Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: The Difference between Canada and the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Yeah, because blocking free international trade is not a good ide for a free democracy. WTF ?? Of COURSE free and open trade should be supported and if it measn local business can't compete then they need to do somethgin to be more competitive. Anything else is government protection. I thought you preferred free capitalism ?
    Could you explain why GATT is bad for the world economy ????
    Because it's way lopsided... the U.S. imports far more than it exports under GATT.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by crisis
    And KBR, Pizza Hut, Burger King and the DVD stores at Camp Victory North also need staff.
    Statistics show that many of the jobs added in the last 2 years have been high-level jobs.
    '76 Cadillac Fleetwood Seventy-Five Limousine, '95 Lincoln Town Car.

Quote Originally Posted by targa
    There is an article in the newest RollingStone that says the grass is alot danker in BC, too.
    lol tru.dat, north washington and bc have teh dankest of the dankest of the dank.
    hahahha
    UPC's most heavy Bawls drinker. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet 500
    Unemployment dropped (and jobs were added) because of the tax cuts. When people get more of their own money back they (most of them) spend it buying products. This increases production which companies hire more people to keep up with demand.
    So just like that you will rule out all jobs being created from anything that i said?
    Because Tax cuts make jobs simple as that you should be in the white house you spin the same shit as them.
    You have Army Reserves like we do?. Last i herd from a American news program was the Number of people into the Army Reserves was at a all time high.
    Hey someone has got to build them weapons Hummers Tanks Ammo buildings etc at record rates to i bet, You can't say jobs haven't come from that and it wouldn't be like a couple of hundred extra jobs.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Canada is more of a multicultural country you could come here and meet almost anyone from around the world.

Just watch Bowling for Columbine you'll see what im talking about

Because it's way lopsided... the U.S. imports far more than it exports under GATT.
    ah so trade with partners who can build it better and cheaper than you is bad ?
    erm THAT is called PROTECTIONISM.

I thought you were a free-market capitalist ??
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Statistics show that many of the jobs added in the last 2 years have been high-level jobs.
    Given your past history Could you please provide those statistics ??

e.g. Bureau of Labor Statistics (http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.toc.htm) shows that the average income only rose 42c in the last year - that is 2.4% GROWTH. Now given that their IS inflation in that growth then clearly most of that is in inflation tracking.
    IF there was many jobs added of high-level jobs paying more then the average would have grown above inflation and if your implication were valid then it would have been WELL ABOVE inflation.

Care to explain ????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Feel free to show them. And exactly what are "high level" jobs?
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Heres another bit of information for Fleet to deny, twist, and ignore as soon as he's proven wrong: The requirements to get into the armed forces have been lowered. Ten years ago, you needed to pass certain tests to be allowed in, but now they will accept ANYONE. Even the retarded (I don't give a damn about political correctness) are allowed in. That comment about bums being pulled off the street was more accurate than you would think.

update .... http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/tic...Symbol=US:MSFT

a possible nail in the coffin for ONE of the providers of US electronic voting machines.

Spot the article ... they "lost" 4,400 votes in a marginal local election.

It's never a good idea to put blind faith in technology OR governments !!!!

As an aside, it's crazy to restrict them because they chose to use Windows ! OR to require the names of all developers given that a Windows developer could not have put a trap in to disrupt a vote application. Mind you probably equally as crazy to use Windows to build a simple voting machine out of

Thread Information