Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh My God

even if you did just glance at it, how could you even think it was restorable? You knew it was a 60's car, so that means it could have been soaked in mud for 35+ years.

There is only one thing you can do now....

Set it on FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

look in the glove box and the trunk first maybe theres info on the car

I don't believe him. I think we should do an egg nogg test. That's if he can find the rotted up shift linkage.

j/k

hey n it stucked in the mud , could keep the wheeling

I think that is the actual car that was buried by Ralph Nader... You know, the guy who wrote the book about the Corvair "Unsafe at any speed", describing the car's tendency to roll over in moderate evasive manoevers?
    (tongue in cheek)

Yeah, that book actually contributed to the death of the little Corvair (even though it was discovered to be mainly unfounded information), but probably not as effectively as the 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang did!

Try to pull some VINs off the car and see what you come up with! I remember the story a while ago about a buried, rare race car... GT 40, I think? It was dug up after a fire destroyed the shop it was in, and dirt was pushed up around it (inadvertantly, I'm sure). It was discovered many, many years later, then rebuilt as accurately as possible, according to info from the famous owner... (look the story up, see if you can verify what I am saying; could be a totally different car altogether)

Wow zondaboy! To tell you the truth i thought you were just running your mouth but sweet find! Would you mind including more pictures of the car and your sister?

that car is cursed

Looks like a case for CSI.

yup that be a mid-sixes corvair nice find man
    in my town there's a 58 chevy or pontiac on it's side at the bottom of an embankment buried up to the mid-line

Actually....

Quote Originally Posted by trinogt
    I think that is the actual car that was buried by Ralph Nader... You know, the guy who wrote the book about the Corvair "Unsafe at any speed", describing the car's tendency to roll over in moderate evasive manoevers?
    (tongue in cheek)

Yeah, that book actually contributed to the death of the little Corvair (even though it was discovered to be mainly unfounded information), but probably not as effectively as the 1964 1/2 Ford Mustang did!

Try to pull some VINs off the car and see what you come up with! I remember the story a while ago about a buried, rare race car... GT 40, I think? It was dug up after a fire destroyed the shop it was in, and dirt was pushed up around it (inadvertantly, I'm sure). It was discovered many, many years later, then rebuilt as accurately as possible, according to info from the famous owner... (look the story up, see if you can verify what I am saying; could be a totally different car altogether)
    Actually, Chevy was getting ready to kill the whole Corvair line in '64, but Nader's book actually spurred the much safer '65 model year redesign of the rear suspension. Chevy also kept the car in production so that people wouldn't think Nader's book is why they killed it. It eventually ceased production because of expense to produce and dwindling sales. The last Vairs were made in 1969. Their main competition was actually not the Mustang, but Ford's compact Falcon (both were economy cars.) I remember a '60 or '61 Ford ad where they bragged that the "Falcon is up to $75 cheaper than its rear engined compeditor." Both had performance versions, sedans, wagons, and convertibles. the Corvair line even included trucks and van variants! As for your particular vair, you may have a couple salvagable rubber hoses. If nothing else, dig out the back end. you should have enough of an engine to get at least 20 bucks on ebay for what's left, or a very nice decorative lawn ornament or planter!
    Cougar. Impala. Road Runner. Mustang. Barracuda. Marlin. Cobra. Wildcat. Falcon. Hornet. Tiger. Jaguar. Colt. Bronco. Viper. Bagheera. Gremlin. Stingray. Firebird. Pinto. Thunderbird. Eagle. Skylark.

Protect the Wildlife. Don't crush them, restore them.

Don't listen to them. Get yourself a bottle of T Cut, a pot of P40 and a few cans of paint. It'll look a treat in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by rev440
    Wow zondaboy! To tell you the truth i thought you were just running your mouth but sweet find! Would you mind including more pictures of the car and your sister?
    it's not my sister. she's in 4th grade (my mate's sister) it's starting to get cold and i'm not able to stay out (plus my camera got jacked ) so i'll get pix during the next season)
    THIS IS A SIGNATURE
    (UCP'S biggest Zonda fan)

Stand up next to a mountain, chop it down with the edge of my hand. Pick up all the peices make an island over there
    Jimi H...

Quote Originally Posted by Zondaboy1
    the reason i thought it could have been a mustang was i only saw it for a second and 2 its pretty screwed up
    i saw it and its definently unrestorable but what the hell is it?
    Your mates sister needs shoes.
    If it is a Corvair it wasnt worth having new let alone restored.
    Interesting find all the same.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Thread Information