View Poll Results: What do you think of Schumi's retirement?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • He should have countinued

9 32.14%
  • It was the right decision

17 60.71%
  • Long overdue

2 7.14%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of Schumi's retirement?

What do you think of Schumi's retirement?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thread courtesy of Rsportscars

too early, he could have easily won more championships had he chose to continue

thanks for giving credit to your source this time

I don't really care. He is a bit overhyped, could have gone on, but I never really watched him.

I was always a bit more interested in what his brother was up to.
    2007 Acura TL Type-S (AEM V2, R-V6 Race/J-Pipe, ATLP Quad Exhaust)
    2011 BMW 328i Coupe

he should've continued.
    I am the Stig

Ferrari Constructors Champions 2007

Whenever a racedriver retires healthy, I'm happy. I think it will also serve to make the races more interesting since he's dominated the sport for over a decade now.

I think it's a wise decision to retire now, he is still one of the best in F1 but he's age is starting to show so now is a perfect time to stop. When that is said, I think it will take a while before F1 will be the same again. He always contributed to the exitement in F1, whatever you liked or disliked him. Personally I'm a huge fan of MS so of course I'm sad to see him stop, but at least now he will be remebered as a great driver.
    Team Fiattitude

I wanted him to win 10 WDC.lol.yet the ONLY reason I would agree is that he will retire on top.he questioned himself about how long he could keep up the fight on F1.com and it would break my heart to see him in the twilight like JV.yet I think he is so much of a superior driver that would never happened.I want him to take more championships.and I want him to dominate Kimi in the same car.even though he wooped him @ Monza.yet it wouldn't be fair to Felipewho has had a huge impact on the Constructors Championship this year,to be a number 3.
    Ferrari will be WCC. Whoever wins the WDC will be from the Scuderia.........Yet who?

i think its better this way as it will be more exciting for the sport as he dominated F1
    now there is more competition
    I was more intrested in Masa and the other schumacher anyway also i think montoya should of stayed

I think that even though MS was heading into his twilight years as a driver and champion, I dont think you could say that JV was in his, purely because 97 was basically a fluke. Since then, 98 onwards he has been mediocre at best. More a flash in the pan than a steady decline from brilliance in JV's case.
    Im glad Schuey got out intact (touch wood) and hopefully will go out on top. Just makes me think that for season 2007 theres going to be one massive void that is going to need to be filled and to be honest I cant see anyone with a contract for next year having even the slightest hope of coming close to filling it.
    Its a shame Senna never got a chance to retire on top of the heap.
    Edit... maybe Michael mite be able to drag Ralf with him, he has to be THE most over rated driver in the feild and seriously the guy is just trading on his name. That seat should have a driver in it of the likes of Piquet jnr or a Hamilton in it. Not just a bum.
    Last edited by Daz27; 09-16-2006 at 12:30 PM.
    Serial Pest
    05 Forever

He seems like he still has some fight left in him. I think it was too early.
    2011 Honda Civic Si

ATHEIST and damn proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daz27
    (touch wood)
    I know this is spam, but It's "knock on wood" not touch it. That sounds a little weird.

The right call. He's been at the top for years now - time to give somebody else a go.

Best to bow out on a high. Should be an awesome final couple of rounds this year
    I am a New Zealander, and I hate Greg Murphy. Yes, we exist.

I think he made the right choice. It's better to end on a high-note while contending for the championship rather than racing on for years and potentially end in a slump. Hell, he's got every record in the book, there's nothing else to worry about.

Who??

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella
    I think he made the right choice. It's better to end on a high-note while contending for the championship rather than racing on for years and potentially end in a slump. Hell, he's got every record in the book, there's nothing else to worry about.
    I totaly agree with that.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Thread Information