Attached Images Attached Images

pic#2

pic#3

pic#4

Quote Originally Posted by 16-4Veyron
    i just started reading the thread, so after the first thing i decided to say that no1 really cars if these r muscle-cars or not.... it about the plastic jap-crap (no pun intended) pecies of $#!^... i don care if its an "urban street racer" or whatever u wanna call it, everything about this poser NOS game (i like to call that hole "urban, 2f2f" thing NOS for short . ). graphics suck... gameplay is gay... graphics suck.... and the graphics REALLY suck, did i mention THE GRAPHICS SUCK ASS!!!!!!!

you're an idiot, this game has some of the best graphics on any game ever made easy, not to mention this game is a nominee for best car game of the year, this game is said to give you the best sense of speed of any car game ever, and NOS is a company, not an abreviation, dipshit.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Quote Originally Posted by 16-4Veyron
    i just started reading the thread, so after the first thing i decided to say that no1 really cars if these r muscle-cars or not.... it about the plastic jap-crap (no pun intended) pecies of $#!^... i don care if its an "urban street racer" or whatever u wanna call it, everything about this poser NOS game (i like to call that hole "urban, 2f2f" thing NOS for short . ). graphics suck... gameplay is gay... graphics suck.... and the graphics REALLY suck, did i mention THE GRAPHICS SUCK ASS!!!!!!!
    oh my god! YOU ARE AN IDIOT!! i'm some '1' who 'cars' about this game you must have not been whereing your glasses while looking at the screen shots and if you don't have glasses GET SOME!! and also.... what pun? jap-crap is not a pun it's just 2 ryming words that don't belong together in the automobile world. and it's NFS not NOS.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Yeah but its like one ofmy saying what ever floats your boat. The man is entiteld to his opinions and im tending to side with him. And while these performance jap cars have their places the fart piped, ground effects and blow off valves this game shows dont really have anything to do with performance.
    And should i mention despite its good gameplay it still doesnt hold a candel to even driving your car around you own back yard!. Its impossible to capture even normal driving let alone real full on racing in a computer sim.

I finally got it. I don't think I've ever yelled at a game this much in my life! It's still good, repetitive though, and hard.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Egg Nog's Review of Need For Speed: Underground

Well, I finally got around to [pirating and] playing the full version of this game, and I must say, I'm pretty disappointed. I picked an MX-5 because it was the only RWD car I could choose at first, and was happily keeping it completely stock-looking. Then, suddenly, I had to start doing "reputation" mods (aka overdone bodykits) just so I could keep entering all the competitions that all the "urban" wigger characters would challenge. I eventually traded the MX-5 in for an RX-7, but it soon suffered the same fate. My car, eventually, was forced into being completely riced out, with tacky 19" rims, a massive spoiler, and that hideous "underglow" stuff to boot...

This game has some of the worst physics I've ever seen, which seem to be designed to make the game easier. I found myself keeping extreme grip rounding tight corners at 290km/h And drifting with a stock FWD car? Yeah right... at least they should've made drift mode RWD only. I can see why they tone down the physics for some games, but this was just heinous.

Personally, I found the game to be pretty easy. I played every drift and drag track on "hard" mode and only ever picked "medium" for some of the tedious 6&7 lap races.

Anyway, if your tastes are anything like mine are, don't buy this game. I'm glad I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DwZX35
    NOS is a company, not an abreviation, dipshit.
    Wow, that was a pretty nice thing to say.

Actually it's an acronym and not a company, but rather a sub-company. And in general automotive terms, the acronym should stand for "New Old Stock" rather than a name-brand of nitrous oxide setups.

Just for the record, NOS is actually a Trademark owned by Holley performance, and it's the name that they brand on their nitrous systems.

In short, it's a sub-company and and an abbreviation. "Nitrous Oxide Systems"

After the Rice and the Rediculous came out, NOS, a fairly popular automotive acronym, was replaced with an entirely new, immature use. Most people don't even understand the principles behind nitrous oxide, let alone know the dangers and myths surrounding it.

Anyway, what did it stand for before? Here's the archaic definition, straight from the Babylon Dictionary of Automotive terms:

NOS: Acronym for "new old stock." These are parts that originally were available from the manufacturer of an automobile. They have never been used, thus they are "new." But they also may have been on the shelf for decades, thus are "old."

i got the game for christmas, and i love it. people can whinge all they want about the physics engine but the fact is, NFS have always made arcade games and it seems they always will. if you want something realistic, hold out for gran turismo 4 or something, theyre gunna put a physics engine on the scenery similar to what they put on the cars!!

God, this is the 7th NFS out and if you havent figured out they dont try and make it realistic yet then your wasting your money buying their games. 7 games and everytime theyve been able to come out on top again with a different style. come on, start giving them credit would ya
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    I found myself keeping extreme grip rounding tight corners at 290km/h And drifting with a stock FWD car? Yeah right... at least they should've made drift mode RWD only. I can see why they tone down the physics for some games, but this was just heinous.
    i havta say that some of the stuff thts been sed here is doing less than justice to underground, but i fully agree wit wat egg nog sed. drifting wit a stok fwd is not normal.....
    but then again, this game is for those ppl who converted to car worship after waching fast & furious n 2f2f...so for them, its all abt fancy paint jobs, wierd stikers, crapy shit like neons and loud noises....jus wat they saw on the movie. so as far as that goes, nfs isnt a bad game at all....
    wat the hell do i put as a siggy?!?!?!

I like it. It's fun. NFS hasn't ever been about realism, and if they changed it now, they'd be "trying to be like Gran Turismo." As for the part about having to upgrade your car's looks. That's annoying. I had to buy a carbon fiber hood and neons to enter the one race. But I took them off after that.

On a side note, anyone know an official-that-will-get-bumped-back-another-3-months release date for Gran Turismo 4? I'm buying a PS2 online adapter just for that game...
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

ive heard late february
    I am the Stig

I bet anyone who enjoy driving real cars will hate the physics in this game.

it's so ****ing retarded.

i dont' complain rice, i don't complain about just having import. i don't complain about the shiny but dizzing eye candy effects.

but the Physics just totally sucked....typical Ricer's game.
    You could image all those kids playing online....

WTF they turn the classy NFS to a cheap american appeal game.

Thread Information