Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1311

Thread: What Game Are You Playing?

I played Super Mario Bros on my NES last night because it's the 25th anniversary of the system (in the US, anyway). It's not so good on an LCD tv. Also I'm really rusty at it. I never had a NES as a kid though, I used to visit a friend to play it (but only occasionally.. she's a GIRL! GIRL GERMS! But worth risking for some mario goodness...) - my first console was a SNES.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by pimento View Post
    I played Super Mario Bros on my NES last night because it's the 25th anniversary of the system (in the US, anyway). It's not so good on an LCD tv. Also I'm really rusty at it. I never had a NES as a kid though, I used to visit a friend to play it (but only occasionally.. she's a GIRL! GIRL GERMS! But worth risking for some mario goodness...) - my first console was a SNES.
    Haha, how old are you...?

My first console was a SNES too. The next one afterwards was a PS2. Quite a leap.

Then a Wii and a PS3.

I finished Valkyria Chronicles. I like the art style mainly. The story... not so much.

I think the first game I played may well have been Commander Keen. That or Super Mario World on SNES, which was also my first system. My buddy's step brother had a NES we used to play. True story: he used to whip games across the room when they wouldn't work and this sometimes solved the problem.

I just played a bit of Halo: Reach single player. I was not very impressed. I was a big fan of the Halo series in the day - played 1 and 2 a lot. Never got a 360, but played a bit of ODST and thought it was pretty poor. I hear the press are jerking off over Reach and I can't see why - maybe I need to play more? The multiplayer maybe is amazing? I dunno - the single player, based on the 45 or so minutes I played was nothing to write home about (and as a personal annoyance, the controls ain't the same as old school Halo and this threw me off - I was instinctively hitting the wrong buttons.) The space combat was laughably poor/boring.

Way back, we used to have Halo network parties at my buddies house - 3 Xboxes, 12 people at max. That was a blast - I don't really like where gaming has gone. I liked playing with my friends together in the same room.

I feel like a god-damn old man when it comes to commenting on games now. I guess my criticism has to be taken with a caveat - as you may have heard me say before, I have been massively turned off by games in the past 5 years. I never saw this happening, but they don't entertain me as they once did. I see all sorts of new games - specifically, sequels - that change very little and get 9+/10s from the gaming press. I guess it's hard to make a sequel that does anything very different, but somehow I feel that developers are essentially putting out the same game for years with only minor tweaks.

I mean, I haven't been in on the gaming scene too much, but isn't this the case? How do you guys feel about the differences between COD games, or the last 3 Halos?

I haven't liked a game in a while either. I have Shadow of the Colossus, which I hear is amazing, but I'm only about the 8th boss in.

I need to finish that. I don't like COD type games- they're all about the same- shoot everyone on the field.

You're right- I genuinely liked Valkyria Chronicle's art direction, but the story and gameplay... not so much. But it got very rave reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post

Way back, we used to have Halo network parties at my buddies house - 3 Xboxes, 12 people at max. That was a blast - I don't really like where gaming has gone. I liked playing with my friends together in the same room.
    try this now with firefight mode, great fun.
    have yet to try mp yet. hear there are some really cool online game modes and daily challenges.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Online is actually pretty fresh and imaginative,

Game mode selection is voted for by the people playing from 3 randomly selected styles in the lobby.

There are some great maps; unlike Bad Company / Modern Warfare Halo players don't care about realism etc. So they are good challenging maps that can be more imaginative in their structures and layouts.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Minecraft.net

Amazing game is amazing.
    Miscommunication seems to be a direct result of misplaced, text based sarcasm.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    They need to make a Halo map based on this:
    Dungeons

Except you're still trying to kill each other too. If you die, you're out of the game, it would be a survival game. If you get killed by another player, step in the wrong spot, stand next to the wrong thing, go in the wrong room, etc, you are dead.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Metroid: Other M. Oh god, the cutscenes! WHYY?!

Action's pretty good though.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

bahaha.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpFjPUuVOA&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdpFjPUuVOA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Play in game by racing mouses))

Mass Effect, finally gave in and bought it on Steam, planning to finish it and buy the sequel and play that too....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

PS3 and Xbox

I'm playing Gran Turismo and Underground because I like racing games. I also like fighting games like Tekken 6BR and RPG like Final Fantasy XIII.

I just rented Halo Reach and beat it in two days on normal difficulty. Not a bad game, but much too short like what seems to be the trend nowadays.
    Although online gaming is fun, and that seems to be the focus of today's games, I do think they should make their single player/co-op story mode campaigns longer. That's mostly what I'm into, and two days to beat a game just isn't kosher. Its a big reason why I'm such a fan of Fallout 3. It took me ages to finish.
    Looking forward to the release of New Vegas come Tuesday.

Other than that, just the usual hours on end behind Forza III.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitdy View Post
    I mean, I haven't been in on the gaming scene too much, but isn't this the case? How do you guys feel about the differences between COD games, or the last 3 Halos?
    Yea, its all just to bring out new maps to keep fueling the online scene, where most gaming is taking place. They don't much care for guys like us that are stuck in the past, where gaming was more of a private thing... much like masturbating, but not quite on that level because you wouldn't sit and do that with 12 other people.
    Last edited by DesmoRob; 10-13-2010 at 11:57 PM.

Thread Information