Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugatti Veyron 16.4 vs SSC Ultimate Aero

Quote Originally Posted by Markie Boy View Post
    I'd take the Bugatti because it will last for another 10yrs and knowing american cars the ssc will probably have its engine blown up or pistons will be fried after doing 440kmh
    Yeah right, corvette's are probably some of the most reliable "supercars" on the road today. Bugattis have never been known for their reliability i dunno where you are getting your ideas from.

if you are talking about durability and "lasting 10 years" that should go in favor of the car featuring the corvette motor not the car featuring a 16 cylinder technological marvel...not to mention whenever one of them breaks, i doubt you can head down to auto zone and get basic parts for the bugatti.

that being said.

If im spending my own money...the SSC (but only cause i have two cars to choose from).
    If its free, the bugatti hands down! its a freakin bugatti! not to mention not only has it been proven to go 250mph or whatever, its also relatively stable at that speed. I would trust going that fast in a bugatti, i would not trust going that fast in the SSC
    A woman goes to the doctor to figure out why she is having breathing problems...The doctor tells her she is overweight. She says she wants a second opinion...the doctor says, "your ugly".

Relatively stable compared to what? In high speed mode it doesn't have that massive downforce and actually creates less than the SSC.

When they had Guinness world records out there to verify the SSC was the fastest production car (on a new stretch of road outside the tri cities where it's built, not a fancy high speed facility) there were gusts of winds (in that area the wind never really stops) and the thing did not have any trouble with them even at extremely high speeds. Obviously they waited for the wind to die down before making their record run, but still.

Edit: haha, 500th post
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    It's an American car, according to Jeremy Clarkson when he was testing the CTS-V cadillc in top gear... "american cars are very fast in a straight line but useless on everything else".

Now that's just being too negtive about the SSC

If i'll give you that option to choose between a civic and an ssc and actually give the car to you...

I am sure you'll choose the AMERICAN PLASTIC HEAP OF RUBBISH over a car which has TURBOLAG EVEN IF THAT CAR HASN'T GOT ANY TURBO with a fancy VTEC in it....

I would, i was just being melodramatic. Sorry mate(:

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post
    Yeah right, corvette's are probably some of the most reliable "supercars" on the road today. Bugattis have never been known for their reliability i dunno where you are getting your ideas from.

if you are talking about durability and "lasting 10 years" that should go in favor of the car featuring the corvette motor not the car featuring a 16 cylinder technological marvel...not to mention whenever one of them breaks, i doubt you can head down to auto zone and get basic parts for the bugatti.

that being said.

If im spending my own money...the SSC (but only cause i have two cars to choose from).
    If its free, the bugatti hands down! its a freakin bugatti! not to mention not only has it been proven to go 250mph or whatever, its also relatively stable at that speed. I would trust going that fast in a bugatti, i would not trust going that fast in the SSC
    Well... being too stable will probably make your speed run be boring...
    Everything ends at 666...
    666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666

im not sure how fast you have driven, but i have done 140, and at that speed you like the car to be stable. your focus is on everything outside the car, paying attention for sounds of anything inside the car that may be breaking and sending you skidding into the trees, and the last thing you want to be worrying about is the car not being stable. when you hit an expansion joint at 200 mph you dont want the cars back end to go jumping to one side. i had that happen the other day at 70 on a big tight turn, and its scared the shit out of me. if i were driving 200+ i would want that car to be rock solid, i don'e care how 'boring' it is.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    im not sure how fast you have driven, but i have done 140, and at that speed you like the car to be stable. your focus is on everything outside the car, paying attention for sounds of anything inside the car that may be breaking and sending you skidding into the trees, and the last thing you want to be worrying about is the car not being stable. when you hit an expansion joint at 200 mph you dont want the cars back end to go jumping to one side. i had that happen the other day at 70 on a big tight turn, and its scared the shit out of me. if i were driving 200+ i would want that car to be rock solid, i don'e care how 'boring' it is.
    Definitely agree completely.

At high speeds you want confidence not excitement.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    That is true, I hate cars that try to kill you. I don't know how some of those race car drivers did it back in the day (GT40 drivers running down the mulsanne straight when their car was trying to achieve lift off) but I have a strong suspicion that they were all crazy.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by roosterjuicer View Post

that being said.

For one, you completely contradict yourself in this post. And you think when the corvette first came out they weren't working bugs out of it? You really expect a car company to throw a car as expensive and technical as the Veyron onto the road and expect things not to go wrong? It may have more problems but it also has twice the engine packed in the bay over a standard vette.. even a Z06. I don't even know if i have ever heard anyone call a corvette a super car.. ever. Now a 1300 horse power twin turbo corvette engine inside a supercar.. that sounds right. Auto Zone for basic parts for a corvette? On Shelf? Doubtful.. hell i have had problems getting parts for my own chevy. As for control, I'm sure the SSC uses things other then curb weight to keep the car on all four tires. You act like its going to fly away.. Plus you get Nav and a back up camera with the SSC .. I'm sold.. SSC would probably take take the Veyron to school daily..

I find it interesting how people living out of the united states find american cars to be junk.. I mean its not like we've been doing it over here for upwards of a hundred years..
    Last edited by SupraMan22; 12-18-2008 at 04:13 PM.
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

boring > dead.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    That is true, I hate cars that try to kill you. I don't know how some of those race car drivers did it back in the day (GT40 drivers running down the mulsanne straight when their car was trying to achieve lift off) but I have a strong suspicion that they were all crazy.
    or drunk ..
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

And I guess Bugatti has this beautiful bubble-shape profile because it works very whell at 250mph... The air really flows on the body of the bugatti..
    agree with what CMC said, even if the accident at Nardo was caused by the front tire, which while exploding destroyed the suspension and the bodywork around it. part of the bodywork destroyed the windshield too, and so Bicocchi gained a broken tympanum that day, while Nardo Circuit gained 800 meters of damaged guard-rail.
    VW payed the bill obviously.

btw, the Veyron's aero is quite bad.

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    just saw Le Mans (quite a disappointment as a movie, but awesome cars for sure), I think they were both drunk and crazy. especially while breaking hard on the wet road.
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post
    just saw Le Mans (quite a disappointment as a movie, but awesome cars for sure), I think they were both drunk and crazy. especially while breaking hard on the wet road.
    And there's always the story of Duncan Hamilton in Le Mans '53 where he was really drunk.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

bugatti is french say bugatti a couple of times and you will see it is a french word nut case

Quote Originally Posted by cullow View Post
    bugatti is french say bugatti a couple of times and you will see it is a french word nut case
    You're right - all you need to do is to say the word a couple of times!

Oh, wait.

Except you're wrong. Bugatti, as a name is Italian.
    http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31695
    - Are YOU listed? -

newbie nut case pwnage ^^
    Ucp's #1 Toyota Supra fanatic......still.

2006 Scion tC..
    Forced Induction - Props to Dezod Motorsports & PTuning

Thread Information