Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • American

21 32.31%
  • European

44 67.69%
Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: American Cars VS European Cars

but amrcan cars ARE HEAVY and cant handle when british cars are not. german cars are in between.
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Quote Originally Posted by ZeTurbo
    but amrcan cars ARE HEAVY and cant handle when british cars are not. german cars are in between.
    like matra said, depends on the roads. european roads, american cars will have to go incredibly slowly because of their size for some, and some physics matra knows, but i forget at the moment. BUT, on american roads, european cars are crabmeat against things like the viper and vette.
    there was a huuuuge discussion about this, it was one of the matra vs slicks things. ask matra, he knows more about the physics aspect then i do.
    "I'd hate to die twice. It's so boring" - Richard Feynman, last recorded words.

I rest my case... Is that a joke I cant tell? if its not a joke its sad you think that.

[QUOTE=CdocZBUT, on american roads, european cars are crabmeat against things like the viper and vette.
    [/QUOTE]

On american roads everybody is limited to 75 mph.
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

[QUOTE=henk4]
    Quote Originally Posted by CdocZBUT, on american roads, european cars are crabmeat against things like the viper and vette.
    [/QUOTE

On american roads everybody is limited to 75 mph.
    Here we have 110kph but we do test it
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

Quote Originally Posted by Slicks
    I rest my case... Is that a joke I cant tell? if its not a joke its sad you think that.
    it is not a joke.

i dont see how it is sad.

it is wellknown that amirican cars are bigger than anywhere else,
    bigger size =bigger weight, its not rocket science

and european cars are lighter because they are smaller, therefore less weight.they also have stiffer chassis and stiffer suspensions because they drive in roads where they need those things. american cars do not, and are therefore not better better handelling cars than europeans....

tell me how it is sad...
    Who killed the Electric Car?
    GO HABS GO!

Not all American cars are heavy, for example the new Corvette z06 weighs 3100lbs and carries a 7.0L-500hp (OHV small block V8), and weighs 80lbs less then the F430 which carries a much smaller 4300cc high revver. And the z06 gets an estimated EPA fuel economy mpg of 18city/22highway, much better then f360, 430, F575m, 911 GT2,911Turbo, and ford gt.
    In US ,like the previous, the current vette (c6) with the 6.0L 400hp LS2 -supposedly the same as the monaro and vxr doesn't get the gas guzzler tax due to its EPA rating of 23 mpg. And the F360 does have a gas guzzler tax along with the ford gt .

* The "Chevy Small Block" the United Statesian best muscle car motors. Over the HEMI and Ford flathead

F430 weight 3197lbs/1450kg

it is not a joke.

i dont see how it is sad.

it is wellknown that amirican cars are bigger than anywhere else,
    bigger size =bigger weight, its not rocket science

and european cars are lighter because they are smaller, therefore less weight.they also have stiffer chassis and stiffer suspensions because they drive in roads where they need those things. american cars do not, and are therefore not better better handelling cars than europeans....

tell me how it is sad...
    See CoventrySucks, he wasnt joking...
    Its sad because it very untrue.

Bigger size doesnt always mean bigger weight, look at materials used.
    Lets take a look at performance cars, since it doesnt matter what family sedans weigh.
    Corvette C6 3200lbs (claimed one of the stiffest performance chassis)
    Porsche 911 (997) 3200lbs (hmm, the corvette is bigger too)
    BMW M3 3400lbs
    (heh, just for fun) Camaro Z28/SS 3400lbs (much longer then BMW)
    Mustang GT/Mach1 3400lbs
    Mosler MT900S 2100lbs
    Saleen S7 2700-2900lbs
    Factory Five GTM Mulsanne -2200lbs

heavy weights
    Ferrari 612 4000+lbs
    almost all Aston Martins - 3700-4100lbs
    Bentlys - 4000+lbs
    RR 4000-5000+lbs (probably one of the heaviest production cars made...)
    Jaguars 3700-4000+lbs
    Im not going to even mention lamborghini...

Obveously not all American cars are "heavy" or heavier than European cars. Typical dumb stereotype...

Hi SLicks, I DO agree with you it is bad to stereotype.

