Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another GTR flaw.

Body damage is never covered by warranty. It's an insurance thing. Nissan's liability lies with the mechanical side of the car.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Land of hockey, maple syrup, and hot white chicks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    I mean, if i buy a 911 Turbo i'm not buying it to drive it to the supermarket, and if i do take it to the supermarket rest assured i'll get there worryingly fast.
    QUOTE OF THE YEAR...

LOL

used to thing the GTR was mad Haxor, now i think its SOFT...

PORSCHE FTW!!!

AND SCREW BIG BROTHER!!
    Be polite, Be professional, Be prepared to kill...

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    After reading that...I would never buy this car. What is Nissan doing? Do they want people to drive the car or not?
    I think you'd already made that decision before the car was even launched.

I highly doubt Nissan is the first manufacturer to start voiding warranty on cars that went on a track. Ive heard of countless reports of manufacturers sending people out to drag strips and taking down number plates of all the new cars there and seeing what warranties can be void.

Those 2 quotes youve provided dont match up either. The "real" quote mentions nothing of the warranty being instantly void when you step onto a race track, rather any damage caused wont be covered. Whilst its possible to argue any track time would put increased stress on the car and its components, decreasing their lifespan, its nowhere near as sensationalist as what Cardomain make out.
    I am the Stig

An Interesting topic would be car warrantees and tracking. I am not sure which side I should take. As someone who tracks there Viper VERY often I have to say I wouldn't buy a car that doesn't have a warranty after it's been tracked. It just wouldn't make sense to me. As a business man and my political beliefs believe a business should be able to do whatever they want with there warranties. If they don't want to warranty track time it should be there right to do so.

Is it a good business decision? I don't know. I know that very few people track there cars. And that most people that buy performance vehicles will probably drive them a few thousand miles a year on the street. But they want the illusion of thinking if they got the balls to track it they could. Warranty issues might crush that illusion. Part of my business thinking says take the hit on track days and autocross warrantees. Because the people who track there cars are few and far between. It probably won’t cost you too much. And then all the people who drive it normal on the street can feel better about there cars. And more cars will be sold.

Then the other part says screw that take the millions you save in warranty voids and pocket that as profits.

93 Dodge Viper (Sold)
    My Videos http://www.youtube.com/early93viper

Does the nav system know if your on the track or in the infield? It would suck so bad to loose a warranty for being a spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbo.Jenkens View Post
    Does the nav system know if your on the track or in the infield? It would suck so bad to loose a warranty for being a spectator.
    You make a very good point there.
    UCP's BSG Nerd and a resident Freerider.
    flickr page:http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaru72/

Nothing under warrenty should be damaged while the car is parked. Insurance would cover that.
    Warrenty against nissans build quality, product lifespan etc is whats at play, not wether you crash, but wether your crankshaft cuts loose and does damage are.
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Does another manufacturer cover you warranty wise outside of normal driving circumstances? while the GT-R is a performance oriented vehicle it's still a Nissan, and is covered by the same policies as other Nissans.

The others are right though, jumping on hater bandwagons is fun.

OMFG TEH GT-R IS TEh SUX0RS!1!!!1 IT R MAED OF FAILZ!
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

I don't think ANY manufacturer would cover you under warranty if you broke some warranty items on track....BUT most manufacturers wouldn't know you've been there....
    University of Toronto Formula SAE Alumni 2003-2007
    Formula Student Championship 2003, 2005, 2006
    www.fsae.utoronto.ca

Quote Originally Posted by Rotary.freak View Post
    ...I think it's more of a crashing thing that they're worried about because it'd be a mess to fix a GTR if it slams into a wall upwards of 120mph..
    Well, we don't have to worry about that, because it can't exceed 111 mph.
    i was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came. all the billion other moments, were just slipping all away. i must have been tripping, we're just slipping all away. just ego tripping.

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post
    the other flaw was a top speed limited to 111mph...which makes no sense for a "performance orientated car...especially one claiming to target the 911"

some argued with me on that one...and I understand...but now you cant even do it on the track without losing the warranty...which is doubly retarded

dont get me wrong I think the car is sweet looking and has alot of great power...but they shouldnt be doing this to the car
    Im not sure what the warranty is for other cars regarding competition use, but I know with dirt bikes if their used for competition the warranty is limited.

If its a a occassional trackday then thats rubbish,

havent heard of this 111mph speed limit is that for all GTRs or just japanese ones, how have the ones that have been punted round the track quickly -over11mph overcome this function ??
    SA IPRA cars 15, 25, 51 & 77
    Sharperto Racing IP Corollas
    http://www.sharperto.com.au/

i believe the GT-R has done more than 111mph in the quarter mile, so who knows if thats really true.

as far as the warranty thing goes, nissan is just warning you in an easier way than other manufacturers, i mean if GM knew that people were racing their ZO6's and ZR-1's, am sure they'd prolly void their warranty, they just don't know, nissan was smart enough to implement it. its like modding a car, doing a pulley swap on a 03-04 cobra will more than likely void your warranty if ford finds out you did.
    1993 nissan 240sx hatchback(stock) <<drifter, straight liner, road courser

"Horsepower is the force that determines how fast you hit the wall. Torque is the force that determines how far you take the wall with you after you hit it."

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races" - Carroll Shelby

"Real cars don't make power at the front wheels....they lift them."

The GT-R is not limited to 111mph...

It does the 1/4 mile at 120mph+

Top gear has driven it to 190mph

Also this story about the voided warranty sounds abit fishy.

Nissan warranty doesn't cover damages (that would be insurance) it covers build defects.

If you crash at a track you wouldn't be able to claim it on warranty regardless of who makes it. However if the engine suddenly explodes, or the turbos decide to eat their own turbines then I could understand that that should probably be covered by warranty (as long as the car was not abused).

In which case:

LOL! GT-R SuXXors!
    Power, whether measured as HP, PS, or KW is what accelerates cars and gets it up to top speed. Power also determines how far you take a wall when you hit it
    Engine torque is an illusion.

I have started a revolution.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by RacingManiac View Post
    I don't think ANY manufacturer would cover you under warranty if you broke some warranty items on track....BUT most manufacturers wouldn't know you've been there....
    simply not true, you make a sports car, it doesn't matter where it gets thrashed if a warranty part breaks under spirited or normal driving, it gets replaced.
    porsche, who the GTR used to be targeting, is well aware of who goes to the track and whatnot (it's in the club magazine, for christs sake). they don't give two shits about it, they still honour the warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne View Post
    i believe the GT-R has done more than 111mph in the quarter mile, so who knows if thats really true.
    well presumably the GPS was able to recognise it was on a track, then
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Thread Information