Thread: Snobs buying cars

Snobs buying cars

Rich snobs that buy fast cars.

There were 401 Ferrari enzos sold. They made them, and atleast broke even in the budget with them.

However, not all 401 use those cars the way us enthusiasts would. They tend (probably aroun 1/3) to either sit in a garage, or be under-estimated, or just plain old abused by an owner who doesn't appreciate it, or know what he/she's holding the key to.

But, if it had not been for these rich snobs, we wouldn't have any fast cars to drool over in the first place.

So, should we complain at these snobs who underestimate the car, and don't appreciate it, or thank them for keeping ferrari doing what they do best?
    Sometimes the best view of heaven is from hell.

Hmm...oohh....Wow!! These are delectible! Good news, Flappy! I'm not going to kill you!

do you think they would actually care or even listen to you?

I think you should not care so much, not until you have some money to put where your mouth is. The can do what they want.
    You can call me scott.

uh ohh somebody call the waaaaambulance

I see no point to this thread, sorry.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Repost!!!!

Some Rulers Are Immortalized In Marble Others,
    In Carbon Fiber.{Hard Core Audi Fan}Ich Fahr Omnibus!
    """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

ill tell you all a little story. i saw and read this thread a few hours ago in school, but it was a bit of a waste of time, and i had no opinion. it sounded like it wasnt really based on anything...and i stand by that, BUT
    i just went down to the shops to buy some mobile credit, pepsi and chocolate () and i saw a beautiful, topless, porsche boxster. quite a rare sight around where i live, not to mention the fact that it was a...997 is it? the new model. . absolutely wonderful it was. and the top was down so i could check out the interior as it was parked and the owner wasnt sitting in it.
    twas a fantastic machine. a kind of metallic grey...
    ANYWAY, while on my short ride home, the same car drove past, drivin by some old lady...going very slowly. i immediately thoguht i should contribute to this thread.
    it was a great car, but im almost happier that the other day i saw someone in a Ford XR8 ute, thrashing the ass off it out of a driveway, and splling stones everywhere.

dammit old people.
    if you want a sportscar, drive it like one!
    All about the t-tops

Hows about Snobs selling cars???

I wanted a 88 Holden VN Commodore the guy looked at me and said what work do you do. I'm on the Doll. Come see me when you work.
    I guess he should have ask me if i had money.
    Cause i bought my Current car a 92 Holden VP Commodore I got a deal he got jack.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

I think this is an absolutely great and totally relevent thread idea. Some of you are ridiculously hostile. Chill.

I hate seeing fabulous cars go to people who often just buy as an investment, then resell to make a quick few hundred thousands.I care so much more about cars that are potentially affordable to the average person. As cool as a high-end Lamborghini might be, there's no point in me drooling over something I know I could never have.

Rich people drive the market for elite vehicles and they're the ones who drive them. I don't hate them for it, but in all fairness I think its cooler to see an average car driven by a loving enthusiast than it is to see a high-end chunk-of-change driven by someone who bought it because they could.

Quote Originally Posted by TVR IS KING
    the same car drove past, drivin by some old lady...going very slowly.
    If it drove past but was going very slowly, how fast were you going?

And sure its always nicer to see an enthusiest w/ the car, but does that mean we should complain about the other people, or even care for that matter? The old lady wants that car, then she can have it. More power to her for having such good taste even if she isnt an enthusiest. and you know what, maybe she is one. There really isnt a way to know, even if she drives slow. better to take care of the car.
    Last edited by scottie300z; 11-08-2005 at 11:05 PM.
    You can call me scott.

Speculation in collector cars hurts the enthusiast. Prices are driven up in the speculation game. However, lots of the cars appreciating wildly have much nicer replacements. The true drivers cars.

Investors who grab up limited production models (Enzo) do exactly what the manufacturers of these cars want. Even if I could afford an Enzo, it wouldn't be my track car. A F360 Challenge would make a great track car, the Enzo I'd use sparingly and watch it appreciate!
    "Racing improves the breed" ~Sochiro Honda

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    Hows about Snobs selling cars???

I wanted a 88 Holden VN Commodore the guy looked at me and said what work do you do. I'm on the Doll. Come see me when you work.
    I guess he should have ask me if i had money.
    Cause i bought my Current car a 92 Holden VP Commodore I got a deal he got jack.
    mouahah , Holden got BMW's arrogance

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    uh, how? some bloke with 17 year old VN hating people on the dole doesn't represent Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by forza_autodelta
    And he was just a car salesman in a caryard And i was almost off the dole then
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Thread Information