I have to add though that you've "stereotyped" on Eureopan sports cars too.
    You KNOW how big the list is of cars that weigh nearly HALF of what you've listed above

So for European cars available in the US, you're 100% no debate. As we've gone over before it's a shame that you guys aren't allowed to enjoy "real" sportscars

AND in the heavy weights, you seemed to have missed out all the American performance sedans. Coz those arent' "sportcars"

I'll investigate why UCP deleted the text, as I'm sure you woudl have retained a balance and intended to list all the American tanks. That danged nasty UCP software, it does that sometimes
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Quote Originally Posted by Matra et Alpine
    Hi SLicks, I DO agree with you it is bad to stereotype.

I have to add though that you've "stereotyped" on Eureopan sports cars too.
    You KNOW how big the list is of cars that weigh nearly HALF of what you've listed above
    I know there are very many light european performance cars, but Im showing him the heavier ones. Also Im trying to get ones that match the power of the american cars.
    AND in the heavy weights, you seemed to have missed out all the American performance sedans. Coz those arent' "sportcars"
    Again, I was showing him heavy european cars, seeing that it seems he doesnt think that those exsist.
    Here are some heavy performance cars from the US
    CTS-V 3800lbs
    300C SRT-8 4100lbs
    06 Charger R/T (est) 4000lbs
    STS-V 4200lbs
    Thats still not saying much, most of the Euro performance sedans are just as heavy or heavier. I also forgot to add Maserati(3700lbs) to my other list...
    I'll investigate why UCP deleted the text, as I'm sure you woudl have retained a balance and intended to list all the American tanks. That danged nasty UCP software, it does that sometimes
    While you at it see if all the heavy MB's were deleted...

I know there are very many light european performance cars, but Im showing him the heavier ones. Also Im trying to get ones that match the power of the american cars.
    So to be "balanced" shouldn't you list the heavy American "sportscars" too ?
    That's all I was saying.
    JUST listing the light OR the heavy isn';t helpful. Now that you've added more we can see it.
    Recognising the "balance" is better in a comparison.
    Still ahven't seen any of those "light" Eureopan sportscars to compare with those "light" American sportscars - THEN it woudl be enlightening (!!! )
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

Slicks lad....

Lets face it, you live in the Worlds biggest joke.
    "It feels loud, fast and scary. It feels like someone has torn off your arm and is beating you to death with the soggy end." Clarkson talking about a TVR.

Are you refering to 2liter 500lb diesel commuter go carts, as the light weight sports cars we are missing out on, when you say real sports cars, or TVRs and Lotus's. What "real" sports cars are you refering to?

See CoventrySucks, he wasnt joking...
    Its sad because it very untrue.

heavy weights
    Ferrari 612 4000+lbs
    almost all Aston Martins - 3700-4100lbs
    Bentlys - 4000+lbs
    RR 4000-5000+lbs (probably one of the heaviest production cars made...)
    Jaguars 3700-4000+lbs
    Im not going to even mention lamborghini...

Obveously not all American cars are "heavy" or heavier than European cars. Typical dumb stereotype...
    It is TRUE, FACT, that the most popular, and therefore the most commonly owned American cars are big SUVs and trucks, and the average family car is bigger than the typical European family car (Focus/Golf sized).

These cars ARE bigger and ARE heavier.

They DO have softer suspension settings and more cushioning rides because that is what people want.

You pull out some figures representing a small total of either regions car outputs to "prove" your point.

Well, since you can get countless Caterham, Westfield, Radical type cars that weigh less than 500kg that must "prove" all European cars are lighter?

Of course there are cars in the USA that are light, and cars in Europe that are heavy, but how many people own a 2500+kg Rolls Royce or Bentley in comparison to a 1200kg Ford Focus.

How many people in America own a 950kg Mosler in comparison to a 2000kg F150?

You'd accept the phrase "Americans aren't astronauts" because a very, very small percentage of the population have actually been in space.

Why not "American cars are heavy" when the top three best selling cars in the USA are all 2000kg trucks, and very few are Moslers, Saleen S7s, Corvettes or even Mustangs.

Thanks for all the fish

Thread Information