View Poll Results: whom did you liked ? (Please read the data before voting)

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bugatti veyron

8 24.24%
  • Formula 1 car

25 75.76%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron vs a Formula 1 car

Bugatti Veyron vs a Formula 1 car

Ok so here i am with a true battle , it is Bugatti Veyron Vs Formula 1 car.

No doubt the bugatti veyron is the fastest , powerfulest car , but will it win the battle........

lets begin.... Bugatti veyron , a car generating 1001 bhp having a top speed of 406km/hr . It generates that from a monsterous 8 litre engine with 16 cylinders (2 V8 blocs welded together to form a W shape) and with 4 turbos .

Power : veyron generating 1001 bhp . ok . but what it requires ? an 8-litre engine with 16 cylinders and 4 turbos ? . On other hand a formula 1 car can generate around 950 bhp from an 3-litre engine (to be noted) with 10 cylinder configuration (to be noted) and with no turbos or super chargers (to be noted).

Top speed : The veyron runs at a top speed of 406 km/hr whereas a formula 1 car can achieve a top speed of 375-380 km/hr.

Acceleration : It is hard to believe that inspite of having a smaller engine , less cylinders and with no turbos the formula 1 car had outperformed the veyron in acceleration . The veyron accelerates from 0 - 100 km/hr in 2.8 secs compared to formula 1 car's 2.2 secs. Veyron goes 0-200 km/hr in around 6.7 secs whereas formula1 car takes around 4.7 secs.Veyron takes 14.0 secs to reach 300 km/hr from rest while Formula 1 car takes around 9.2 secs.

bhp/litre : The Veyron can generate 125 bhp/litre while a formula 1 car can generate in excess of 300 bhp/litre.

So if you are talking about what power and speed you get from a car , it is veyron win the battle . If you are talking about a real battle i.e a real technical battle , it is formula 1 car win the battle . If you are a mechanical engineer or a mechanical engineering student than you can understand how formula 1 car had outperformed the veyron by a massive difference (as i am a mechanical engineering student I can get it).

To download the tabular form of veyron and formula 1 car specifications visit www.imranhodekar.cjb.net

Absolute nonsense comparison...
    In the first place we are talking of a virtual car because no one knows yet how fast will it be after so many numbers were released. Not even the HP is known for sure.
    Second, nothing on hearth that is road legal and has 4 wheels could beat a Formula 1.
    Money can't buy you friends, but you do get a better class of enemy.

imran imran imran

what the hell is this ...
    Cedric - I sound like a chipmunk on there. Some friends of mine were like, "were you going through puberty?" I was like, no I was already 20, I just sound like a girl.

The mighty 1001bhp W16 Quad-Turbocharged engine means nothing when looking at the 3000lbs (or so) weight difference

Absolute nonsense comparison...
    Agreed

That's like saying "which is best ... Cessna Citation or F-16?"
    "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."
    Oscar Wilde

Classic Motoring Blog -
    http://classicmotoring.blogspot.com/

f1, yo

imran couple of simple points ...

first - acceleration is negatively impacted by excessive WEIGHT. So the bug would need a LOT More power and traction to match.

second - F1 cars aren't aerodynamically set up for fast running on oval test tracks.

third - comparing open and closed wheel cars is irrelevant as the open wheeled car can't avoid the HUGE drag from the rotating tyres
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Ill be the first not to put down this comparison...even if it isnt really a good one.

Bugatti-If you want top speed, room for another, and road legal
    F1- for everything else.

There you have it. Id take the F1 myself ofcourse.

Maybe if we changed it. Maybe say made the F1 car a theoretical version? Like what if there was a car that was road legal w/ the same specs as an F1 car? Same seats same everything, but some differences to make it legal, maybe something like a one seater caterham but more similar to the F1. What then would you choose? Seats, comfort and top speed? or nimble one seater handling w/ a bit faster acceleration?

I hope this makes it better. it may not, and if so then whatever.

nonsens thread(like said befor)
    compair the weight that s just enought to know why the F1 is faster and dont forget the F1 car is not made for an everyday car and the engine get changed everyrace so imagin the pressur on the engine

Well, we're gonna see just how adversely affected an open wheel racer is hampered by the drag of the wheels next month. BAR-Honda are gonna run a fully regulated F1 car at Bonneville Salt Flats in the US to see just how fast 950bhp in a 600kg car can go. Rumours are that they are setting their sites on 300mph, so that will mean it comfortably beats the Veyron in that respect too.

So yes, this is a fairly pointless comparison!
    uәʞoɹq spɹɐoqʎәʞ ʎɯ

Quote Originally Posted by imran_hodekar
    Ok so here i am with a true battle , it is Bugatti Veyron Vs Formula 1 car.

No doubt the bugatti veyron is the fastest , powerfulest car , but will it win the battle........

lets begin.... Bugatti veyron , a car generating 1001 bhp having a top speed of 406km/hr . It generates that from a monsterous 8 litre engine with 16 cylinders (2 V8 blocs welded together to form a W shape) and with 4 turbos .

Power : veyron generating 1001 bhp . ok . but what it requires ? an 8-litre engine with 16 cylinders and 4 turbos ? . On other hand a formula 1 car can generate around 950 bhp from an 3-litre engine (to be noted) with 10 cylinder configuration (to be noted) and with no turbos or super chargers (to be noted).

Top speed : The veyron runs at a top speed of 406 km/hr whereas a formula 1 car can achieve a top speed of 375-380 km/hr.

Acceleration : It is hard to believe that inspite of having a smaller engine , less cylinders and with no turbos the formula 1 car had outperformed the veyron in acceleration . The veyron accelerates from 0 - 100 km/hr in 2.8 secs compared to formula 1 car's 2.2 secs. Veyron goes 0-200 km/hr in around 6.7 secs whereas formula1 car takes around 4.7 secs.Veyron takes 14.0 secs to reach 300 km/hr from rest while Formula 1 car takes around 9.2 secs.

bhp/litre : The Veyron can generate 125 bhp/litre while a formula 1 car can generate in excess of 300 bhp/litre.

So if you are talking about what power and speed you get from a car , it is veyron win the battle . If you are talking about a real battle i.e a real technical battle , it is formula 1 car win the battle . If you are a mechanical engineer or a mechanical engineering student than you can understand how formula 1 car had outperformed the veyron by a massive difference (as i am a mechanical engineering student I can get it).

To download the tabular form of veyron and formula 1 car specifications visit www.imranhodekar.cjb.net

A waste of ur time typing that up.

This comparison is stupid, well thought out, but stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Bauer
    Well, we're gonna see just how adversely affected an open wheel racer is hampered by the drag of the wheels next month. BAR-Honda are gonna run a fully regulated F1 car at Bonneville Salt Flats in the US to see just how fast 950bhp in a 600kg car can go. Rumours are that they are setting their sites on 300mph, so that will mean it comfortably beats the Veyron in that respect too.

So yes, this is a fairly pointless comparison!
    During an F1 broadcast on speed they said BAR is aiming for 250 not 300
    eat cicada

Id be VERY worried at them trying for 300 with F1 tyres

Are they going to permit special rims ????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

The f1 would so kick the bugatti's a$$.
    "Someone's sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago." -Warren Buffett

Thread Information