Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stillen R35 GTR --- Be Impressed

Stillen R35 GTR --- Be Impressed

For those who want to know what is possible with a GTR, here is a link and a video on that link to muse about. Not very many V-6 engines are on this level. You be the judge.

Another company in Japan called, MINES, has also done something similar to that which has been accomplished by Stillen.

STILLEN R35 GT-R Rally Prepped Specifications & Video : STILLEN
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 09-02-2009 at 09:07 PM.

Still AWD?

Quote Originally Posted by G35COUPE View Post
    For those who want to know what is possible with a GTR, here is a link and a video on that link to muse about. Not very many V-6 engines are on this level. You be the judge.

Another companye called, MILES, has also done something similar to that which has been done by Stillen.

STILLEN R35 GT-R Rally Prepped Specifications & Video : STILLEN
    In november 2008 the German company Cobra showed this one, also with 620 BHP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    In november 2008 the German company Cobra showed this one, also with 620 BHP.

Very impressive! I had no idea the Germans would one day take the GTR seriously. The insults the GTR has received from german-car fans, cannot be mentioned on these blogs---really mind-boggling.

Not very many V-6 engines are on this level.
    I'm sure throwing a turbo or two onto your G35 could result in similar power figures and when the EcoBoost starts being made more the tuners will find a way to give that thing crazy power as well. With turboes, cranking up the boost really doesn't seem all that hard. I don't remember the stock GTR being praised for an exceptional torque curve so I will assume that it is laggy, and this would be moreso. If they made an engine developing 600hp smoothly from the current displacement I would be impressed.
    However many other aspects of the car are very impressive, but for nutso power out of a turboed six refer to a tuned R32-34 GT-R.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Very impressive! I had no idea the Germans would one day take the GTR seriously. The insults the GTR has received from german-car fans, cannot be mentioned on these blogs---really mind-boggling.
    Yeah. Definitely no GT-R trolling on this thread.
    620 hp from a V6? Very impressive. In relation to what LTSmash said; is it still AWD? If so, I would like to think that the power boost might not be all that impreesive as it is on paper, especially since most of the interior (and exterior) is stock.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    I'm sure throwing a turbo or two onto your G35 could result in similar power figures and when the EcoBoost starts being made more the tuners will find a way to give that thing crazy power as well. With turboes, cranking up the boost really doesn't seem all that hard. I don't remember the stock GTR being praised for an exceptional torque curve so I will assume that it is laggy, and this would be moreso. If they made an engine developing 600hp smoothly from the current displacement I would be impressed.
    However many other aspects of the car are very impressive, but for nutso power out of a turboed six refer to a tuned R32-34 GT-R.
    You are absolutely right! I would have to rebuild the engine of my G-35 to get that sort of power without breaking the engine. The numbers on the GTR is all on stock internals.

Another company in Japan called, MILES, has also done something similar to that which has been accomplished by Stillen.
    i think that company is MINES.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    I'd buy it. 620hp from a V6 is definetly something filled with awesome.
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

I'm sure throwing a turbo or two onto your G35 could result in similar power figures.
    There is a G35 in sydney owned and run by the father of a friend of mine - (pics attatched of when the UCP gathering for the summernats saw it sitting in the paddock) it runs 665hp daily with no issues. (twin turbo setup)

Cranking up the boost really doesn't seem all that hard.
    Which is why I <3 turbos.

I don't remember the stock GTR being praised for an exceptional torque curve so I will assume that it is laggy.
    Yes, the turbos take a time to wind up - but the torque is there and it does pull very hard before full boost. Its solid enough to keep up with a Z06 off boost. - Before anyone disputes this I have seen both cars same time down the main straight of Eastern Creek Raceway - and the vette never managed to get more than a car length on the GTR before it hit full boost.

[On boost lag] - and this would be moreso.
    It is potential yes, however the amount of time tuners spend on the dyno in australia trying to minimise lag and improve engine response I wouldn't be surprised for a top notch tuner like stillen to avoid any negative affects.

But for nutso power out of a turboed six refer to a tuned R32-34 GT-R.
    Give the R35 time - There are already big numbers being pulled - and I am sure with time the numbers will keep rising.

RE the actual GTR engine - Haltech australia have a [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewQ7tdO6iIA&feature=related"]YouTube - R35 GTR 367 KW[/ame] that sits at 492HP from just a chip and a few tweaks on a dyno.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by whiteballz; 09-02-2009 at 06:11 PM.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I'm surprised Nissan is even going to let this thing run a Targa -- watch the GPS disable the ECU once it finds out it's gonna race LOL!!

mirite!??
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

love the NISMO stripes on the skyline (must find...)
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I'm surprised Nissan is even going to let this thing run a Targa -- watch the GPS disable the ECU once it finds out it's gonna race LOL!!

mirite!??
    GPS is jap only IIRC. Certianly didn't stop the GTR going 220+ on australian public roads for Top Gear Australia.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

I don't remember the stock GTR being praised for an exceptional torque curve so I will assume that it is laggy, and this would be moreso.
    The stock car is often praised for its linear, nearly lag-free power delivery. It's a bit weak below 1800 rpm, but you'll never be in that zone when you're really on it.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i think that company is MINES.
    Thats right! "MINES".

On stock engine internals, the G-35 and 350z can safely handle between 380 and 400 RWHP, with either a turbo or supercharger. Most people keep it somewhere at 360 RWHP just as added precaution against detonation. After that, stuff begins to have issues and possibly break, if pushed hard. With a rebuilt engine, oh yes, 600 hp is very very possible. The VQ35DE engine is a very remarkable engine. It is not the fastest or most responsive engine out there, however, if i wanted an engine for an endurance race, this is the engine to seriously consider. You can keep this engine at 7,000 rpm all day long, like i mostly do on the days i drive it, and it remains the same, unscathed.
    Last edited by G35COUPE; 09-02-2009 at 09:24 PM.

Thread Information