Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Automotive idiot stories...

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clivey View Post
    I lol'ed even though I've never seen the film!
    I speak the truth!!!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    iirc aircon is good for 3-4%, but at full speed and power, good luck with that
    SHHHHH, claiming 10% means I can lay claim to a potential class win

All windows down is even worst btw, depending on speed of course.
    Don't worry, I did that too on a later run when I was opening windows/doors to try to keep cool
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

What about windows and aircon?

Then you could've claimed overall win!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    comment at 1'20" sums it up
    Now that was a proper Scottish voice.

That accent seems to be less prevalent these days - only old timers like you have it that thick.

On the extreme side of things, there's my Granddad who none of my friends understand.

How did you fare against that Evo? assuming he's as good a driver as you it would be a little bit his way wouldnt it?
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

^^^ Well the EVOs are on full race rubber ... I was on Street Vredestein tyres ( had prayed for rain but He wasn't listening )
    They were also all running hillclimb diff ratios. If you check the vids at [ame="http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9DC07C2183C80E74"]http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9DC07C2183C80E74[/ame] you'll hear me struggling with the first to second gear gap. The BEEP you hear often and extended is the engine warning the rev limiter is coming on Hit the limiter often too, but it's not as dramatic as on a piston engine.

So after all this would I have fared well ?
    probably not, you can't beat 4WD on tight twisty hills like that

Once I get sticky rubber we'll see
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    Now that was a proper Scottish voice.

That accent seems to be less prevalent these days.
    We all have it here ... in fact I'm considered quite "sophisticated"
    I drink from wine bottles with corks and nae screwtaps !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine View Post
    We all have it here ... in fact I'm considered quite "sophisticated"
    I drink from wine bottles with corks and nae screwtaps !!!
    Wow, all you need to do is start drinking wine from glasses and not straight from the bottle!

On a tangent, most wine here is with screwcaps now. Our wine industry has pretty much entirely switched over, except for the really expensive stuff. I've even seen a few sparklers with crown (beer type) tops! Makes sense, but does ruin any sense of occasion from opening them.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

An acquaintance of mine owned an Audi TT 3.2 quattro a while back. On one fast driving occasion, he proceeded to lose it on a bend and put it through a fence. That doesn't sound so bad, except that a rather sturdy fence post proceeded to go strait through his grill, up through part of the engine, and into the passenger seat. Thankfully, however, there was nobody sitting there.

One of my friends also told me that he new a guy who took his buisness partner for a spin in his car (unfortunately, I can't remember what the car was). He also had a similar experience. However, the post that went through his car skewered his partner through the chest. Amazingly, he survived.
    I am the most humble person in the world and no one is going to tell me otherwise.

at the weekends sprint up in Golspie, Scotland one pillock blew the bike engine in his single seater ( ok, we've all doen that at some time in an event ) and THEN ignored the red flags, drove round the WHOLE TRACK and left 6litres of oil liberally spread everywhere.
    WORSE, once towed back to paddock, he loaded his car on trailer and drove away.
    We spent 2 horus trying to clean it up before giving up and suspending the days times and got a sweeper truck in overnight and detergents. It STILL took an hour in the morning with cement to get the track near safe.
    the PILLOCK turned up and asked if he could run his BMW M5 as his entry.
    He nearly had his head in his hands to play with from the marshals and the drivers who'd been brushing.
    SOme people are so selfish. I think secretly we were all wishing he'd crash his M% so when he ASKED for help we coudl tell him where to go
    Sadly didn't happen .... BUT the commentator pointed him out on the radio wherever he went in the paddock. I HOPE he got the hint for next time.
    Didn't have the balls to go and apologise, which I've seen drivers do often if they've made a mistake and it affected others.
    So the guy's taken #1 position on my list of AUTO IDIOTS

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    try gently first, after a while you may be able to master the trick.
    I may never have never pronounced Lamborghini properly, I have been told by a friend that in the Italian language all "g" 's are silent, so as he pronounced it, it was like Lam-bor-hee-nee, he might be right, but I gave him that WTF look anyways.
    Last edited by Sledgehammer; 10-24-2010 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Spam
    [url=http://moviesonlinefree.biz/]watch movies online[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by davidwilsoon View Post
    I may never have never pronounced Lamborghini properly, I have been told by a friend that in the Italian language all "g" 's are silent, so as he pronounced it, it was like Lam-bor-hee-nee, he might be right, but I gave him that WTF look anyways.

I saw a rolling FAIL yesterday. It was a Golf MK3 with about 12 (I'm not joking) VR6, GTI and G60 badges spreaded all over the car which was painted in (yuck) neon pink. My eyes were bleeding, but above that, it was a Diesel with a broken sports exhaust which sounded terrible...
    East Germany isn't as bad as everybody thinks, but most people here certainly don't know a sh** about decent tuning.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    He's wrong

I saw a rolling FAIL yesterday. It was a Golf MK3 with about 12 (I'm not joking) VR6, GTI and G60 badges spreaded all over the car which was painted in (yuck) neon pink. My eyes were bleeding, but above that, it was a Diesel with a broken sports exhaust which sounded terrible...
    East Germany isn't as bad as everybody thinks, but most people here certainly don't know a sh** about decent tuning.
    You should see some of the Accords and Civics here.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    You should see some of the Accords and Civics here.
    This gives me an evil idea
    How about this: everybody who wants to do this could take photos of some badly-tuned cars in their area and then upload them here. I guess that would be fun .
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

UK has this among a few others already
    Barryboys.co.uk

Thread Information