Thread: Resident evil 5

Resident evil 5

who here (besides me) is getting it tommorrow?

if you havent played the demo yet, i reccommend it highly. the co-op play is awsome.

looks like they are going to release a versus mode for it too. it should be a great game!
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

I've played the demo for it too. Co-op is very fun, but the bosses are far too hard to beat. We haven't managed to kill any of the two yet

played the demo, thought it was shit. so much for survival horror co-op just detracts from it all.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

haha thats typical resident evil, always hard.

it took us a few tries but we managed to beat the chainsaw guy. you seem like a nice guy so ill do you a favor (which we learned through trial and error) here's the ticket buddy:
    -whoever is chris stands about 20 feet from the fence in the back with sniper rifle ready.
    -sheva goes up the steps, chainsaw guy attacks, sheva busts out the mp5 and runs towards chris and shoots the zombie guys coming up behind him.
    -chris shoots the shorting out electical transformer on top of the telephone pole, this knocks chainsaw guy down.
    -chris moves to back right and waits for chainsaw guy to walk by explosive barrel, and shoots it. (meanwhile, sheva is protecting chris)
    -move toward the back alley that goes to the right and shoot the last barrel when chainsaw guy walks by it.
    -go through back door in house at end of side alley
    -run toward the gate where chainsaw guy came through
    -shoot the electrical box, this will stun chainsaw guy again, sheva runs up and kicks him
    -sheva runs away and chris starts throwing grenades, sheva kicks him every time he's down
    -that should do it.

your welcome
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    haha thats typical resident evil, always hard.

it took us a few tries but we managed to beat the chainsaw guy. you seem like a nice guy so ill do you a favor (which we learned through trial and error) here's the ticket buddy:
    -whoever is chris stands about 20 feet from the fence in the back with sniper rifle ready.
    -sheva goes up the steps, chainsaw guy attacks, sheva busts out the mp5 and runs towards chris and shoots the zombie guys coming up behind him.
    -chris shoots the shorting out electical transformer on top of the telephone pole, this knocks chainsaw guy down.
    -chris moves to back right and waits for chainsaw guy to walk by explosive barrel, and shoots it. (meanwhile, sheva is protecting chris)
    -move toward the back alley that goes to the right and shoot the last barrel when chainsaw guy walks by it.
    -go through back door in house at end of side alley
    -run toward the gate where chainsaw guy came through
    -shoot the electrical box, this will stun chainsaw guy again, sheva runs up and kicks him
    -sheva runs away and chris starts throwing grenades, sheva kicks him every time he's down
    -that should do it.

your welcome
    lol, thx for the advice! I haven't noticed the fuse boxes before, but I'll try that out next time we play. Sometimes, we both concentrate on killing the chainsaw guy, and forget about the other zombies, so we get killed by the zombies... which is rather annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Roentgen View Post
    lol, thx for the advice! I haven't noticed the fuse boxes before, but I'll try that out next time we play. Sometimes, we both concentrate on killing the chainsaw guy, and forget about the other zombies, so we get killed by the zombies... which is rather annoying.
    yeah it took us a while to notice the transformer, my friend goes "dude, shoudl i shoot this sparking box at the top of the pole" (this is after we died 5 or 6 times) i was like " SPARKING BOX!!! WTF!!"

Sounds interesting. But I dunno, there are other games that I might want to get first. Metal Gear Solid 4 for one.

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    yeah it took us a while to notice the transformer, my friend goes "dude, shoudl i shoot this sparking box at the top of the pole" (this is after we died 5 or 6 times) i was like " SPARKING BOX!!! WTF!!"
    lol, is this near the vehicle pile? or near the wall at the end, opposite the gate where the chainsaw guy comes out of?

its the telephone pole right along the right corner of the building that makes the left wall of the path that leads up to the gate where the chainsaw guy comes out.

kind of across and a little ahead of that truck there on the right side of the main alley. here is a very crude map. the _ at the top is the gate. the * is the pole with the transformer on it.
    __
    | |
    | |
    __| |
    * |

I might, im not so sure yet.

Is it true there are no zombies in it any more?

no. they're zombies.

Co-op rocks.

Just shoot the explosive barrels - And use grenades and shotgun rounds to the face on the chainsaw guy.

I enjoy it - usually I hate extremely linear shooters, I thoroughly enjoy this game.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i'm going to borrow this, not gonna bother buying. visuals look great. gameplay looks dated.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Pitstopboss View Post
    Is it true there are no zombies in it any more?
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of calling it Resident Evil?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of calling it Resident Evil?
    one could even argue if those were really zombies
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Thread Information