Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bugatti EB 16/4 Veyron

Guest Guest
    or his ME-4-12

Quote Originally Posted by SL500
    Yes,but i think powered by Mercedes
    Remember 95 Lotec C1000 with 850 bhp and top speed:252 mph.
    PRICE:$2,200,000!!!!!!!
    Engine type:Twin-Turbo Mercedes V8
    It was a onne off car that a United Arab Emirates citizen created because wanted the fastest car int the world
    The C1000 is faster than the Sirius

BTW I think the Eb110SS is better looking than the Veyron
    Last edited by 092326001; 10-12-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Anyone know what the power to weight ratio on the Bugatti is?

Quote Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
    Anyone know what the power to weight ratio on the Bugatti is?
    Idk, find the weight and divide by the horsepower.

well here's the new BUGATTI VEYRON ON THE COVER OF CAR AND DRIVER AND IF YOU GET CAR AND DRIVER READ THE ATRICAL ABOUT IT
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry about putting this here in such an old thread, didnt know where else to put it. None-the-less, here we are. Just read the Autocar magazine article on the Veyron, a real eye opener...

Quote Originally Posted by Autocar
    So picture this. A long, long stretch of dual carriageway, two cars simmering beside each other at one end of it; a McLaren F1 plus a weird, insect-like machine with four huge tyres, an absurd number of scoops and winglets along the flanks and across the roof, plus a distinctive white-and-red badge on the nose that reads ‘Bugatti.’

On the tail are written the letters E and B. On top of the engine, which has no cover and is exposed directly to the air for cooling purposes, are the numbers 16 and four; 16 cylinders, four turbochargers. Which, in case you were wondering, equates to 987bhp and 922lb ft.

Out of nowhere the McLaren’s rear tyres suddenly light up and, after an eruption of V12 engine wail and wheelspin, it is gone, accelerating towards the far horizon. After 3.2sec it hits 60mph, after 6.3sec it reaches 100mph and after 10sec it passes 135mph. At which point the Bugatti sets off.

There is virtually no wheelspin whatsoever: the Veyron is four-wheel drive. What there is is noise – a peculiar kind of signature that sounds a bit like two TVR Griffiths on full reheat plus an industrial-strength air hose, all at once. And to accompany this cacophony there is mind-bending, heart-stopping acceleration the like of which has never been felt before in a road car.

After just 2.46sec the Veyron reaches 60mph, and barely a couple of seconds after that it bursts into three figures. But the thing you’ll really struggle to get your head round, the statistic you’ll be boring your mates with for some years to come, is this; despite setting off 10 seconds after the McLaren – when the F1 is already travelling at 130mph – the Bugatti reaches 200mph at exactly the same time as the F1. Think about that. I have. And I still can’t quite fathom how rapid the Veyron must be to pull it off.

For all the people who scream and shout about the McLaren still being king, sadly not the case my friend. From the sounds of it, the Veyron isnt just a nose ahead in terms of speed, it will outpace the McLaren day in day out. As goes for handling....

Quote Originally Posted by Autocar
    Move away and immediately you notice how smoothly weighted the steering is, how easy the accelerator is to modulate, how unbelievably fast and slick the gearbox is as it moves seamlessly up and down the ratios, and how calm the ride is; also how good the visibility is out of the back, and how bad it is out of the front.

Out onto the road and, let’s face it, everything else you do in this car is merely part of the process of waiting to see what happens, what it feels and sounds like when, finally, you weld the accelerator to the floor. During that wait I realized Bscher wasn’t exaggerating when he claimed the Veyron is as easy to drive as a Bentley.

It’s so soothing, so calm and so quiet I begin to wonder whether it really can do what they say it can do: namely, eat McLarens for breakfast. So as the road begins to open out I press the button marked ‘handling’ and the ride height drops a few millimetres and a huge wing appears out of the tail. A slightly deeper squeeze on the throttle in fourth gear and although there’s at least another half of the total travel to go there’s also a monumental whoosh from behind as, metaphorically, the Veyron reveals its fangs. Which, just for half a second or so, appear to be dripping with raw flesh and blood.

Later in the day I found a great road up in the hills and realised that, despite weighing nearly 1900kg and having more power than any modern F1 car, the Veyron isn’t the liability you’d expect it to be on twisty roads. This car handles; really handles. And boy does it stop and steer incisively as well. If you really start to lean on it there’s a whiff of understeer engineered into the chassis to prevent the tail from taking over; eye-watering body control, too, which is astounding considering how much mass there is to keep in check. What’s most impressive, however, is the pure composure it has, even over difficult surfaces.

Im seriously amazed by this car. Ive prob said this before, but during the build up to this car I reckonned it wouldnt be that spectacular, it would be just alright. But my word Bugatti have pulled off something awesomely impressive. If only I could see one in the flesh.....

Thanks to Autocar.com for the article, very good read if you want. They complain at the end of the Veyron being too clinical, but in a car of this calibre, if there was a lack of anything, it would have defeated the purpose.
    Last edited by RazaBlade; 10-25-2005 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazaBlade
    For all the people who scream and shout about the McLaren still being king, sadly not the case my friend.
    Only if you judge the cars only on speed alone, even then it isn't impressive.

12 years and nearly 400bhp more to achieve "slightly" faster than the F1.

Pretty poor.

Then when you consider the compromise of the Veyron - a design inherantly "wrong" from day one. Why else would it take 5 years of fine tuning to reach a car suitable for release to the public. Overheating, inherant instability, public crashes...

