Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I just realised I could have bought a (bad) real car instead of this...

Do you have any idea what you could do with $700?...
    1987 Pontiac GTA Trans Am (Parked-Project car)
    Orange/Cloth
    Future ideas:
    LS1/LT1 or Twin Screw S/C L98 TPI
    True duels/side pipes

2001 Hyundai Tiburon 2.0 (DD)
    Black/Black and Grey Leather

I could buy adapters and tires for my wheels that don't fit.
    [O o)O=\x/=O(o O]

The things we do for girls who won't sleep with us.

Patrick says:
    dads is too long so it wont fit
    so i took hers out
    and put mine in

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    I want all of those questioning why john14 dropped $700 in video games in a 4.5 month period, to calculate how much they dropped in booze in the same period.
    $0.00. I also spent $0.00 on video games. I value useful possessions much more than food/drink/video games...

i could pay for my yearly insurance, or atleast the bulk of it, with $700. paying that on cards for a game is somehow, unfulfilling. Obviously it is for you but in the logic of what money is worth, it doesnt seem to make much sense. Unless you're as rich as hell.

Stop looking at me! Look at me! Stop looking at me!
    If he likes it and has a good time, I don't see it as a huge issue. I'd suggest finding something cheaper, but who knows? Maybe he'll look back on it and regret it and learn a good lesson. Maybe he'll get addicted to heroin and wish he only spent 700 on his addiction.
    I dont if I'll make home tonight
    But I know I can swim
    under the Tahitian moon

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Nog View Post
    Most of the time this calculation is done with smokers... its insane how much money people are willing to spend on that bull$#!+.
    Seriously...$5 a pack...pack a day for a pretty solid smoker...Just 20 years worth of smoking ('bout as long as you'll live smoking a pack a day anyway) and you could get a pretty loaded A4, or a used pretty much anything.
    He came dancing across the water
    With his galleons and guns
    Looking for the new world
    In that palace in the sun
    On the shore lay Montezuma
    With his cocoa leaves and pearls

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    $0.00. I also spent $0.00 on video games. I value useful possessions much more than food/drink/video games...
    And look how much fun you are
    Weekly Quote -

Dick

Quote Originally Posted by magracer View Post
    I want all of those questioning why john14 dropped $700 in video games in a 4.5 month period, to calculate how much they dropped in booze in the same period.

I have dropped about $400 just going out (not including dinners, just booze), and I'm not going out half as much as I did a couple years ago. If I counted my B-day party it would easily get around the $700 mark john14 spent.

And if you don't drink or go out, surely you'll be spending it in other frivolous ways!

No you can continue questioning.... or not!

Now do the same excersise for your drinking lifetime, and see what car would you be able to afford now with that money!
    I spend about 15€ on a Saturday night in the pub. I go there about 7 out of 8 weeks with me mates. So that is about 52 € a month on average. Also I drive once a month, so my drinks are free then. So about 35€.

However Friday night is poker night and me and my mates meet up at someone's place. Once a month it's over here. A crate of beer (24 bottles) is 10 € so that makes 45€ a month.

However, based on what you said, I'd wager that you drink significantly more than the average person.

Most of the time this calculation is done with smokers... its insane how much money people are willing to spend on that bull$#!+.
    One 4€ pack every 2 days I smoke, some weeks I smoke that in three hours. I estimate I spend about 25€ a week on it DAMN It amazes me while I am typing this ! Good thing im gonna (try to) quit again from next week onward !

Smoking (anything) = stupid shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauc3 View Post
    If it makes you feel better, I spent 0.00 on phone bills, because kingofthering don't talk to nobody.

(except for email, that's free)
    I'm dropping out to create a company that starts with motorcycles, then cars, and forty years later signs a legendary Brazilian driver who has a public and expensive feud with his French teammate.

dude thats the most rediculous thing i have ever heard. $700 over 4 months is a shitload to waste on a video game in which winning gets you nothing. jesus christ.
    [url]www.spenserheaps.smugmug.com[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by kingofthering View Post
    What's the secret to winning at Initial D? The game is so unrealistic? I've tried Scandinavian flicking, manual gearbox trick (no brakes, just downshift at 200km/h and turn the wheel ), left-foot braking, yet I always seem to lose...

anyway... Cappucinio = awesome Kei-car. It's also my pixelcarlife and (one of my) GT4 car.
    kingofthering, I have a 2 good pictures and a cell/mobile phone video of my Initial D Suzuki Cappuccino. I will post them soon. The Cappuccino (EA11R) is easily the best car for the easy course, Myogi... because the Cappuccino can reach a top speed of 208 km/h or 209 km/h (or 130 miles per hour ) while the other cars cannot travel at that speed. Also, the Cappuccino is arguably the equal best car for Shomaru outbound which is an expert course. The Mazda RX-8 is better than the Cappuccino for Shomaru Inbound Dry and the Cappuccino is better than the RX-8 for Shomaru Outbound. By the way, the Cappuccino is one of the best cars for the Akagi, Happogahara and the Akina course. Obviously the AE86 is the best car for Akina and the Cappucino is about the 3rd best car for the Akina downhill course. In fact, Toyota Trueno GT-Apex (AE86) is nearly one and a half seconds faster than the the second best car for the Akina Down course which is the Nissan 180SX TYPE X [RPS13].

As I mentioned in the past, the the Fujiwara Tofu shop sticker adds about a billion BHP to the Toyota Trueno GT-Apex AE86. True Story.
    Last edited by john14; 07-08-2007 at 09:30 AM.
    "Take my swimming trunks, I won't need them." - Frank Costanza. "What does he want with your swimming trunks." - Estelle Costanza. "Why should they go to waste." - Frank Costanza - Seinfeld

Yes, it is insane how much smokers spend on cigarettes. Increasing the taxes for cigarettes is actually effective for curbing some smokers if they care about their money.

However, on the other side, nicotine on its own is said to have benefits for the body. Cigarettes contain nicotine but they have way too much bad stuff in it to make cigarettes good. Nicotine is said to slow Alzheimer's, but not much studies have been made about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicotine#Therapeutic_uses

Thread Information