Thread: super mercedes

super mercedes

any one seen this before?????

The P8's engine is believed to be a new 6.3-litre naturally aspirated V8 that will also be used in future AMG models, expected to deliver about 400kW. A 530kW-plus twin-turbocharged version is also in the pipeline. The top speed of the P8 is believed to be more than 320kmh.

The P8 is expected to cost more than the Ferrari 360 and Lamborghini Gallardo with which it will compete, meaning something in the order of $450,000 seems likely.

As well as generous equipment levels, the Benz/McLaren supercar has many safety features, starting with front, side and curtain airbags. Benz's Pre-Safe system, which "prepares" the car for a crash while helping avoid it in the first place, will be included.

The rear-wheel-drive supercar is planned to be built alongside the gullwing-doored SLR at the McLaren Technology Centre in England from late 2007. However, the car is still awaiting approval from Mercedes and McLaren board members.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Its wonderful, and well, the styling is just a rip off of the enzo's, which makes me mad. I like it, but, I can't say I love it. It seems like a mercedes enzo with viper performance with an estimated 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds. If it went faster and kept the price, damn, It looks like it could destroy an Enzo.
    Puff Daddy says his Ferrari 360 Spider can go 220 because the speedo says so
    *coughretardcough*

Quote Originally Posted by DwZX35
    Its wonderful, and well, the styling is just a rip off of the enzo's, which makes me mad. I like it, but, I can't say I love it. It seems like a mercedes enzo with viper performance with an estimated 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds. If it went faster and kept the price, damn, It looks like it could destroy an Enzo.
    This car looks absolutely nothing like the Enzo...

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog
    This car looks absolutely nothing like the Enzo...
    The front looks 'inspired' by the Enzo, those 2 vents and the pointy nose, and the lights a bit aswell
    Dreaming of a Peugeot 106 Rallye...

Quote Originally Posted by Scientist
    The front looks 'inspired' by the Enzo, those 2 vents and the pointy nose, and the lights a bit aswell

i wouldnt call that Enzo inspired, more like F1 inspired
    I am the Stig

Performance-wise it sounds great, but like most other high performance Mercs now, it's got a bit of F1 car glued on the front. They did it with the SLR, they did it to the new SLK, and now they're gonna do it to this. Which looks like a squashed MPV. And they give it a name which makes it sound like a continuation of the classic Rover line. Oh dear.

Oooh, I love Merc-bashing
    Cheers,
    -Ads

"We used to come down, doing about 180mph. We take off over the bridge and change down to 4th gear in the air. Go through the righthander with the car drifting, and let it swing out through the lefthander and then slide out to the wall, where we simply stopped it with a flick of the wrists"
    -Vic Elford, on Maison Blanche in a Porsche 917

UCP's Most Hardcore Armchair BTCC Fan & Anthony Reid Supporter

That merc looks a bit- crappy, a bit odd. Sorry. Performance seems ok, but doesn't it look or at least remind anyone of Bugatti veyron EB?

I forgot to mention... judging by this concept sketch, I think it's hideous. Let's hope it gets better

Thread Information