Then when you remember that the McLaren in comprised almost entirely of components created especially for the car, rather than being a VAG parts bin, you must surely realise that the McLaren has a purity of purpose and honesty that I don't believe will ever be replicated in a road going car.
    Thanks for all the fish

they made the fundamental mistake of all the eighties hypercars that never saw the light of day.

they released the specs of the car before it was even in the prototype stage and have had an uphill struggle since.

i still think that it was ferdinand piech having a joke before he left and the engineers took him seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks

Pretty poor.

Then when you consider the compromise of the Veyron - a design inherantly "wrong" from day one. Why else would it take 5 years of fine tuning to reach a car suitable for release to the public. Overheating, inherant instability, public crashes...

Then when you remember that the McLaren in comprised almost entirely of components created especially for the car, rather than being a VAG parts bin, you must surely realise that the McLaren has a purity of purpose and honesty that I don't believe will ever be replicated in a road going car.
    I like the Veyron. Not because of its pure simplicity but because it's a Supercar representing the now, a technological tour de force. When Mitsu EVOs can run with 911s, AWD is a must for any roadgoing machine with this much power. Unlike the lithe F1 that is a purer sportscar the Veyron (at 4300 lbs) is a rhino that can run with the gazelle. Not so much a sportscar but a ultracapable GT.

As for the 5 year delay. Better Bugatti/VAG work out the 'bugs', rather than having a recall based development. Where the first few years the buyers do the testing.
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

But thats the point! Its not slightly faster!!! It goes from 0-200 in the same time it take the McLaren to do 130-200!!! That is a huge difference! IMO it took 5 years of fine tuning because the package being delivered had to be a premium one. You must have read all the technology packed into this car, to make it as useable as possible, the movable front wing to release build up of pressure springs to mind. Im not saying the McLaren is a bad car, far from it. It just took an even better machine in every way to topple it, and IMO thats the Veyron.

Pretty poor.
    It actually is. Its simple physics, the Bugatti has to have that much power to go that fast. If it had say 600bhp, it obviously wouldn't go 253mph(403kmh), more like 200 tops, it needs that extra 400bhp to overcome the building air resistance, the weight of the car, friction, just so many things that are so small at normal speeds we don't notice them, but can be devastating if underestimated at the speeds the Bugatti is capable of. The Mclaren F1 is purposebuilt for speed, but so is the Bugatti Veyron, just with higher interior standards. I'd love to see a stripped down Bugatti Veyron race car, no nonsense and no comforts, just bare carbon fibre in the cockpit. Imagine how fast the car would be then!

ps no one happens to know wether or not the guys on Top Gear will get it soon, do they?
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

they should put that W16 in the Enzo

After finding this site it's been growing on me, well the rear anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Before Posting Please Watch This Short Video... URL=http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Quote Originally Posted by "Clevor" Angel
    It actually is. Its simple physics, the Bugatti has to have that much power to go that fast. If it had say 600bhp, it obviously wouldn't go 253mph(403kmh), more like 200 tops, it needs that extra 400bhp to overcome the building air resistance, the weight of the car, friction,
    It is quite easy to work out how much power you "need" to achieve 250mph

D = ½ρAv²Cd
    = (assuming the veyron has a Cd of 0.32, that of the F1) 5106N

R= KrG

= 496N

= Tractive force of 5602N @ 403km/h

Power = force x velocity (403km/h = 112m/s)
    = 5602 x 112
    = 627KW
    = 852PS

The Veyron has 1001PS...

The McLaren F1 needs only 731PS to achieve the same speed, 270PS less than the Veyron. Oh, and a taller 6th gear.

The "reason" that it needs so much power seems to be due to the large frontal area, which stems from the fact that the car was developed from a fanciful styling exersice, rather than a suitable engineering package.
    And the fact that it weighs over 2 tonnes with anything but the skinniest of drivers.

How does it weigh over two tonnes by the way?
    It isn't significantly bigger than the Koenigsegg/Zonda/Enzo/CGT et al...

Even the awd Murcielago is 150kg lighter...

Superembarrasment, not a supercar.
    Thanks for all the fish

It is quite easy to work out how much power you "need" to achieve 250mph

D = ˝ρAv˛Cd
    = (assuming the veyron has a Cd of 0.32, that of the F1) 5106N

R= KrG

= 496N

= Tractive force of 5602N @ 403km/h

Power = force x velocity (403km/h = 112m/s)
    = 5602 x 112
    = 627KW
    = 852PS

The Veyron has 1001PS...

The McLaren F1 needs only 731PS to achieve the same speed, 270PS less than the Veyron. Oh, and a taller 6th gear.

The "reason" that it needs so much power seems to be due to the large frontal area, which stems from the fact that the car was developed from a fanciful styling exersice, rather than a suitable engineering package.
    And the fact that it weighs over 2 tonnes with anything but the skinniest of drivers.

How does it weigh over two tonnes by the way?
    It isn't significantly bigger than the Koenigsegg/Zonda/Enzo/CGT et al...

Even the awd Murcielago is 150kg lighter...

Superembarrasment, not a supercar.

the mclaren can't go 250 though "only" 240 so getting that last 10mph would probably require the value of 852 that you calculate

i agree that the f1 is by far the better car as it almost wieghs half (!) as much

i reckon they must inlcude the wight of the drivers wallet in the glovebox when quoting the cars overall weight

Thread Information