Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UCP Bicycle thread

UCP Bicycle thread

This week I found out where I belong in this big universe, and it's on two wheels. Sorry guys, but it doesn't even have an engine. But don't dismiss me yet, because as soon as possible I will invest in something that we all love and are not female. But for the moment I think a bike is the right for me.

I've been riding for four years, just for fun, and I will continue with this, but maybe on a new bike. I've noticed that some of you also share my passion and it would be nice to know who you are and where/what you ride. So let’s share some pictures, stories, knowhow or movie-links in this thread

I'll start with some pics and a link I got from Cyco mountainbike photos and videos
    My bike is an Giant XTC 860 2002 that I use in Bymarka, Trondheim. I'd love to try some DH soon though

No motorbikes allowed in this thread.

Excuse my English because I just had a couple of Newcastle Brown Ales (I don’t have lectures tomorrow and this is just the 3rd week in the semester, so I think I will be riding tomorrow ).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Klemmel; 09-01-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Edit: Put a d into Tron(d)heim

I got only one left, my rusty, old, lightless, fenderless, comfortless grandma bike for the pub drives. Only for drinking I make an exception and get voluntarily tired

i've got a bike, not sure what it's called
    picked it up for about $5 second hand
    it's got front shocks, 21 gears
    Last edited by 092326001; 09-01-2008 at 03:23 PM.

I have a "magna"(?), I think. 21 speeds. Anything below 2and4 can only be used for pedalling up vertical cliffs, but because the shifter doesn't work i leave it in 3and7 and hope it builds my leg strength. Though it is an offroad bike, I've only taken it on a few dirt trails, i guess I'm an suv driver of the bike world I live near to part of the Angeles National Forest, eaton canyon, and I think there are a couple of trails. tey aren't too difficult though, fortunatley, cuz I'm not a very good offroad rider.'
    EDIT: unfortunatly today is my last day of summer vacation so I'll be doing a lot less riding, but if I do go on a bike adventure ill take some pictures.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 09-01-2008 at 03:48 PM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

This thread somewhat turned into a bike thread:

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...-roam-dvd.html

Love biking, if you see my "streaks" thread I'm on the 5th of 30 days I'm going to bike.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Klemmel View Post

No motorbikes allowed in this thread.
    Hey, that reminds me, have any of you driven the Ducati Multistrada?
    "The Metric System is the tool of the Devil! My car gets 40 Rods to the Hogshead and that's the ways I likes it!" -Grandpa Simpson

I sold my bicycle the day I got my license. That was a bad move, I'm not in a very good shape now. I'm considering buying another one, but that will be in May since winter is coming... I miss going for rides in the woods!
    Reginald *IB4R* says:
    it was a beautiful 35 seconds.
    David says:
    that's what she said

New bike on the way for me, will post some pics when the Italians have had their way with the fibres of carbon....
    Chief of Secret Police and CFO - Brotherhood of Jelly
    No Mr. Craig, I expect you to die! On the inside. Of heartbreak. You emo bitch

Used to ride alot, Dont anymore.

Bike is still in the shed though. I used to downhill - got some nasty scars still.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

i guess i'd be the Porsche driver of cyclists! or maybe BMW for my arrogant riding style.
    I ride a Giant OCR1 Road bike. It's fast and handles well. It's got an aluminum frame with carbon fork and seat post. 30 speeds and some super skinny 700c x 23 tires, Continental tires to be exact. Clipless pedals and the whole deal. It's fast, i've taken it up to around 37 mph down a hill. i go for rides anywhere from 20-50 miles long. I ride long and i ride hard averaging speeds from 15-18 mph. i wanna keep getting better and better, i enjoy it and love it. i can't wait to get a motorcycle license and i wanna road race my bike too.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Good to see some cyclists on this website!

I've got a Kona Deluxe Road Bike. It has the meanest looking forks on any bikes I've seen, and glow in the dark writing, on the triangular (rather than tubular) frame. It's probably not a very good bike, but it is a very very cool bike!

I was thinking about getting an inexpensive road (not mountain) bike for long biking journeys. Any recommendations? Preferably very lightweight and an easy ride.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I was thinking about getting an inexpensive road (not mountain) bike for long biking journeys. Any recommendations? Preferably very lightweight and an easy ride.
    i had a bike called a NEXT MAKO that would match that perfectly. Cheap, reliable, midsize (20in) and comfortable.

But i ride now more-so BMX. not a whole lot though. i need to get back into shape n all. but heres my bike

MirraCo Blend1
    20in Wide Snafu 100psi tires.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 70cuda88 View Post
    i had a bike called a NEXT MAKO that would match that perfectly. Cheap, reliable, midsize (20in) and comfortable.
    Can't tell too well by the picture but I was thinking skinny tires, high seat, thin frame.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

heres my bike
    The Datto will rage again...

Thread Information