Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Ok you need to stop assuming every thing the main point of my arguement is that the SSC is a better car.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    None of those have anything to do with top speed, which is your main point here I assume

Quote Originally Posted by GO AMERICA!!! View Post
    So the SSC has 4 world records, fastest production car, biggest HP/weight ratio, least amount of wind resistance, and finally the slalom track record for a production car... and in case you didn't know the SSC doesn't have power steering, ABS, or Traction control... they did that because they wanted it to be a drivers car. Now the Bugatti on the other hand has ABS, Traction control, power steering, and launch control... Its a car for people that don't like to do anything except put their foot on the pedal and move. So the SSC and the Bugatti are two completely different cars for two completely different drivers. And if you get down to the purpose of these two cars they were both designed to go fast and the SSC goes faster. And in case you didn't notice the Bugatti has ABS, Traction control, power steering, and launch control and doesn't have any records... That's a fail if you ask me.
    Let me think about it...I'm traveling at 400 km/h...do I want ABS?
    F+++ yeah.
    ASR? oh eyah.
    ESP? that too Sir.

Do I want to die? not yet.
    Don't know if you know this (I'm sure you don't) but having the ABS sorted right is a damn difficult thing, and so are ASR and ESP. Not using them to have a "driver car" is the stupidest excuse to hide the fact they didn't have the resources/money to have them.
    It's a driver car, you say? And what about the camera instead of the rear view mirror? Good old drivers used to open the door of their Diablos to get the view of what they were about to hit.

The HP/kg ratio is pointless, as there are plenty of tuned cars with more than the Aero, and they don't wave their dicks for it (and they are quite into showing off).
    I don't even know how that they dare to call this car a production car given they didn't even reach a double digit production run to date.

Life isn't made about stupid records to show off in your lonely factory where no one comes in to say "hey, is that a Fiero kit car?! LOL".
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

So the SSC has 4 world records, fastest production car, biggest HP/weight ratio, least amount of wind resistance, and finally the slalom track record for a production car...
    .....and nobody cares. seriously. It's like people looked at all that, thought "huh, that's nice" and went and bought a veryon instead.
    . they did that because they wanted it to be a drivers car. Now the Bugatti on the other hand has ABS, Traction control, power steering, and launch control... Its a car for people that don't like to do anything except put their foot on the pedal and move.
    or... they recognise the limitations of making 1000hp useable <- key word here
    to make it palatable to customers. i think the sales reflect that.
    So the SSC and the Bugatti are two completely different cars for two completely different drivers.
    agreed.

And if you get down to the purpose of these two cars they were both designed to go fast and the SSC goes faster.
    SSC was designed only to go fast.
    the bugatti was designed to go fast... as well as being a luzury GT car, and being useable, and not looking completely hideous.
    Really, im gunna put a math problem up for lets see if you can handle it 5+8=???
    5 cars sold and one demonstrator.
    8 cars they promised their investors they're gonna sell. honest.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    the bugatti was designed to go fast... as well as being a luzury GT car, and being useable, and not looking completely hideous.
    And to hijack rich people's money. Check.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    haha too true. especially the special editons.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

And to be a stupid Corrado on steroids. And to be an offense to the Bugatti name.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Its a drivers car because Traction control, ABS, power steering are wait for it... ASSISTS!!! A real racer(not street racer) doesn't need Assists.

Let me think about it...I'm traveling at 400 km/h...do I want ABS?
    F+++ yeah.
    ASR? oh eyah.
    ESP? that too Sir.

Do I want to die? not yet.
    Don't know if you know this (I'm sure you don't) but having the ABS sorted right is a damn difficult thing, and so are ASR and ESP. Not using them to have a "driver car" is the stupidest excuse to hide the fact they didn't have the resources/money to have them.
    It's a driver car, you say? And what about the camera instead of the rear view mirror? Good old drivers used to open the door of their Diablos to get the view of what they were about to hit.

The HP/kg ratio is pointless, as there are plenty of tuned cars with more than the Aero, and they don't wave their dicks for it (and they are quite into showing off).
    I don't even know how that they dare to call this car a production car given they didn't even reach a double digit production run to date.

Life isn't made about stupid records to show off in your lonely factory where no one comes in to say "hey, is that a Fiero kit car?! LOL".

Its a drivers car because Traction control, ABS, power steering are wait for it... ASSISTS!!! A real racer(not street racer) doesn't need Assists.
    is that why formula one cars have sequential manuals, traction control and stability control
    huh

ABS, Traction control, and power steering are assists. And im pretty sure if a company is building the worlds fastest production car money isnt a problem. And you didnt read this link did you...Very Fast Cars: The SSC Ultimate Aero Becomes the World's Fastest Car

.....and nobody cares. seriously. It's like people looked at all that, thought "huh, that's nice" and went and bought a veryon instead.

or... they recognise the limitations of making 1000hp useable <- key word here
    to make it palatable to customers. i think the sales reflect that.

agreed.

5 cars sold and one demonstrator.
    8 cars they promised their investors they're gonna sell. honest.

Formula 1 cars aren't driver cars their RACE cars idiot.

is that why formula one cars have sequential manuals, traction control and stability control
    huh

huh
    This isn't real racing though. What's real racing is Nascar with carbs, live axles and four speed gearboxes...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Formula 1 cars aren't driver cars their RACE cars idiot.
    wait so formula one drivers aren't race drivers?
    no seriously, i want to see where you are going with this

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    This isn't real racing though. What's real racing is Nascar with carbs, live axles and four speed gearboxes...

ABS, Traction control, and power steering are assists. And im pretty sure if a company is building the worlds fastest production car money isnt a problem. And you didnt read this link did you...Very Fast Cars: The SSC Ultimate Aero Becomes the World's Fastest Car
    what is this i don't even

did you quote the wrong person? i don't even remember saying those weren't assists, refresh my memory
    Last edited by clutch-monkey; 11-08-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Are you really that stupid they have never driven the SSC, so how would they give it a driver rating?
    I guess this agrees with my point that there's a difference between like and respect.

You obviously cant count very high and you really dont read very good because im pretty sure i said they SOLD 5 and 8 people have put down $600,000... Wierd how in my math 5+8 magically equals 13... Would you like to fail again?
    If you really are a 10th grader and you use phrases like "read very good", then yes, the Europeans are right and we are doomed. As I said in our PM bitch-fest, please, use some kind of spell/grammar check.

But back to my main point - down payments don't equal sold or delivered. Jaguar had a whole bunch of those for the XJ220 that were cancelled. I guess they "sold" a lot of them.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

You completely missed the point Formula 1 cars are RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE RACE CARS, the SSC is a DRIVER DRIVER DRIVER DRIVER CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wait so formula one drivers aren't race drivers?
    no seriously, i want to see where you are going with this

what is this i don't even

did you quote the wrong person?

but you said a real race car doesn't need assists.....

oh you guys should read that article, it's hilarious.
    Achieving the record wasn't just a matter of bragging rights (yes it was), though. For company founder Jerod Shelby it was a business decision. From early on Shelby, who started the West Richland (Wash.) company in 2000, decided that he had to break the production car top-speed record in order to establish credibility for his infant company. "No one is going to buy a $600,000 car they never heard of," he says.(you got that right, although you'll find a lot of people won't pay 600k for a car they HAVE heard of)

Thread Information