    The article is interesting and sheds light, but the way you present it is more biased than Goebels at a Hitler rally !!!!!
    'I just don't know' usually means 'I don't think so'.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    If you read it, they say that the GT2 is faster around the ring in the hands of an experienced driver. They also say while the conditions favored the GTR, the GT2 was still faster. Stopped quicker, had less brake fade.

And their "I just don't know" means, contextually, "I doubt it"

"Could the Nissan really go 27-seconds faster? I just don't know... ...I just don't see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove. Ten, perhaps - fifteen with a set of those gummy Dunlops fitted, Suziki-sand driving using his sublime skills and telepathic knowledge of the car's handling traits."

And their "Stronger set of credentials" means even though it was slower, the car is something like half the price yet still being compared to the awesome GT2.

"In terms of pride, I'd call this honours even. I don't really care that the Nissan appears to night bequite as fast as the GT2. It is over (lb)70,000 less, has four seats and will change gear itself. If anything, when you study its performance here relative to a (lb) 131,000 sports car that benefits from the accumulated knowledge of a company that knows this place better than anyone else, it emerges from this test with an even stronger set of credentials"

but be in no doubt, when we left the 'Ring on the close of the second day, the GT2 was the daddy. We did the times and the Porsche won..

Any way you want to interpret it, the Porsche GT2 is faster than the GTR.

But that doesn't mean the GTR is a bad car! Its very good for its market segment.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by digitalcraft View Post
    'I just don't know' usually means 'I don't think so'.
    On what planet speaking which language ?

Not in English it doesn't ... it means what it says .... " do not know "

And their "I just don't know" means, contextually, "I doubt it"

"Could the Nissan really go 27-seconds faster? I just don't know... ...I just don't see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove.
    THat is TWO statements.

Trying to combine them to change the meaning of "EDT know" is worthy of GWB having the military intelligence "reword" the Iraq WMD reports

Any way you want to interpret it, the Porsche GT2 is faster than the GTR.
    and lets not forget THEIR interpretation that that is only on one day on one set of track circumstances

But that doesn't mean the GTR is a bad car! Its very good for its market segment.
    Which is the point we're all trying to drum into monaroCountry
    Last edited by Matra et Alpine; 11-21-2008 at 05:51 PM.

(lb)70,000
    Alt + 4 = £
    (on a Mac at least)
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

rumors about a Nissan-Porsche alliance are emerging from the net.
    MonaroCountry, back in the day, offered himself to both companies as a testimonial for their latest products, the LOL GT-R and the New Beetle GT2. since the two car makers didn't even know who MC was, they was going to refuse the offer, and eventually bring him at the back and shut it for the time wasted. but at that point, MC explained it's evil plan for creating the bigger ad-campaign of the year. Nissan was supposed to bring a car to the Ring for "testing". after a while they would promote an absolutely astonishing lap time, perhaps even a couple of seconds faster than that achieved by Porsche in another advertised and unofficial lap...and so on, you know the story.
    what you don't know is that Porsche involved MC in the take-over of VW. he was promised to obtain a certain amount of VW's stocks if in his underground ad-campaign it would have tried to discredit the Nissan, in a very subtle way that is. Eventually MC joined Porsche in this uber-evil plan with a little too emphasis, ruining all the farce and unveiling the truth. it's all false and we have been fool.
    but as a revenge, Porsche sent to MC the promised ammount of VW's stocks, but actually changed with GM's stocks just the day before GM's index dropped even more (you can choose whatever day you like, it's basically the same).

and that's all I have to say about that
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Maybe have the great Walter Rohl drive both cars?

Thread Information