Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Nissan GTR wins another Car and Driver review

Your point... that you've made many times already?

We know it's not the most awesome-est car by your standards already.

Some people will like it a lot, some won't. Just drop the subject already.

Besides, it lost in a comparison between the 911 Turbo, M3 and itself. Same magazine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Monarocountry
    GRRRRR...people like a car I don't like
    Fight the power dude, you must expose the Asian menace before anyone starts to enjoy it!

It's only 98% as good as you think it is Fanbois!!!
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

Different magazines get different results All. The. Time.

Things that can differ and affect the outcome:
    Track temp, ambient temp, humidity, wind, time of the year, driver skill, driver experience, driver preferences, car history, car mileage, car service history, how the car was run in, manufacturing tolerances, tyre condition and on and on and on. What's more important and useful from a review of a car is how the car went about posting it's time. Is it easy to get that time, was it driven right to it's limit, is it able to be driven consistently at it's limit, does it over or understeer, good powerdown or bad etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Just accept that Nissan hasn't been totally honest, some of the numbers they have come out with were too good to be true. It seems that as more and more people get their hands on the GTR (not the early versions) the worse their numbers get. In keeping with traditions, I call that these early versions were ringers.
    Who's to say the Z06, Viper and GT2 weren't "ringers"?

Also you better get used to hearing more negative news from me concerning the GTR. Afterall fanbois were more than happy to proclaim the GTR as the best and greatest and flooding the internet.
    And your reverse fanboyism is better how?
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

You know, as hard as it is to believe sometimes, if an Overhyped car is still better than the competition, it will win comparisons.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by IBrake4Rainbows View Post
    You know, as hard as it is to believe sometimes, if an Overhyped car is still better than the competition, it will win comparisons.
    Nevers.
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death...
    – Hunter Thompson

It's a shocking concept, That will likely cause tears in the very fabric of Internet forum argument creation 101.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

The Viper ACR as previously stated is basically a track car, the GT-R a GT.

So it lost on the track, maybe Nissan had ringers - I don't really care - if the car is good, it's good. Someone said it had runflats? What if it had nice sticky tires and was the Spec V version? It also has a lot less horsepower than the Viper.

It lost.

Whoopdee.

Also this puts into question how Car and Driver only managed a 2.01 around Buttonwillow when Road and Track achieved a 1:56.9.
    Steve Millen was piloting in the Road & Track article, I would expect him to be a better driver than whom ever C & D used. He is also a bit partial to Nissans.

I'd like to point out that yes, the ACR is obviously more focused, the GTR is not some nice cruising GT either. From the reviews i've read it is a very harsh ride.

GT-R guys are so faithfull..you just amaze me. Why does no one post about something like 'Logan wins another Sh*tcar magazine test'? Does their advertising policies work so well? Cause the car is nothing special, but everyone talks about it. It's like those emokids - you must be with them or against them, and no one just says 'I don't give a **** about them, cause I'm not interested'. Fashion?

Quote Originally Posted by faksta View Post
    GT-R guys are so faithfull..you just amaze me. Why does no one post about something like 'Logan wins another Sh*tcar magazine test'? Does their advertising policies work so well? Cause the car is nothing special, but everyone talks about it. It's like those emokids - you must be with them or against them, and no one just says 'I don't give a **** about them, cause I'm not interested'. Fashion?
    He was actually pointing out that because it won the test it's a rubbish car.

If that makes any sense...
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

It's not about him, it's about the GT-R guys

Quote Originally Posted by faksta
    What in the bloody heck are you talking about?
    Horsepower wins races. Torque pulls trailers.

http://www.nuerburgring.de/fileadmin/webcam/webcam.jpg <Live cast from the 'Ring.

It's not about him, it's about the GT-R guys
    Who would you classify as GT-R guys here?

I don't see anyone.

I think this:
    you just amaze me.
    is what have confused you. I wasn't referring to anyone on this forum, I just wanted to say what I think about all this situation, it was a phrase addressed to those virtual Skyline lovers. Change the word 'you' with the word 'they', and I hope everything will take its place for you. I hope

Thread Information