View Poll Results: saleen s7 or veyron what do you like better?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • saleen S7

8 29.63%
  • bugatti veyron

19 70.37%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: what is a better super car saleen s7 or veyron?

Quote Originally Posted by gtface
    You obviously have a very strong bias against american cars,
    You obviously suffer from an inferiority complex if that is your response.
    Thanks for all the fish

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    You obviously suffer from an inferiority complex if that is your response.
    Okay Mr Psychologist. Appearently you didn't read (or didn't understand?) the comment to which I was referring. More specifically, I was replying to this part:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ingolstadt
    One more thing thou, these Saleen S7 VS XXXXXX kinda thread would only happen in forums which are US based. Contrary to the Ferrari VS XXXX kinda thread. That sort of depicts how 'complete' the Saleen is.
    You don't see that this person has hostility toward American cars? It seems pretty obvious to me. Maybe I'm not quite clear on what he means by "US based". I assumed he was talking about the "american car" section of the forum (which this thread is obviously not a part of), but maybe he means that the whole forum is of US origin. I was always under the impression that this forum was created and maintained by Europeans. Anyway, it just seemed to me that he was taking a cheap shot at the S7 because it is American.

Anyway, it just seemed to me that he was taking a cheap shot at the S7 because it is American.
    He isn't taking a cheap shot because it is American.

He's saying that most of its support is from Americans, probably because the car has little or no public exposure in the ROW.

Why are you so keen to turn him into an Anti US bigot, without even reading his comments properly?

You don't even mention the car - good or bad points, just his "bias".
    Thanks for all the fish

Has the top speed of the S7 been proven/documented? Does the Veyron accelerate significantly faster than the S7? I've seen 0-60 figures for the veyron that range between 2.5 and 2.8 seconds, and I consistently find 2.8 seconds for the S7 TT (that's the 750 hp version). I wonder what the 1000 hp one can do...
    you know i've gone from 0-60 in 2.6 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001
    you know i've gone from 0-60 in 2.6 seconds
    Me too in a rollercoaster. Hard to imagine a car can do that really :P

Quote Originally Posted by quattro_20v
    Me too in a rollercoaster. Hard to imagine a car can do that really :P
    That's why it needs 16 cyllinders and quad turbos to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Coventrysucks
    He isn't taking a cheap shot because it is American.

He's saying that most of its support is from Americans, probably because the car has little or no public exposure in the ROW.

Why are you so keen to turn him into an Anti US bigot, without even reading his comments properly?

You don't even mention the car - good or bad points, just his "bias".
    How does the fact that people in the rest of the world are not as exposed to it make it an "incomplete" car though. He isn't just saying that most of its support comes from Americans, he is trying to use that as a reason that the car is inferior. This to me shows an irrational bias. And don't put words in my mouth, I never called anyone a bigot. You want to know what I think of the cars? I think the Veyron is a very impressive machine. It's fast, luxurious, and has an interesting look, but I wish it would lose (quite) a few pounds. The S7 definitely speaks to me more in terms of aesthetics, and I like the fact that it weighs much less than the Bugatti (although I would still prefer it to be a little less heavy). The price of both cars is ridiculous, although the S7 is a little less ridiculous. I won't ever really know which of these would be more fun to own or drive, since I will probably never do either, but based on what I do know I would lean toward the Saleen. It's more my kind of car, just as an F430 is more appealing to me than an M6.
    Last edited by gtface; 10-11-2006 at 02:44 PM.

saleen is more of a raw animal to a trained professional, veyron.
    the saleen is more of a boy racer hardcore machine built just for pissin about in and burnin ur average porsche, tuned jap imports... to prove a point.
    in the veyron... its the perfect car to drive, and get beaten by every other car including a daewoo matiz... Why? because everybody knows in 5 seconds you'll be half a mile ahead if u really wanted to but there'd be no point... its a way of givin other drivers some sort of satisfaction for bein so average and jealous of what u have...

but be honest all people who buy such machines have too much money and should share their wealth out!

Quote Originally Posted by DizMeisTa
    but be honest all people who buy such machines have too much money and should share their wealth out!
    They do.

Think of all the people employed by Bugatti and its suppliers, for a start...
    Thanks for all the fish

Bugatti Veyron=The Jewel

Saleen S7=The Dream

In my opinion the Bugatti is the better car, for many reasons. The main reason being that the Veryron is very well put together. To name a few of my favorite features they include, a very luxurious atmosphere, an amazing engine, a sophisticated brake system, and finally the fact that Volkswagen sells the Veyron for less than it cost to make it.

The S7 is also a fantastic car, it has a huge presence in person, a fantastic sound, not a lot of people are farmiliar with the car, and it boasts a classic six speed manual transmission.

In my opinon these two cars shouldn't be compared, mainly because of the quality issues. I think you would be better off comparing the S7 to an Edonis or a Ford GT.
    Last edited by ezekielrage123; 10-14-2006 at 12:57 PM.

The saleen was built for the track and converted to a supercar. The veyron was built from the ground up with the purpose of being the fastest producution car.
    Veyron = Quality
    Saleen = Yank Trash

bugatti veyron - Sounds Like an F1 car! = Freakin AWERSOM!

Saleen 7 Havent herd much about it Though it's Great.
    Proud Owner Of a Mercedes Benz. I WISH!!!

Thread Information