Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Lotus Esprit Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    i think this calls for ebay. but the wing looks good. i would have stayed with the smaller one, but i like subtlety.
    Good thinking, Ebay sounds like a great idea. At first, I was thinking Craigslist, but I think your suggestion is better.

I also liked the original, smaller wing but I wanted the car to get out of the '80s look and go for a more modern appearance. Not only that, but now I can actually see out of the rear window. Backing up will now be much easier
    To my wife: I love you and I miss you so much....rest in peace Honey :(

I got the car back today....there's good news and bad news. The good news is that they did a great job installing my new wing. The bad news is while reinstalling my front bumper/spoiler, they forgot how to rewire the lights back together. Now my turn signals, hazard lights and fog lamps aren't working anymore. I was told that they spent 2 days working on the problem and just couldn't seem to figure it out. Although they gave me a discount on the job, I thought that these people are professionals. I would have tagged each wire so I'd know where they'd go when I put things back together. I don't know why they didn't think of doing that.

Now, I've got to track down my friend who also owns an Esprit, although his car is a '91 SE. I'm hoping that his wiring is the same as mine. If not, the body shop better pay for any repairs needed to make my lights work again.

Anyways, here are the pictures of the new wing. The first pic is of the original wing and the following pics are of the new one. One of the good things about this wing is now I'm able to completely see out of the back window. Tell me what you think.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sog240; 03-11-2009 at 08:48 PM.

I almost forgot about the dyed leather interior. The first two pics are the original color and the next pics are of the updated interior. The last picture shows some "dust" from the auto body shop which they did a horrible job cleaning up.

I also changed the "wood grain" dash to black.
    Last edited by sog240; 04-25-2009 at 12:13 PM.

Just wanted to add a few more pictures.
    The first is of myself after getting off work. My wife's car can be seen behind the Esprit in the second pic and the last is an "aerial" view, taken from my bedroom window.

looks great! i really like the new interior! its like night at day.

did oyu get the lights fixed?
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    looks great! i really like the new interior! its like night at day.

did oyu get the lights fixed?
    Thanks! Yeah, I actually fixed the lights myself. Everything was wired wrong. Luckily, I have the repair manual and after studying the wiring diagram carefully, I was able to re-wire everything correctly.
    Also, the people at the auto body shop burned the flasher relay which I purchased at "JAE" for about $50. I had to removed the steering wheel and the entire binnacle just to replace the relay. Everything is working now, but the parking lamp switch seems to be going out
    I don't know what these people were doing but I'm extremely pissed off....I should have brought the car somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by sog240 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, I actually fixed the lights myself. Everything was wired wrong.
    seems to be par for the course with british cars car is currently in the shop being re wired.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Really really nice car.
    Congrats
    No Me Gusta Tu Coche

How did I miss this update? Your car is looking great man!

if you want to refresh the look of the car, change those rims. Nothing too flashy, just not so oldish either.

great interior!
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    if you want to refresh the look of the car, change those rims. Nothing too flashy, just not so oldish either.

great interior!
    No, please don't!
    Low-profiles really don't suit cars made for higher-profile tires. And those wheels are pure-80s, in a good way (if such a thing exists).
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    No, please don't!
    Low-profiles really don't suit cars made for higher-profile tires. And those wheels are pure-80s, in a good way (if such a thing exists).
    Of course it does. The 80's were great.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

IMO those rims should stay, I like them. They belong there.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    seems to be par for the course with british cars car is currently in the shop being re wired.
    This time, Lotus wasn't at fault. The auto body shop that installed my rear wing, screwed things up after repainting and reinstalling my front bumper. They forgot how to wire the lights properly and f***ed everything up.
    Sorry to hear about your car, hopefully it doesn't take too long and it's not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman002 View Post
    Really really nice car.
    Congrats
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Niko_Fx View Post
    How did I miss this update? Your car is looking great man!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post

great interior!
    Yeah, I was really looking toward changing them to the newer OZ rims which are installed on the V8 Esprits.....but after looking around, I found that it's a bit expensive. At the moment, I'm not willing to spend between 3k-5k....maybe sometime in the future when I actually have more spending money, but not right now.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    No, please don't!
    Not to worry, those rims are safe for the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    Of course it does. The 80's were great.
    At times

Quote Originally Posted by LotusLocost View Post
    IMO those rims should stay, I like them. They belong there.
    Well, if I ever do change them, I'll always have the original rims to swap out when I feel the need to do so.

Thread Information