Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: The Difference between Canada and the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    I think you should change your username, Mr. "Clevor," while you do some research... Bush lost the popular vote ONCE (in the 2000 election); he won the popular vote in 2004.

Jobs were lost due to the recession Bush inherited and because of the 9/11 terrorist attacks. In the last two years (except in Sept.), hundreds of thousands of jobs have been added.

And, I'll say it again... Clinton was the most corrupt President in the history of the United States...
    Question was 100,000+ jobs created because of The troops going overseas?

Or like my Crappy Gov does make you got off the well fare but work for it and make it look like your off the Welfare when your really not
    I have been there before we call it work for the doll and Your not on the unemployment list anymore, But the Gov stills pays you like you are Bush a fan of this system?
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    seriously ? by who ??
    Price fixing between suppliers would be illegal surely as it is anti-free-market !!!
    Depends on what the government is prepared to overlook. All of our petrol stations fluctuate their prices daily and they all tend to change at the same time. I have worked in an industry where the managers from 5 companies got together once a month and discussed all sorts of things including pricing.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    Depends on what the government is prepared to overlook. All of our petrol stations fluctuate their prices daily and they all tend to change at the same time. I have worked in an industry where the managers from 5 companies got together once a month and discussed all sorts of things including pricing.
    wow, cartel pricing is illegal over here. Of course that doesn't prove that it doesn't happen
    Your petrol price is a good example. Seemingly to colllude ahead of time to alter prices is illegal but to change prices on the day to "match competitor" isn't. So kind of the first one to sell for a penny less triggers some others to follow. Likewise soem will test miving penny up and see how it affects neigbours. If they all go up then THAT's the new "fair market price". That's "OK" seemingly and legally and is only fair business practice but DAMN it hurts
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I can almost see the Buggers at the Petrol stations run to there signs when they herd of a oil price jump and shortage they ran to change there $1.10 Per litres to $1.45 Per litre

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Question was 100,000+ jobs created because of The troops going overseas?

Or like my Crappy Gov does make you got off the well fare but work for it and make it look like your off the Welfare when your really not
    I have been there before we call it work for the doll and Your not on the unemployment list anymore, But the Gov stills pays you like you are Bush a fan of this system?
    I've not heard of 100,000+ jobs being created because of the troops going overseas. On what do you base that?

Anyway, I was correctly "Clevor" Angel's wildly inaccurate post regarding Kerry getting more popular votes than Bush.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

I've not heard of 100,000+ jobs being created because of the troops going overseas. On what do you base that?

Anyway, I was correctly "Clevor" Angel's wildly inaccurate post regarding Kerry getting more popular votes than Bush.
    Someone has got to step in to there jobs right? Most of the troops live a normal life as we do, Just they get to shot bad guys some days.
    More people move into the Army numbers get tighter people work overseas rebuilding invaded country's numbers get short at home so they hire new people. Unemployed numbers start to drop etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Someone has got to step in to there jobs right? Most of the troops live a normal life as we do, Just they get to shot bad guys some days.
    More people move into the Army numbers get tighter people work overseas rebuilding invaded country's numbers get short at home so they hire new people. Unemployed numbers start to drop etc.
    But there has not been any big increase in military personnel.

One reason there have been hundreds of thousands of jobs added during the last two years (actually, well over 1.5 million) is because the tax cuts helped the economy which means companies hire more people to keep up with growing business.

Fleet I am still wondering if you are all turning us on. Posing as the extreme right wing (neo) conservative single minded american who has never seen anything outside of his country. You are doing it to such a perfection that I am almost totally convinced now that you are fake and just on the forum to make fun of us believing that you are what you pretend to be. I think in reality you are a well versed liberal, so well informed about right wing practices that you can present them here as the gospel truth. Fleet I Salute you, well done.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Fleet I am still wondering if you are all turning us on. Posing as the extreme right wing (neo) conservative single minded american who has never seen anything outside of his country. You are doing it to such a perfection that I am almost totally convinced now that you are fake and just on the forum to make fun of us believing that you are what you pretend to be. I think in reality you are a well versed liberal, so well informed about right wing practices that you can present them here as the gospel truth. Fleet I Salute you, well done.
    Maybe he's a machine,or a computer like Deep Blue or something?
    Write five of your favourite cars in your signature.
    1. Ascari KZ1 2. Maybach Exelero 3. Pininfarina Birdcage
    4. Aston Martin DB9 5. BMW M6
    My ride: '97 Kia Sportage

Canada is alot nicer than USA

In what ways?
    (Not meaning to argue just wondering.)
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin
    OBSESSED is a word the lazy use to describe the DEDICATED!

From my experience up there, its colder, rainier, and the people are uglier . But they have good lobster rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    Believe me... I'm not a liberal. In order to be one, I would have to remove about 80% of my brain.

What have I been "extreme right wing neo conservative" about?
    Because I support Bush in the war? Well, so does Joe Leiberman, who is certainly not the an extreme right winger!

