Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Northeast Snow!

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Sometimes when I'm in a morbid mood I think of how people back home in LA would react to and drive in this.
    LA people can't do cloudy days. let alone heavy rain and snow. go to tahoe and you see how californians do in snow, it aint pretty.
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    LA people can't do cloudy days. let alone heavy rain and snow. go to tahoe and you see how californians do in snow, it aint pretty.
    I've seen more than my fair share of carnage on rainy days, so I think I'll pass.
    EDIT: "Hmm, my brakes are pulsing and I'm not slowing down as quickly as usual. Why don't I yank the emergency brake?"
    Cut to: Corolla riding up center divider.
    Last edited by f6fhellcat13; 02-24-2010 at 09:05 AM.
    "Kimi, can you improve on your [race] finish?"
    "No. My Finnish is fine; I am from Finland. Do you have any water?"

Quote Originally Posted by coolieman1220 View Post

I want to go to whiteface. how is it. i hear there is good skiing there but i havn't made it that far north yet. one day!

people can't drive regularly you expect them to do it right in the snow? they can't do rain either. thats why we have accidents.

Whiteface is hands down the best skiing in the park. It probably won't be disappointing.

People that drive up here can handle snow quite well. It can be the worst storm ever and my commute will only get pushed back about 5 minutes.
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    I don't check on it unless I hear of an upcoming snowstorm or blizzard. Right now they're predicting around 2 feet for my area slightly northwest of NYC with 50+ mph winds and power outages. Next week there may be another blizzard with similar snowfall.

zomg global warming
    Singular events don't dictate trends.

Quote Originally Posted by f6fhellcat13 View Post
    Sometimes when I'm in a morbid mood I think of how people back home in LA would react to and drive in this.
    The only thing is, they actually need the rain.

Quote Originally Posted by cmcpokey View Post
    It is pretty hilarious. I still remember when I was living down there and we had a 22(!) car pileup in a 35mph zone during the first rain of the year. It was right in front of my school and it blocked the only exit, but the lulz were worth the delay.

Snow is even funnier. You see so many people putting chains on the wrong tires, or getting stuck on flat stretches of road with only a little bump in the ice where they stopped. "It's floored but we aren't going anywhere zomg!"
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    It is pretty hilarious. I still remember when I was living down there and we had a 22(!) car pileup in a 35mph zone during the first rain of the year. It was right in front of my school and it blocked the only exit, but the lulz were worth the delay.

Snow is even funnier. You see so many people putting chains on the wrong tires, or getting stuck on flat stretches of road with only a little bump in the ice where they stopped. "It's floored but we aren't going anywhere zomg!"
    My cousin was on a business trip in Las Vegas when it snowed a little bit. Too bad the whole city had 3 plows. Madness ensued.

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    My cousin was on a business trip in Las Vegas when it snowed a little bit. Too bad the whole city had 3 plows. Madness ensued.
    The Tri Cities in eastern Washinton is like that. They got a little snow, had no plows, and ended up using construction equipment. The resulting damage to the roads made and broke quite a few local politicians careers.
    Big cities suck

"Not putting miles on your Ferrari is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend." -Napolis

Quote Originally Posted by wwgkd View Post
    The Tri Cities in eastern Washinton is like that. They got a little snow, had no plows, and ended up using construction equipment. The resulting damage to the roads made and broke quite a few local politicians careers.
    Eastern Washington? Isn't that quite far up north? It should get snow, no?

My buddies and I are working on completing an igloo. The yellow bucket in the picture if roughly a foot high and 2 feet wide, for comparison. And the entrance I'd say is 3 feet x 3 feet. This thing will be a behemoth when finished. Then it's party time inside the igloownage.

It should fit 15-20 standing adults when done.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    Eastern Washington? Isn't that quite far up north? It should get snow, no?
    Most of eastern Washington does. For some reason that part rarely does. It gets cold enough, there's just never any moisture at the same time.

Nice Rockefella. Inspired me to post some from my days at UI. None quite that big, though.

First one has stairs up, and you can actually walk around on the top. Second is just two with a connecting tunnel. Third is a snowman impaled by a lightpole, with coolaid "blood" for added effect. On the last two I didn't think to take a picture until after they had melted a bit, but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Big cities suck

how much snow did you end up getting damian?
    Honor. Courage. Commitment. Etcetera.

Re: Northeast Snow!

~18 inchez
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe.
    I'd build an igloo but I'm such a wuss when it comes to winter weather. You guys are pretty good at that!
    Buddy: 1998-2009
    Mah boi, UCP is what all true warriors strive for!
    PINGAS!!!!

Re: Northeast Snow!

We added another layer of blocks to up the height by about 2 feet now everyones lost motivation and doubt we'll cap it. I won't give up though. On another note someone up the block from me built a two story snowman that was featured on NBC 4 ny news. I'll try to get a pic of it later.
    Rockefella says:
    pat's sister is hawt
    David Fiset says:
    so is mine
    David Fiset says:
    do want

My buddies and I
    Then it's party time inside the igloownage.
    That's some gay shit right there.

Thread Information