Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you like Honda?

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    IN first, sure
    That doesnt even make sense, it revs quicker in neutral (obveously).
    That's as stupid a test as the EVO versus Fiat in top gear BS
    Why not test a V8 and pull two of the plug leads off -- just as useful !!!
    Because nothing was done to the S2000's engine, it doesnt make low end power, everyone knows this, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    You sure that they just didnt "convert" their engine to run on our fuel?
    Do you know what states they are selling them in?

may be you could try to find it from here.

http://www.mbusa.com/models/main.do?modelCode=E320CDI

I know that California is still off limits.

the answer is right here, at the bottom part...

http://www.mbusa.com/campaigns/e320cdi/faq/index.do

and further reading does reveal more interesting things. According to this site, the USA version of the 320 CDI is an inline six with 3.2 litre and 201 BHP at 4200 revs, coming with a 5 speed autobox.
    The current European spec for the car says that it is fitted with a 3.0 litre V6, producing 224 BHP at 3,800 revs, and comes with the new 7 speed autobox. It is this engine that is also used in the Chrysler 300.
    Last edited by henk4; 04-06-2006 at 12:05 PM.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    no, slicks clearly said: in neutral
    ah thanks.
    I missed it cause it's a silly measure.
    With no drive then the engien is only overcoming the interal friction and with oil that's not a lot.
    A biek engine will hit the rev limiter 1t 16K before you can respond if you did that trick>
    Doens't really say ANYTHING
    My error for trying to make it mean somehtign by assumin in gears
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

ah thanks.
    I missed it cause it's a silly measure.
    With no drive then the engien is only overcoming the interal friction and with oil that's not a lot.
    A biek engine will hit the rev limiter 1t 16K before you can respond if you did that trick>
    Doens't really say ANYTHING
    My error for trying to make it mean somehtign by assumin in gears
    I was responding to this: "By the time a LS1 hits 2500 rpms the quickest it can, the S2k already broke its 8K red line"
    I was pointing out that was a very false statement.

And you really think I could run out first gear that fast??? Thats about 50mph in less than a second...

BAhahahah I can tell youve never driven any V8 car before... I barley touch the gas when in neutral and im at 2500RPMs. If I stomp on it it bounces off the limiter before I can blink(and feels like its doing no wrong).

BTW, If I remember right one of the mags C&D or MT did a 0-60 with the S2000 w/o going above 6000PRMS and it turned out to be like 11 seconds or something...
    Thats because when your in neutral the turning weight of the tranni and drivetrain is not included, so that natural
    And I'd like to see that article. Don't get me wrong the flat torque curb of a LS series is good. But s2000 is great for what it is, revvs superbike- twin V- quick, and bets everything in is class short of a M z4, including the solstice.

Imagine if they forged two s2K motors together banked side by at a angle, to make a v8 that would be a estimated combined power of 440hp. And then drop it in the soon to be repalces NSX. It would bet a LS2 Vette, anytime.
    Last edited by zeta; 04-06-2006 at 01:54 PM.

That doesnt even make sense, it revs quicker in neutral (obveously).
    Yeah my error in reading it. As I'd said it was likely cos revving with no load is a pretty pointles comparison Sorry.
    Because nothing was done to the S2000's engine, it doesnt make low end power, everyone knows this, get over it.
    Yes the test DID do seomthgin to the engien ... it didnt' drive it as it was intended

Satygin it doesnt' make low end torque is the same as saying an LS1 doesnt' make power over 8,000 revs.
    Its pointless.

SO can we get BACK to Honda likes ????
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

I was responding to this: "By the time a LS1 hits 2500 rpms the quickest it can, the S2k already broke its 8K red line"
    I was pointing out that was a very false statement.
    Sorry, SLicks, but it is 100% useless statemtn if it's talking about being in neutral
    And you really think I could run out first gear that fast??? Thats about 50mph in less than a second...
    My old mans 325i did
    he could NEVER pull away in first, always used second.
    By the timw you let the clutch up you were putting it back in again. First was VERY quick off the line
    There are cars out there that are different to the way you're used to

Yeah my error in reading it. As I'd said it was likely cos revving with no load is a pretty pointles comparison Sorry.
    you see Peter, reading errors happen to everybody
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by henk4
    you see Peter, reading errors happen to everybody
    Never said they didn't.

Difference is some people are man enough to put their hand up when they do it

...... and your point of the post was ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by zeta
    Thats because when your in neutral the turning weight of the tranni and drivetrain is not included, so that natural
    Uhhhh dur...
    I was replying to your comment:
    "By the time a LS1 hits 2500 rpms the quickest it can, the S2k already broke its 8K red line"
    Are you not talking about revving in neutral?
    And I'd like to see that article. Don't get me wrong the flat torque curb of a LS series is good. But s2000 is great for what it is, revvs superbike- twin V- quick, and bets everything in is class short of a M z4, including the solstice.
    Solstice really isnt in its class, the Solstice GXP would be more a match.
    Imagine if they forged two s2K motors together banked side by at a angle, to make a v8 that would be a estimated 440hp. And then drop it in the soon to be repalces NSX. It would bet a LS2 Vette, anytime.
    Oh god... Here we go with the rice math again...
    You might as well say "imagif the LS2 had 4 valves per cylinder, then it would be making 800hp."

Heres the article:
    "On one run, we launched and shifted at 5500; the 0-60 time rose to more than 11 seconds."
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rformance.html

Heres the article:
    "On one run, we launched and shifted at 5500; the 0-60 time rose to more than 11 seconds."
    http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rformance.html
    Let me give you a differnet analogy ( see http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=analogy )

That woudl be like saying a Corvette 0-60 went out to 15seconds when you left hte handbrake on !!

DUMB Desperate journalists trying to support self opinions likely

Can the next post actually be abotu something you LIKE about a HONDA ??????

Yes the test DID do seomthgin to the engien ... it didnt' drive it as it was intended

Satygin it doesnt' make low end torque is the same as saying an LS1 doesnt' make power over 8,000 revs.
    Its pointless.

SO can we get BACK to Honda likes ????
    Were talking about Honda arnt we?

The difference is the LS1 DOESNT rev to 8000PRMs, where as the S2000 isnt always above 6000PRMs.
    In real world situations here, the S2000 probably wont be above 6000RPMs.
    We just expect an engine to be usable, just as if the LS1 were to rev to 8000PRMs, we'd expect it to be makeing power up there, just like we expect the F20 to make power down below.

Let me give you a differnet analogy ( see http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=analogy )

That woudl be like saying a Corvette 0-60 went out to 15seconds when you left hte handbrake on !!
    Do you normally drive with the handbrake on?
    Stop making excuses for peaky engines, its getting old.
    DUMB Desperate journalists trying to support self opinions likely
    Because no other journalists try and support their own bias (cough topgear cough)
    Can the next post actually be abotu something you LIKE about a HONDA ??????
    The NSX is one hell of a car,a nd Honda makes good economy cars.

Were talking about Honda arnt we?

The difference is the LS1 DOESNT rev to 8000PRMs, where as the S2000 isnt always above 6000PRMs.
    In real world situations here, the S2000 probably wont be above 6000RPMs.
    We just expect an engine to be usable, just as if the LS1 were to rev to 8000PRMs, we'd expect it to be makeing power up there, just like we expect the F20 to make power down below.
    that's the most confusing nonsensical and retarded thing ive ever read

Quote Originally Posted by KnifeEdge_2K1
    that's the most confusing nonsensical and retarded thing ive ever read
    haha, ok. Leave it to this, we expect engines to make power not just up top, but in the low rev as well.

Thread Information