Believe me... I'm not a liberal. In order to be one, I would have to remove about 80% of my brain.
    The minium entity in teh workign brain is the neuron/

20% of ONE NEURON isnt' a brain.

boom-boom

What have I been "extreme right wing neo conservative" about?
    Because I support Bush in the war? Well, so does Joe Leiberman, who is certainly not the an extreme right winger!
    You post neo-con maniuplated "facts" and defend the tactics.
    YES, you point out the things you dont' liek about GWB. Goo read them over, the thigns you DO NOT LIKE is when he isnt' right-wing enough,

The evidence is pretty much out there Fleet
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Take into account the demand for weapons and ammunition and the support of the troops. Im not sure about a figure but it would be high. One of these bases alone house 17,000 soldiers.

This is an article I found after watching a documentary on KBR in Iraq.

The omnipresence of the giant defense contractor KBR (formerly Kellogg, Brown & Root), the shipments of concrete and other construction materials, and the transformation of decrepit Iraqi military bases into fortified American enclaves--complete with Pizza Huts and DVD stores--are just the most obvious signs that the United States has been digging in for the long haul. It's a far cry from administration assurances after the invasion that the troops could start withdrawing from Iraq as early as the fall of 2003. And it is hardly consistent with a prediction by Richard Perle, the former chairman of the Defense Policy Board, that the troops would be out of Iraq within months, or with Iraqi National Congress leader Ahmed Chalabi's guess that the U.S. occupation would last two years. Take, for example, Camp Victory North, a sprawling base near Baghdad International Airport, which the U.S. military seized just before the ouster of Saddam Hussein in April 2003. Over the past year, KBR contractors have built a small American city where about 14,000 troops are living, many hunkered down inside sturdy, wooden, air-conditioned bungalows called SEA (for Southeast Asia) huts, replicas of those used by troops in Vietnam. There's a Burger King, a gym, the country's biggest PX--and, of course, a separate compound for KBR workers, who handle both construction and logistical support. Although Camp Victory North remains a work in progress today, when complete, the complex will be twice the size of Camp Bondsteel in Kosovo--currently one of the largest overseas posts built since the Vietnam War.
    Over the past year, the Pentagon has reportedly been building up to 14 "enduring" bases across the country-long-term encampments that could house as many as 100,000 troops indefinitely. John Pike, a military analyst who runs the research group GlobalSecurity.org, has identified a dozen of these bases, including three large facilities in and around Baghdad: the Green Zone, Camp Victory North, and Camp al-Rasheed, the site of Iraq's former military airport. Also listed are Camp Cook, just north of Baghdad, a former Republican Guard "military city" that has been converted into a giant U.S. camp; Balad Airbase, north of Baghdad; Camp Anaconda, a 15-square-mile facility near Balad that housed 17,000 soldiers as of May 2004 and was being expanded for an additional 3,000; and Camp Marez, next to Mosul Airport.
    At these bases, KBR, a Halliburton subsidiary ( ah theres that name again) that works in cooperation with the Army Corps of Engineers, has been extending runways, improving security perimeters, and installing a variety of structures ranging from rigid-wall huts to aircraft hangars. Although the Pentagon considers most of the construction to be "temporary"-designed to last up to three years--similar facilities have remained in place for much longer at other "enduring" American bases, including Kosovo's Camp Bondsteel, which opened in 1999, and Eagle Base in Tuzla, Bosnia, in place since the mid-1990s.
    The administration insists that troops will remain in Iraq as long as it takes to install a functioning, democratic government, quell the insurgency, and build an efficient Iraqi fighting force. Given the elusiveness of those goals, many military experts believe that Rumsfeld's hope that the troops might be out by 2008 is wildly optimistic. Retired Marine Corps General Anthony Zinni, the top U.S. commander in the Middle East from 1997 to 2000, recently predicted that American involvement in Iraq would last at least 10 more years. Retired Army Lt. General Jay Garner, the former interim administrator of reconstruction efforts in Iraq, told reporters in February 2004 that a U.S. military presence in Iraq should last "the next few decades." Even that, some analysts warn, could be an underestimate. "Half a century ago if anyone tried to convince you that we'd still have troops in Korea and Japan, you'd think they were crazy," says Pike, the military analyst. Suspicions also run deep both inside Pentagon circles and among analysts that the Department of Defense is pouring billions of dollars into the facilities in pursuit of a different agenda entirely: to turn Iraq into a permanent base of operations in the Middle East.

KBR's first big building contract there, in June 2003, was a $200 million project to build and maintain "temporary housing units" for U.S. troops. Since then, according to military documents, it has received another $8.5 billion for work associated with Operation Iraqi Freedom. By far the largest sum--at least $4.5 billion--has gone to construction and maintenance of U.S. bases. By comparison, from 1999 to this spring, the U.S. government paid $1.9 billion to KBR for similar work in the Balkans.
    Brig. General Robert Pollman, chief engineer of base construction in Iraq, caused a stir--and forced his superiors to engage in damage control-when he told the Chicago Tribune last spring that the bases could be a "swap" for bases in Saudi Arabia. The United States has been closing bases and drawing down its forces in the kingdom in response to the growing unpopularity of the American presence there and repeated terror attacks. In mid-2003, roughly 4,500 U.S. troops reportedly redeployed from Saudi Arabia to Qatar, leaving only about 500 in the kingdom.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information