Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is TVR?

Where is TVR?

OK, so TVR got bought by that Russian billionaire, sold it, bought it back, sold it less than a week later, then bought it back again. The only car that was made in this period was the Sagaris.

Now, he says he wants to move from Blackpool to various different factories across Europe and make a V8 powered Sagaris 2. But that was 3 - 4 years ago. The Blackpool base is a deserted wasteland.

So whats gone wrong?

Ran out of odd designs and the Chromalusion fad is over.

I've been a bit scared that they might be disappearing, and I've been keeping an eye on the website every so often. I've just now found out that the website is now gone =[ Surely not a good sign.
    They had such a strong presence just a few years ago, with 4 or 5 models available at once...then it all went wrong. They're a bit like Cizeta really: they keep telling us that they're doing stuff and making cars and hanging around, but are they? Who knows.
    All about the t-tops

I've just checked the german sites, and they are gone, too. The people over at the TVR forum don't know what's up, either, but it seems like various development projects have stopped (like the Tuscan GT). Seems like their either gone or are developing something in a completely different location (something I would like to believe). Doesn't look good, that's for sure.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

That's a shame, the company has never been super profitable but they made some crazy cars and it would have been nice to see that continue. I hope they're not dead for sure, and I'm sure eventually someone will buy the naming rights and the designs or something and get it back, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    That's a shame, the company has never been super profitable but they made some crazy cars and it would have been nice to see that continue. I hope they're not dead for sure, and I'm sure eventually someone will buy the naming rights and the designs or something and get it back, but who knows.
    I was gonna say the same thing. I hope that who ever does buy it, is someone that actually has a real interest in TVR and does someting more than pour money into it.
    "NEVER ALLOW SOMEONE TO BE YOUR PRIORITY, WHILE ALLOWING YOURSELF TO BE THEIR OPTION"

Quote Originally Posted by taz_rocks_miami View Post
    I was gonna say the same thing. I hope that who ever does buy it, is someone that actually has a real interest in TVR and does someting more than pour money into it.
    Whoever buys it lets hope they start to make new cars, I would love them to remake the Speed 12 when they get enough money, but this time make it not so dangerous so they can actually make it.
    Last edited by thebrochureman; 04-16-2011 at 04:09 AM.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by thebrochureman View Post
    Whoever buys it lets hope they start to make new cars, I would love them to remake the Speed 12 when they get enough money, but this time make it not so dangerous so they can actually make it.
    I think it was probably projects like the Speed Twelve that sent TVR bust in the first place

TVR would probably be best off going the Ginetta route and start a cheap one-make series, and work from there into sub £50k road cars. In fact just let Lawrence Tomlinson have TVR ... he's like Peter Wheeler, but with the ability to turn a decent profit.

Quote Originally Posted by :Exige: View Post
    I think it was probably projects like the Speed Twelve that sent TVR bust in the first place

TVR would probably be best off going the Ginetta route and start a cheap one-make series, and work from there into sub £50k road cars. In fact just let Lawrence Tomlinson have TVR ... he's like Peter Wheeler, but with the ability to turn a decent profit.
    Yeah TVR would probably best fit into the market by making a slightly insane niche car. Plenty of car makers make sort of niche sports cars and do relatively well for themselves (Caterham, Lotus come to mind)

TVR will never be dead. A nameplate like that even if it disappears for 10 years or so, it will be back.

Look at the likes of Mini, Bugatti, Bentley etc.
    Gone:
    09 Ducati Monster 696
    09 Audi Q5 3.2
    03 Infiniti G35 Sedan
    07 Honda Civic Coupe LX 5spd

Current:
    10 BMW 335d
    12 Audi Q5 2.0t
    10 VW Jetta TDI
    11 Ducati Monster 796

TVR ain't that special a nameplate, for every revived marque there's another that has little chance of revival.
    Life's too short to drive bad cars.

It's going to be hard for them if they do come back, they will have to compete in a very competitive market. It would be hard competing with Caterham and Lotus, i mean they can't say that they focus on handling like Caterham and Lotus, but TVR's would be more fun than both.
    Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
    — Jeremy Clarkson

YES!!!

I know what happened (and why nobody found out anything). The new TVR won't be built in Blackpool, neither in Russia. It will be built in Germany, by a small company called Gullwing.
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...#ixzz0rsDGNdYc
    Apparently, it will take some time until we'll finally see it, but it will come.
    FIXIE EVOLVED INTO SMALL MOTORBIKE! Now driving a Simson KR51 <3

Dream ride: red 1971 Opel Commodore GS/E

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore GS/E View Post
    YES!!!

I know what happened (and why nobody found out anything). The new TVR won't be built in Blackpool, neither in Russia. It will be built in Germany, by a small company called Gullwing.
    http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...#ixzz0rsDGNdYc
    Apparently, it will take some time until we'll finally see it, but it will come.
    but according to my information russian billionaire says he will not only bring TVR back but they will launch three new models

On the stolen money is no good to build

Thread Information