Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche accuses Nissan of cheating at Nurburgring

Nurburgring is a high speed track, the record setting GTR was as fast in the main straight as the Corvette ZR1 (around 180mph). The stock GTR is far slower when compared to the ZO6 and 911T above 100mph.

I dont think Nissan used racing tires but do think that they had the boost turned up. Also notice that early reviews had the GTR perform better than more recent reviews.

"As I walk through the valley of rice I shall fear no turbo, for torque art with me and the enemy is fat."

My point has been proven.

thankyou.
    <cough> www.charginmahlazer.tumblr.com </cough>

Quote Originally Posted by monaroCountry View Post
    Nurburgring is a high speed track,
    172 corners on 22 km....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by 092326001 View Post
    this is stupid....
    porsche should build a stupidly fast supercar akin to the GT1 to prove it's ring superiority instead
    That probably was the Carrera GT.
    Lack of charisma can be fatal.
    Visca Catalunya!

Quote Originally Posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    yeah i was about to say those cars come with semi-slicks how can they be complaining about nissan's tire choice on the runs
    if they think Nissan seriously used better performing tires...only racing slicks are missing!

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    172 corners on 22 km....
    an average speed of 176 km/h is quite fast for a road car

Beside this whole story, I am fine with Porsche claiming there is something wrong from their point of view. if they think Nissan cheated on their car's performance, they are allowed to complain about it. The GT-R can be an awesome car then, not the point.
    It's also my personal opinion that there is something wrong with the GT-R, mainly it's price. assuming it's as fast as it is, I can't believe that price is going to make any profit, but that's ok, the GT-R is bringing so much attention to Nissan and a similar discussion could be opened regarding the utility of producing the 8C Competizione.

Beside, the whole "lap time" thingy, on Nurburgring, TopGear's track or wherever you want is getting very tiring, that's true.
    Considering also that one of the bigger Nurburgring driving schools is still using the old Alfa Romeo 75....
    KFL Racing Enterprises - Kicking your ass since 2008

*cough* http://theitalianjunkyard.blogspot.com/ *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Wouter Melissen View Post
    Ah yeah an experienced chassis engineer is as fast as a former F1 driver.
    Don't forget... Experienced in the Nurburgring!

This puzles me... experienced at what in the nurburgring? painting the track? shouting at cars... hummm...
    "Religious belief is the “path of least resistance”, says Boyer, while disbelief requires effort."

Quote Originally Posted by ruim20 View Post
    Don't forget... Experienced in the Nurburgring!

This puzles me... experienced at what in the nurburgring? painting the track? shouting at cars... hummm...
    IIRC correctly the ZR1 driver was an engineer too

Quote Originally Posted by LeonOfTheDead View Post

an average speed of 176 km/h is quite fast for a road car
    sure, but it is also a matter of how the car negotiates those corners and how speed can be carried. Monaro made the link between straight line acceleration and the speed on the Ring. Any dragsters will greatly outperform the GTR, but will loose on the Ring against a Trabant....
    "I find the whole business of religion profoundly interesting, but it does mystify me that otherwise intelligent people take it seriously." Douglas Adams

If Porsche wants open this can of worms of challenging other car claims it could no doubt bite them on the ass someday.

Quote Originally Posted by henk4 View Post
    sure, but it is also a matter of how the car negotiates those corners and how speed can be carried. Monaro made the link between straight line acceleration and the speed on the Ring. Any dragsters will greatly outperform the GTR, but will loose on the Ring against a Trabant....
    true. I would suggest to walk against the dragster, just to keep it more interesting, I would like to be there to see the dragster maneuvering at each bend

It's just the Germans getting angry they don't hold a record on their own turf. Just like when Armstrong was winning the Tour De France all the time the French authorities were always looking to get him for doping and just like how all the Good Ol' Boys in NASCAR were pissed when Toyota showed up.

Nissan has to be cheating... I saw the record lap times

It's the 20.8 km of track section...

7:22.1 - Dodge Viper ACR
    7:26.4 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1
    7:27.8 - Pagani Zonda F
    7:28.0 - Porsche Carrera GT
    7:29.0 - Nissan GT-R
    7:32.0 - Porsche 911 GT2

7:34.0 - Koenigsegg CCR
    7:35.0 - Ruf Rt 12
    7:39.0 - Ferrari 430 Scuderia
    7:40.0 - Bugatti Veyron 16.4
    7:40.0 - McLAren Mercedes SLR
    7:40.0 - Lamborghini Murcielago LP640
    7:40.6 - Ford GT
    9:12.0 - Jaguar S-Type Diesel
    10:08.0 - Ford Transit

I mean... how could a Nissan GT-r beat the Bugatti Veyron or even the Ferrari 430 scuderia, McLaren SLR, or Lamborghini Murcielago LP640.

It makes me wonder how they did it since these cars have the advantage in raw power and usable by these cars because the Nurburgring is a High-speed track. It's not like Monaco...

So, give me an explanation on how they did it...

Quote Originally Posted by ScionDriver View Post
    It's just the Germans getting angry they don't hold a record on their own turf. Just like when Armstrong was winning the Tour De France all the time the French authorities were always looking to get him for doping and just like how all the Good Ol' Boys in NASCAR were pissed when Toyota showed up.
    Somehow though... it's also a bit annoying if your thinking that an exotic Porsche has been beaten by a Nissan.... It's like rubbing salt on a person's wounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrer View Post
    That probably was the Carrera GT.
    Yup... this was the porsche that kicked the ass of the GT-r...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeding Heart View Post
    Somehow though... it's also a bit annoying if your thinking that an exotic Porsche has been beaten by a Nissan.... It's like rubbing salt on a person's wounds...
    is it so hard to swallow that Nissan may have build a damn good car? Where is the open mind these days. Is image everything?
    And if you wonder why a Radical or a Donkervoort has been faster than all the cars you listed, although they both have less horsepower, than you may start to realise that HP is not everything to make a car going fast.

Thread Information