Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Dodge Charger Police Interceptor.

Quote Originally Posted by CdocZ
    Sounds like they hated chasing you too
    I think they actually enjoy it, they have nothing better to do.

American police are funny.

They only ever seem to stop anyone because of three reasons (going by programmes featuring Sheriff John Burnell; he's a laugh...)

1 - Lack of driver talent. Criminal reaches a corner, runs out of talent, the end
    2 - Lack of intelligence. Criminal drives into field, the end
    3 - Breakage. Pile of crap getaway car fall to bits, usu. accelerated by introduction of spike strips.

I swear the only things you'd need to get away from American police is a 1/2 decent car and some skill.

The only times I can recall having seen a Police cruiser "stop" a fleeing criminal is using the "Pitt" manouver.

Great fun watching them pivoting criminals into other, innocent, people's cars at 50mph+ on the highway, or into innocent people's houses in residential areas...

I saw some footage of the Police chasing a "high powered, state of the art spots car" which was getting away untill no. 1 happened.

It was a 1970s Porsche 911 with probably less than 200 bhp
    Thanks for all the fish

I see cop chases all the time, there always beat down pieces of junk the cops are chacing. I wanna see someone with talent get their hands on a Enzo or something and the cops have to bring out their "secret weaopon", a Hummer H2 with 1000 horsepower. (Or was it a rocket launcher? either way it's gonna be aweosme )

i would like to see a talented driver, say chris attkinson, mark webber, or skaife (from australia) take their fav road cars, say skaifes was i duno R8 or something, attkinson STI tuned or something
    and just see how well the cops go against them. high speed safe in the NT or something.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

doing it in the NT wouldn't prove anything except to show how much slower cops cars are than normal sports cars, you'd have to do it round closed streets
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

And even then Webbers favourite car's the BMW M6, so what would it take to catch someone in one of those, let alone a Formula 1 driver in one
    I am the Stig

Make them drive the XR6 and SV6 Then let the cops go on them with the XR8 and SS.
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

[QUOTE=Quiggs]Oi vey, another set of headlights to memorize for night driving... Can't wait till these are up or auction in 5 years.

PIECE OF $h*t. they wont catch me........what they need is some nice colorful pintos to take the place for cop cars...........
    Last edited by Niko_Fx; 04-12-2005 at 03:05 PM.

You have such nice policecars in the US, all kinds of Dodge and Ford and Chevy's... I live in the Netherlands in one of the bigger citys, and our "helping hand" is driving Mitsubishi Spacestars and Opel (Vauxhall) Vectra's...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The best thing about this is that you know that it has to come from a country where drugs is legal"

Top Gear on the Vandenbrink Carver One

Mainly around here the only cruisers we have are new chevy impalas and ford crown victorias. There isn't that much variety.
    "We went to Wnedy's. I had chicken nuggest." ~ Quiggs

Californian by nature, living in Teggsas.
    Yeah, mostly we have the Ford Crown Vics; they're pretty much the only vehicles that are being fleet equipped for cops aside from the Impys which make pretty lousy cop cars, IMHO. But the California Highway Patrol does have some Camaro Z/28's that they bust out for the high speed pursuits.

People rarely get a way from the police. The reason you don't see them really end a chase is because pretty much every police jurisdiction has instructions not to do it that way. So, you usually see them bust out the spike strips or hope the bad guy does something stupid instead. But with helicopters in pursuit, it would be pretty hard to really actually get away.
    An it harm none, do as ye will

Approximately 79% of statistics are made up.

About time, those Crown Vics were getting a bit long in the tooth.

Not a chop.

Last edited by bum-man; 04-12-2005 at 04:35 PM.
    1977 Mercedes-benz 240D 4-speed with 500k miles

to Niko

Nice cars, they don't deserve them.

I hate cops.

Most people that hate cops are pot smoking drug users who break the law on a daily basis... otherwise they don't bother you. They don't bother me..

They already have some mean cars here in Ga, so its just a bit worse. They have new Mustang GTs and the occasional vette.

This Thread is OVER a year Old????

Why????? Oh WHY!!!!!????
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Thread Information