Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Best american car ever made

the best american car/s would have to be the Ford GT40, the shelby cobra based on the british classic and the the shelby mustang 500. classic cars.
    Just under ten seconds, just call it nine point five in round figures! : Murray Walker.

Quote Originally Posted by the real deal
    the best american car/s would have to be the Ford GT40, the shelby cobra based on the british classic and the the shelby mustang 500. classic cars.
    See the Best British list, the GT40 was designed in UK

The Mustang 500 gets my vote as best looking, the Viper as best I've sat in.
    "A woman without curves is like a road without bends, you might get to your destination quicker but the ride is boring as hell'

My vote goes to the 1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up

i think the best american car made would have to be the 1991 ford festiva because in the manual it stated "warning: vehicle may be dented by strong winds" that just shows that ford makes sure they produce good quality vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by SOILWORK GSX
    i think the best american car made would have to be the 1991 ford festiva because in the manual it stated "warning: vehicle may be dented by strong winds" that just shows that ford makes sure they produce good quality vehicles.
    Standerd procedure when being sarcastic is to include a smilie on both end sides. For example, with X being the sarcastic part: X . And if you're not being sarcastic... (shudder)

Quote Originally Posted by carlover
    Standerd procedure when being sarcastic is to include a smilie on both end sides. For example, with X being the sarcastic part: X . And if you're not being sarcastic... (shudder)
    i got it even without the smiles, but do ford festivas actually dent in strong winds?
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Thumbs up

ya honest to god it says that lol just like in many motorcycle manuals it states do not use shell gas as it may damage engine.... u think ford and shell are in corporation with each other?

Dodge Viper, Mustang, Original GT40, Corvette, all represent American Motoring at its best. Its hard to say what is the best, all of them are greats.

Shelby GT500 1967

I think that the best american car ever made is Shelby GT500 1967. This car is more agressive than standart Mustang, it has very powerfull engine. But there were too much other beautiful cars like Corvette, Viper, Cobra, Camaro... I love them too.

Cobra Daytona Coupe

You all seem to forget one of the monsters of American history. The Cobra Daytona Coupe was the car to beat in the sixties. Granted its limited run of five race cars makes it a bit out of reach for the average car person, but they are street legal.

In the Mushmobile category the 1960 Cadillac convertible takes the cake. There's something to be said for a slow moving, indestructable, chunk of steel.

Chevrolet Corvette "Callaway" - SledgeHammer

When AMG made the "Worlds Fastest Sedan", based on the E-Series and called it "The Hammer"; a few months later the "Sledge-Hammer" above was released. http://www.callawaycars.com/Corvette...er_article.htm

898 horsepower; 6200 rpm in fifth Overdrive equals 254.76 mph!

Any arguments, re-read the article...
    We work to live, and to live is to drive a BMW 330i at speed.

https://www.facebook.com/BMW330iMSport/

How's this for a Yank Tank, the 1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille:

My grandfather used to have one. Overall length bumper-to-bumper is approximately 19.5 feet. You could have played a football game on the trunk lid and another one on the hood.

Quote Originally Posted by cls12vg30
    How's this for a Yank Tank, the 1966 Cadillac Coupe DeVille:

My grandfather used to have one. Overall length bumper-to-bumper is approximately 19.5 feet. You could have played a football game on the trunk lid and another one on the hood.
    my grandpa had a 1960 Coupe Deville, i think they are sweet, despite their massive size.
    Last edited by Egg Nog; 10-17-2006 at 08:18 PM.
    Wenn Sie wissen wollen, was einen volkswagen ein volkswagen macht, treibt es.

Will you count a British Ford? I'll throw it out there even if it isn't trully American... RS200.

New Chevrolet Tahoe/Suburban
    International MXT/CXT
    Ford F-650
    Last edited by Drones; 09-11-2006 at 04:23 AM.

Thread Information