Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

I don't care if it was official or not, the Veyron hit 253Mph through many sources.

But next time, read the date of the post.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

In the end it all comes down to wheter you prefer a Corrado on steroids or a kit-car with Focus headlamps.

Me? I'll take a Pagani Zonda C12 S, thank you.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Watch the whole thing its pretty interesting.

1183 HP SSC Aero vs. Lamborghini - Podcast 15 - Video

I'm a HUGE fan of the Veyron, so this is going to be a very one-sided argument!

The Veyron is an amazing piece of engineering. Supercars that can reach the rank of "fastest in the world," are usually totally stripped down, and very very light, for example, the Koenigsegg CCX, and the SSC Aero. They have few luxuries, and driving in one for too long will probably end up devastating you.

The Veyron however is designed to be luxury as well as extraordinarily fast. Bugatti didn't try to save weight by taking out carpets, or use plastic or carbon fibre trimmings for the interior. Instead, it has thick carpet, and full leather and metal trimmings. Although I haven't driven one (not privileged enough to!) I've watched many reviews on the car, and none complained about any discomforts while driving, instead commenting on how surprisingly nice and high quality everything is.

One must think of the Veyron as a GT car. The SSC Aero however, is a thorough-bred supercar, much like the Koenigsegg CCX. In my opinion, if they stripped out the Veyron to the same level as the SSC Aero, it'll easily outrun the Aero.

no question

easily the buggati, does the aero have hydrolic spoilers does it have 16 intercooleres, does it have a crystal gear lever. Buggati created a luxury cruiser as well as a fast hypercar. The interiors are now comparison aswell as the cleam smooth finish. To be honest i do not like the aero at all it looks awful and when are u going to be able to use all of those horsepower, you won't and if you take away the speed of it theres nothing left.

Quote Originally Posted by jack_tat View Post
    easily the buggati, does the aero have hydrolic spoilers does it have 16 intercooleres, does it have a crystal gear lever.
    these are positives?
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    In the end it all comes down to wheter you prefer a Corrado on steroids or a kit-car with Focus headlamps.
    I think you're being needlessly cynical here. Both cars are much more than you're letting on. The Veyron (though I think it does share it's bore spacing with lesser VW motors) is a very accomplished effort from a company that have a fine tradition of making soem of the best assembled and developed automobiles in the world. It's not a real Bugatti, but it's an amazing car. And I don't really like it that much.

As for the SSC being a kit car, I can only assume that you're purely joking. That car has proven itself to be capable of stunning performance, and when reviewed (other than a couple early prototypes) has won praise for its quality of finish. No one makes fun of the last Lamborghini for having 300ZX headlamps.

And you can call me when Pagani are building their own engines...

I think ill take the bugatti not because i like it or anything but because it seems more like a real car than the SSC. the SSC wether or not its a kit car, has too much of a kit car look and feel for me (same reason i dont like the saleen s7). but also, i dont like the idea of the bugatti being a volkswagon haha.

so the lesser of two evils (not really evil cause they are both awsome) is the bugatti for me.
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

It may look or feel like a kit car, but even fellow enthusiast Jay Leno said it isn't. The car has become just as nice as other supercars.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

I'm a big fan of cars that feel like sports cars and thats something the bugatti lacks. No I've never driven one, but its apparent in the weight figures, the interior, the crazy driver's aids etc. I don't particularly love the SSC, but I think its good to see someone else take the top speed record without a w16 quad turbo behemoth of an engine. If the bugatti weighed a lot less I would feel differently.

Quote Originally Posted by bruxell View Post
    I think you're being needlessly cynical here. Both cars are much more than you're letting on. The Veyron (though I think it does share it's bore spacing with lesser VW motors) is a very accomplished effort from a company that have a fine tradition of making soem of the best assembled and developed automobiles in the world. It's not a real Bugatti, but it's an amazing car. And I don't really like it that much.

As for the SSC being a kit car, I can only assume that you're purely joking. That car has proven itself to be capable of stunning performance, and when reviewed (other than a couple early prototypes) has won praise for its quality of finish. No one makes fun of the last Lamborghini for having 300ZX headlamps.

And you can call me when Pagani are building their own engines...
    Of course I was being slightly sarcastic.

About the Bugatti, it was discussed time ago, but basically it's all very well that it can do 400km/h but that's problem this was the car's only point. Bugatti can't (or shouldn't) be about speed only.

And about the SSC again I'm sure it's an achievement and that it is very fast but... look at it!
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

I'll take the Bugatti any day... The truth is that the Bugatti is just an amazing car, with fantastic build quality, heritage, and it is a usable car.

The SSC is just a fowl looking stripped down car that maybe does more than 250 mph... however I feel it is in a different category. I would compare it to a Porsche 9FF or any other "lightweight" supercar.
    If you are natural, you are cool and if you are cool you must be a CCK

Quote Originally Posted by F1_Master View Post
    It may look or feel like a kit car, but even fellow enthusiast Jay Leno said it isn't. The car has become just as nice as other supercars.
    Finally, someone who agrees with me!

I love both of them, but I would still take the Veyron

I would take the Veyron over the SSC Aero any day.

For now the SSC Aero holds the world record, officially anyway. An interesting thing to note though is that the Veyron is limited to "only" 252mph because of it's electronic limiter. Without it the Veyron can exceed 270mph.

I'm sorry but the SSC Aero is not in the same league as the Veyron. Not at all. Saying you would take the SSC over the Veyron on a forum is one thing but would you actually take it over the Veyron? Come on! The Veyron just isn't about going fast in a straight line either you know. It can turn corners and it does it quite well. All while having the utmost in luxury. How many cars can get to 252mph and feel as though you're going 100? Certainly not the SSC Aero.

I respect the SSC greatly for what it has accomplished but comparisons like this just don't make since in the real world. The SSC is a great achievement. The Veyron is that and so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by FordGT View Post
    For now the SSC Aero holds the world record, officially anyway. An interesting thing to note though is that the Veyron is limited to "only" 252mph because of it's electronic limiter. Without it the Veyron can exceed 270mph.
    Blah-blah-blah, so VW claim. Let them take the limiter off and do it, and then produce the car that way and then any of that will matter... Right now the Veyron is in 2nd place.

I'm sorry but the SSC Aero is not in the same league as the Veyron. Not at all. Saying you would take the SSC over the Veyron on a forum is one thing but would you actually take it over the Veyron? Come on! The Veyron just isn't about going fast in a straight line either you know. It can turn corners and it does it quite well. All while having the utmost in luxury. How many cars can get to 252mph and feel as though you're going 100? Certainly not the SSC Aero.
    I'm sorry, but these are super cars, and in that leauge all that matters is performance. Still, you have a point. the SSC isn't an overpriced, overweight bloat barge like the Veyron. It's light, and it's faster. It handles and it set it's records on real roads, not in the confines of a controled test surface. Yes, I would take the almost three SSCs I could buy for the price of one Veyron. Has it occured to you that going very, very fast might not need to be accompanied by the utmost in luxury, but that connection to the road might be preferable?

I respect the SSC greatly for what it has accomplished but comparisons like this just don't make since in the real world. The SSC is a great achievement. The Veyron is that and so much more.
    so much more heavy, so much more expensive, so much more based on Golf bore-spacing...

Thread Information