Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Yet another GTR flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    s
    well presumably the GPS was able to recognise it was on a track, then
    Not sure if its true but I read elsewhere that this is the case

IIRC the GPS recognises circuit locations, which then enables you to deactivate the limiter when on track, albeit at the cost of your warranty. But again, I'm not at all sure if this is in any way factual info

Quote Originally Posted by Quiggs View Post
    I have started a revolution.

GTR SUXORS social group on the way?
    John says:
    so i had to dump acid into the block tank today
    i'm afraid to fap
    cause i got it on my hands

111mph is quite clearly the Japanese spec limiter, as it equates to just under 180km/h and is commonly known to be what almost all Japanese cars are limited to. Those that could actually break past that of course.
    I am the Stig

Quote Originally Posted by werty View Post

"A Japanese journalist reportedly had the following experience when test driving a pre-release model of the GT-R. As he approached the main entry gate of Suzuka International Circuit, the car’s GPS-equipped computer warned him in a pleasant voice that once he entered the circuit, the car’s warranty would be voided.
    I think that that could be the reason why?

Quote Originally Posted by NSXType-R View Post
    I think that that could be the reason why?
    STOP DEFENDING A SuXX0R CAR

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefella View Post
    STOP DEFENDING A SuXX0R CAR
    NEVAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!!

If you check evo Mag. issue 112 and read the ed speak it is pointed out that the limiter can be turned on or off by the car's sat-nav system.
    "Some days, you just can't get rid of a bomb!"
    "Life is short, drive fast!" - Lamborghini
    "How's that for a slice of fried gold?"
    "I'll take the case!" - Harvey Birdman

Quote Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
    If you check evo Mag. issue 112 and read the ed speak it is pointed out that the limiter can be turned on or off by the car's sat-nav system.
    right, it turns off when you go onto a track....but then your warranty turns off permanently as well...lol

this makes absolutely no sense for this car to have this "technology" in it

oh and ZR1 FTW
    UCP's NO. 1 Source for Enzo & 69 Camaro pic's

right, it turns off when you go onto a track....but then your warranty turns off permanently as well...lol

oh and ZR1 FTW
    It is really voided permanently or is it voided just during the track time?

If it's just during the track time then that is somewhat understandable; however, I still don't agree with it. This is basically discuraging taking this "sports car" to the track. I think that it's quite stupid, but it could pay dividends from a business standpoint. But for GTR owner's sake I hope that Nissan made the cars strong enough to make it through track days without any problems.

i'm guessing the US version will be a lot different, like no Nav to tell where race tracks are and def not a 111 mph limitier
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

Quote Originally Posted by fpv_gtho View Post
    111mph is quite clearly the Japanese spec limiter, as it equates to just under 180km/h and is commonly known to be what almost all Japanese cars are limited to. Those that could actually break past that of course.
    Yep. A brand-new WRX STI's limited to 118 m.p.h.
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

Just thinking about this, apart from a catastrophic manufacturing fault that would show itself before taking the car to a track, would not any engine issues following some track time likely to be the owner's fault? i.e Strapping it before it was warmed up, over revving the engine etc. It might be possible that Nissan has gotten sick of people claiming stuff on warranty when they're really just incapable of driving properly and/or properly maintaining the car.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    Just thinking about this, apart from a catastrophic manufacturing fault that would show itself before taking the car to a track, would not any engine issues following some track time likely to be the owner's fault? i.e Strapping it before it was warmed up, over revving the engine etc. It might be possible that Nissan has gotten sick of people claiming stuff on warranty when they're really just incapable of driving properly and/or properly maintaining the car.
    while it's the owners job to follow the manual, can't nissan detect when something cocked up due to improper maintenance on the car, given the amount of electronic nannies they seem to have on the car?
    if not, build it stronger, and stop the nanny-state rubbish nissan! build a solid car, or don't do it at all.
    Andreas Preuninger, Manager of Porsche High Performance Cars: "Grandmas can use paddles. They aren't challenging."

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    while it's the owners job to follow the manual, can't nissan detect when something cocked up due to improper maintenance on the car, given the amount of electronic nannies they seem to have on the car?
    if not, build it stronger, and stop the nanny-state rubbish nissan! build a solid car, or don't do it at all.
    Unfortunately, idiots always find a way to bring things and need to be saved from themselves.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

oh and ZR1 FTW
    We get it, you hate the car.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    What if it fails because you drive it fast on the road?
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Thread Information