View Poll Results: Rate the 'Boring Factor' of the VE. **1 star being the MOST boring**

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll

15 15.63%

15 15.63%

12 12.50%

9 9.38%

5 5.21%
  • Screw you Adrenaline, this car ROCKS!!

40 41.67%
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New VE Pictures. Is it a Commodore or a Falcon???

it's certainly be a weird, fresh product if they did, and something that would have the Australian public responding in either joyful glee or croud's of disagreemant.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Yep it would be like merging Collingwood and Essendon together Strong team but both sides might fight all the time when they become one
    "Just a matter of time i suppose"

"The elevator is broke, So why don't you test it out"

"I'm not trapped in here with all of you, Your all trapped in here with me"

hahaha collingwood? they should be tossed aside for vultures to pick at them.
    House said the perfect woman was a man...now im all confused!!

What is a mile long and hasn't had sex?
    - The line for the PS3

Quote Originally Posted by SlickHolden
    In all honesty i don't think they ever will, But i do believe things with Toyota will make life harder for both the Aussies as Toyota will dominate the world soon.
    And maybe the only place to fight them and win is right here? Maybe a Tag team
    Theyve done it plenty of times before, why not again? Alot of things are indicating the VE will only match or slightly better the BF and Ford still have their full deck of cards after that.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho
    Theyve done it plenty of times before, why not again? Alot of things are indicating the VE will only match or slightly better the BF and Ford still have their full deck of cards after that.
    But what's to say the best of the VE isn't here just yet, Maybe it's 2 years away waiting for the new Falcon?
    But one thing tells me that with the BF they went not in look but noise reduction and refinement on the car, This must be there strategy for the VE they couldn't have it louder and harsher inside and out, So they reduced the noise and refined it more so it will atleast be as good a ride even if it might start to age in look after a wile it wont run like it.

i dont think theyd resort to playing games like that though, the market is becoming too weak for that. Look at all the flak the 380 is copping because its only "as good" as the Falcon in general areas, better in some but worse in alot more.
    I am the Stig

But also the 380 is late in arriving they should have had it here to fight the BA VY back in 02-03.

i know, but my point is the longer the local manufacturers make cars that are "as good" and not "better than", they havent got much hope. And from what's been leaked out so far such as the basic styling and such technical elements such as the supposed 230kg weight gain, im not confident VE will live up to exectation
    I am the Stig

Could be because the expectations are to high, Or people are just over the moon that a commodore will have a real fully independent IRS not a semi.
    One thing i think the VE wont do that the VZ did is it might loose some of it's track speed to become a bigger day to day car.

But even the 380 is based on a car that has been on the market for a wile, But for us Australianised over the Americanised base.

Well yes i think expectations are too high, and its got alot to do with the announement of becoming a GM platform so now everyone expects it to be of a certain quality and to meet world standards
    I am the Stig

Over in the U.S they think the Monaro is put together and is as good as any other GM car in the U.S, I think they are easy pleased
    We are tuffer on cars here i believe i think it's wrong to be like that.
    Like the 380 dam that cars cops some stick bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezath
    As far as I'm concerned, Commodores are dead. Sales are not going to raise enough again. Australians do not want brand-new fuel-guzzling large cars any more. The current Falcon model is probably the best Australian car made in the last 10 years, but it's sales are nothing exceptional at all. Australian large cars cannot be revived, lol
    Yeah just like 70s (before you were born probably ). New V8s use less fuel than 6s used to and new 6s are using less also. You want to know how dead Aussie large cars are?

Sales of small cars topped 200,000 for the first time in 2005. Still only 34% of the total passenger market. Despite the fact that sales of small cars rose 18.6 per cent and large cars fell 15.7 per cent Commodore was still the highest selling single model.

It aint over yet.
    "A string is approximately nine long."
    Egg Nogg 02-04-2005, 05:07 AM

Seems everyone is really looking forward to the VE and assuming it will be the best of the local Aussie sixes. We're all forgetting one car - which will be built in Australia - which doesn't have the hype surrounding it and may turn out to be the surprise of 2006.
    That car is to be shown at the Melbourne Motor Show and will be launched in August-September at the same time as the VE. Of course I'm referring to the replacement for the Toyota Camry V6 and Avalon - whatever name Toyota Australia will give it. Not much is known about this car expect that it will be based on the chassis of the US Avalon, will be front wheel drive, has been heavily Australianised and will be powered by a 3.5 litre V6 with similar power to the other three six clyinder cars built in Australia. Even the styling is a bit of a mystery - though probably similar to the US Avalon.
    Other than the VE, this will be the most important new car release this year - and there's no hype surrounding it - which could be a good thing. May be much, much better than we expect.
    UCP's biggest Ford Sierra RS500 and BMW M3 E30 fan. My two favourite cars of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by motorsportnerd
    Seems everyone is really looking forward to the VE and assuming it will be the best of the local Aussie sixes. We're all forgetting one car - which will be built in Australia - which doesn't have the hype surrounding it and may turn out to be the surprise of 2006.
    That car is to be shown at the Melbourne Motor Show and will be launched in August-September at the same time as the VE. Of course I'm referring to the replacement for the Toyota Camry V6 and Avalon - whatever name Toyota Australia will give it. Not much is known about this car expect that it will be based on the chassis of the US Avalon, will be front wheel drive, has been heavily Australianised and will be powered by a 3.5 litre V6 with similar power to the other three six clyinder cars built in Australia. Even the styling is a bit of a mystery - though probably similar to the US Avalon.
    Other than the VE, this will be the most important new car release this year - and there's no hype surrounding it - which could be a good thing. May be much, much better than we expect.
    the US avalon looks quite nice really, heaps better than ours... i guess we'll find out in a few weeks..

Havent they confirmed the Camry will only be sold in 4cyl form locally with the new model?
    I am the Stig

Thread Information